PDA

View Full Version : Odd Issue with a G60vx

ab0l15h
10-25-2013, 12:32 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have an Asus G60vx laptop and it started doing a very odd thing. The battery almost acts like a key to turn it on. If i plug it in to the wall with no battery and i hit the power nothing happeneds. I put the battery in while its still plugged in, hit the power and nothing happeneds. While its still plugged in I then remove the battery, hit the power button and it boots up with no issues and runs for as long as I want it to and is very stable. And this is not intermittent, it happened everytime i insert it then remove it. I have run every stress test I could find (Prime, 3dmark, etc) and there is no issue. I am guessing its the battery as I did bring it into a batteries plus and it did test bad but whats confusing me is.. why do I have to insert it and then remove it to get it to turn on? Does asus have some kind of fail safe that if the battery has a defect the machine wont boot even when plugged into the wall? Didnt know if theres anything I can try while I am waiting for the new battery.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Pitcher@asus
10-25-2013, 02:55 AM
i don;t understant what do you mean, is it as below which one will not power on system:
1. plug battery only
2. plug adapter only
3. plug battery and adapter

ab0l15h
10-25-2013, 03:43 AM
i don;t understant what do you mean, is it as below which one will not power on system:
1. plug battery only
2. plug adapter only
3. plug battery and adapter

plug adapter only will boot it up. But keep in mind, you first have to insert the battery then remove it while its plugged into the wall. I know it sounds crazy but thats how I have to get it to turn on. Im hoping the new battery fixes it. After searching the web for days I finally found a post on cnet with one other person having the same exact issue I was having but he got no responses.

ab0l15h
10-25-2013, 03:56 AM
Found the post

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6122_102-566379/battery-for-asus-g51vx-works-like-a-key/

and I was wrong there was a response but I was thinking maybe someone here had more experciance with this and maybe had an idea what actually fixed it. My gut was telling me the battery because its the one scenario where it wont power on.