PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G53SX Adapter Issues

ozymil
10-21-2013, 02:09 AM
This is my first time visiting this forum, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this question, or if I can find this information elsewhere.

I bought an ASUS G53SX-NH71 off of Newegg back in the summer of 2011, and so far it's been a great computer. However, I've been running into some issues in the past few months with the AC adapter. The first problem occurred when the power jack's pin broke off in my charger and I had to get it replaced. Along with the repair I was given a new adapter, which worked for a few months, until it died out and I ordered a another one from PWR+ on Amazon. After about five months of use, that died out as well, and PWR+ sent out a replacement. Not more than a month later, this charger died. Now I'm without a computer and I'm wondering if there's another third party adapter I can buy, or if I should just bite the bullet and get a replacement straight from ASUS. I'd like to try and save some money if possible, since ASUS' adapters are ~$90.

The third party adapter I was looking at is this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1PK1175185

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Pitcher@asus
10-21-2013, 02:38 AM
what do you mean died? is unable to charge or?

ozymil
10-21-2013, 02:42 AM
My adapter must have short-circuited or something, because when I plug it into the wall the LED on the side doesn't light up and I can't turn on my computer. I know it's not an issue with my computer, because this happened to my previous adapter.