PDA

View Full Version : Cursos slow when game's minimized

Lethichore
10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi,

I just bought a new asus g750jx last week and it's been an awesome machine so far :).

There's something annoying tho, every time i minimize a game my cursor on my desktop starts to move reaaallyyy slow and shaky, I tried both with mousepad and external mouse and it's identically the same.

The computer on itself isn't moving slow because when i finally succeeded to click something it opens immediately, also when i open task manager the mouse moves at it's normal speed.

Does anyone have an idea what may cause this or what's the difference between task manager and normal desktop (does it disable something?)

Thx in advance,

Grtzz

Pitcher@asus
10-23-2013, 02:06 AM
is only happen when you minimize window of game? i think it is michane spend a lot of memory.

hmscott
10-23-2013, 04:12 AM
Hi,
I just bought a new asus g750jx last week and it's been an awesome machine so far :).
There's something annoying tho, every time i minimize a game my cursor on my desktop starts to move reaaallyyy slow and shaky, I tried both with mousepad and external mouse and it's identically the same.
The computer on itself isn't moving slow because when i finally succeeded to click something it opens immediately, also when i open task manager the mouse moves at it's normal speed.
Does anyone have an idea what may cause this or what's the difference between task manager and normal desktop (does it disable something?)
Thx in advance,
Grtzz

Lethichore, welcome to the G750 forums :)

Which game is doing this after ALT-Tab minimizing?

You can look at free memory with Task Manager. Bring it up before starting/minimizing the game so you don't have to fight the slow cursor to start it up.

The game could be doing low level tricks to keep control of the mouse / screen / audio / etc. I have ALT-Tab'd games on the G750 and haven't seen this yet on the G750, but I have seen it on other machines/games.

Lethichore
10-23-2013, 07:47 AM
thanks for the answers, problem seems to be resolved..

I reinstalled the touchpad drivers from the Asus website and now all is working fine...
I had it on both League of Legends and ACIII (only ones i tested so far :) ).

I assumed the drivers would be up to date since they were released end may but apparently not :).

thx

hmscott
10-26-2013, 05:39 PM
thanks for the answers, problem seems to be resolved..

I reinstalled the touchpad drivers from the Asus website and now all is working fine...
I had it on both League of Legends and ACIII (only ones i tested so far :) ).

I assumed the drivers would be up to date since they were released end may but apparently not :).

thx

Lethichore, congrats on being aware / open minded enough to believe something outside the socially programmed thought that "it must/should be working right" and taking the next step to solve the problem, rather than RMA'ing at the first baffling problem you found. :)

The build on both my G750JW and JX were working fine with the shipped drivers. Usually those images are built, tested, and cloned for all production. You might have gotten a between update build that slipped through some bad drivers - or they were corrupted somehow. It is nice to see it was a simple fix.

You might try downloading and installing all the drivers for the G750 model you have, checking the other models for more drivers (for hardware in your model) is a good habit to get in to as over time there might be some updates that get uploaded by Asus for one model while the others lag a while. Newer models, first fixes, and other related new products get new driver updates first.

You can also track down (pun intended) manufacturer drivers that are updated past what Asus has released (for the exact/correct hardware in your laptop), and you can also branch out to other Asus products that incorporate the features/chips in the G750. Some times you need to unwrap (unzip) the package (installer) for a driver to get the Windows Device driver Update feature to install the update if the provided installer is too smart and notices it isn't getting installed on the machine it expects.

It's fun to practice uninstalling, rolling back, and deleting old traces of drivers manually, hand patching resources and then code, all part of getting Windows out of the way to do work - or fun :)