PDA

View Full Version : G73Jh GPU fan regulation

air2air
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi guys :)
First of all, Iīm so sorry I added another thread about this topic, but when I was looking for an answer I couldnīt find it . :(

This is my problem (I think not only mine):

A week ago I bought a G73Jh with HD5870. Everything was ok, but then it all started - GSOD, shutting down, overheating problems. So I decided to UTFG and that brought me here. I downloaded the newest version of Bios and updated it, I got 213 now. Then I downloaded and updated vBios made by Chastity. That allows to overdrive my GPU - THANKS A LOT !! So the overheating problem is solved, when I "downclock" both parameters to minimum (temperature used to be about 68 - 73°C in Windows, with "downclock" parameters itīs 46 - 56°C). But I got another question - my freakin fan canīt reach more than 30% of efficiency. The HWiNFO32 shows me the regulation of the fan and itīs still at about 3000rpm. When the temperature is too high (about 80°C), it goes at about 3500 - 3800rpm. Is there some program or utility, which allows to control the regulation of the fan? Those 30% arenīt enough.

Tomorrow, I try to clean the laptop with a can of air. I also saw some videos about repasting CPU & GPU, but Iīm a little bit scared, cause Iīve never done it before.

Thank you sooo much for any advice. :o

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Pitcher@asus
10-22-2013, 03:32 AM
i think no, because asus fan is auto detect.

billyray520
10-23-2013, 12:17 PM
I think the fans are controlled by the BIOS. I use BIOS 213 and the fans are like you describe. They were adjusted to be quieter. In the earlier BIOS's they were louder and faster I think. But since you have upgraded your vBIOS, you don't want to downgrade your CPU BIOS. :cool:

air2air
11-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Well I guess, there is no way to regulate the fan. I tried to find out a solution, but unsuccessfully. The temperature is lower with the last version of Bios and vBios. The version of vBios modified by Chastity works - it allows you to override the GPU and it solves the "battery low-life" problem.

So, I try to repaste it, just for sure :) Then I guess, the temperature should be at about 40 - 45°C. :)