PDA

View Full Version : Win 8.1 ISO

coolsbrah
10-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Where can I download win 8.1 ISO compatible with the G750's? I know you can download it on microsoft.com but its the same problems as when I was looking for WIN 8, you need a CD key to download and laptops windows key are all embedded into the laptops motherboard.

I want to do a clean install, also I remember seeing someone posted a great Win7/8 clean install guide where is it?

coolsbrah
10-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Also, even if I get a win 8.1 ISO will I be able to make a clean install on it? Like, will my laptop motherboard recognize the 8.1 and proceed to install it? (cause we get free upgrade to 8.1) or you can only upgrade meaning you still need to install win 8 first and then UPGRADE

Pitcher@asus
10-23-2013, 06:21 AM
i think G750 is win 8 system, you can download 8.1 from store, also you can buy in e-store, i saw some people buy from amazon.

Pitcher
10-23-2013, 06:57 AM
i think you best from win 8 upgrate to win 8.1.

roflmao

Nehmia
10-23-2013, 06:59 AM
i think you best from win 8 upgrate to win 8.1.

ROFLMAO! Seriously, is this guy an administrator? HAHAHAH

coolsbrah
10-23-2013, 08:22 AM
I kinda agree with you on this one, its been bugging me a while actually ever since I joined the forum, he always gives very broad answers or no useful answer at all..., sometimes I dont even know what he means. this forum is missing a actual admin that gives people concrete answers and helpful suggestions, im pretty sure their forum for ASIA users is much more elaborated than this one which is a shame. The guy tells me to just better upgrade but none of my questions are actually answered and im pretty sure he knows the answer of a lot of the things, its either too hard for him to explain in proper english or he doesnt want to do it.

If thats the case, ASUS should find more people than can get their point across in english better...

It should be noted that my purpose was not to be offensive or toxic, but some things must be pointed out.

Nehmia
10-23-2013, 09:24 AM
I kinda agree with you on this one, its been bugging me a while actually ever since I joined the forum, he always gives very broad answers or no useful answer at all..., sometimes I dont even know what he means. this forum is missing a actual admin that gives people concrete answers and helpful suggestions, im pretty sure their forum for ASIA users is much more elaborated than this one which is a shame. The guy tells me to just better upgrade but none of my questions are actually answered and im pretty sure he knows the answer of a lot of the things, its either too hard for him to explain in proper english or he doesnt want to do it.

If thats the case, ASUS should find more people than can get their point across in english better...

It should be noted that my purpose was not to be offensive or toxic, but some things must be pointed out.

well he does that in every thread, give a useless and vague answer that has nothing to do with the users' request.

in this case, you asked for the ISO because you want to do a clean install which gives you much much better performance, no bugs, and less wasted space

you asked for the ISO, but he just said "better to upgrade" really? according to who? it's NOT better to upgrade!

I made an official complaint about him to ASUS

DeltaActual
10-23-2013, 11:34 AM
You know, i understand that Pitcher is trying to help in a way, but........ It feels like we are dealing with some small laptop boutique here, which makes a great product, but only starts to grow... And it's located in China... And they don't have English support yet... But then you realize - it is Asus! With very aggressive pricing and marketing! Yet, they can't assign a native English speaker as an admin to their forums......

Shawnnepc
10-23-2013, 04:17 PM
The hostility towards Pitcher is really quite unwarranted.

It's obvious that English is not his first language and he's just trying to help so I'd cut him some slack.

There's also numerous active ASUS employees on this forum who are constantly helping other customers. They may have not reached your question yet, or there is no valid answer to your question.

Back to the main topic...

With the launch of Windows 8, Microsoft has significantly cracked down on the spread of Windows software downloads. There's severe penalties for distributing Windows OS software outside of the terms set by Microsoft (Which I agree is REALLY lame)

However!

Since 8.1 is fairly new the OEM DVDs have just started shipping so it's likely there might be some unofficial links to the ISO somewhere..

You could also grab the Windows 8 ISO (which is fairly easy to find) and fresh install with that, upgrade to Windows 8.1 and then use imaging software to burn a vanilla system image. That way if you ever needed to do a reinstall you'd have 8.1 disks.

Praz
10-23-2013, 05:33 PM
The hostility towards Pitcher is really quite unwarranted.

It's obvious that English is not his first language and he's just trying to help so I'd cut him some slack.
Shawnn, thanks for the post. To others posting in this thread there are few rules here at the forum. But courtesy and respect toward others is not only expected but required. Any future posts along the lines of the posts above will result in some time away from the forum to reflect on how civilized individuals respond to each other. Also, there is no need to respond to this post as that will likely also result in some off time from the forum. Thank you.

Fuchs
10-23-2013, 09:04 PM
U can use a lot of original pirate images from reliable people (I don't know is here allowed to provide links :rolleyes:)
Before install Windows 8.1 u schould take a valid license from your Windows 8 and after - carry activation on your new Windows 8.1.
U can do it with following tools:
- KeyCheck from Ratiborus (u can change edition your Windows version when it's possible and it isn't new install )
- Advanced Tokens Manager
- KMSAuto Pro