PDA

View Full Version : Razer Megalodon crackling noise on playing audio =(

shinigamikai
10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey guys since i got my G750JX i love everything about it but only one thing bothers me is that i cant use my megalodons from some reason 1st when i plug it in USB port it say windows 8 cant recognize device then after couple of tries it actually does work but then there is crackling sound in audio all the time i have latest bios all drivers etc installed plus the megalodons themself dont need drivers anyway (yes i updated to latest razer firmware also) dont know what could be the problem...on my wifes toshiba laptop they work perfectly any suggestions?

Edit: my OS is Windows 8 64bit if it helps

villiansv
10-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Go to Control Panel --> Sound. For BOTH playback and recording tabs, select the relevant Razer entry --> Properties --> Advanced. Make sure the default format dropdown is set to the same values as on your wife's toshiba in the same place. If it still crackles, try the various options there.

Good luck.

shinigamikai
10-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Go to Control Panel --> Sound. For BOTH playback and recording tabs, select the relevant Razer entry --> Properties --> Advanced. Make sure the default format dropdown is set to the same values as on your wife's toshiba in the same place. If it still crackles, try the various options there.

Good luck.

Just tried it,same setup but still crackling on my side tnx tho :)

shinigamikai
10-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Well found out if i disable usb 3.0 in bios crackling stops BUT then if i plug in Xbox 360 pc controller and headset together headset doesnt work anymore or other way around depends on whats first plugged...very weird...i guess i will have to sell the headset

AM3RIC4
12-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Great I have the same problem. I'm using the Asus G750JH and I'm also getting a crackling noise on my Razer Megaldon. And that's when the device even works since half the time Windows says it malfunctioned or can't be recognized.

hmscott
12-30-2013, 03:11 AM
The problem sounds like a USB 3.0 / 2.0 compatibility problem. If you have a USB 2.0 hub you might try putting it between the laptop and the device to see if that helps. Turning off USB 3.0 in the BIOS isn't a good solution, but may be your only other choice.

You might submit the problem as described to Razor to see if they can come up with a USB 3.0 compatibility solution.

Since it's an Intel USB port issue, maybe updates to the Intel drivers will come along to fix it. Here is the latest version .1022 from Asus:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Chipset/Chipset_Intel_Win81_64_VER9401022.zip

And the latest from Intel .1026:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775