PDA

View Full Version : How do I identify the LED cable for the keyboard?

Alpha17x
10-28-2013, 05:58 AM
Hi everyone. A while back I had to RMA my laptop. It was fixed overall (would not power on, would not charge. There was an issue with the power connector internally. However after it came back the keyboard backlight no longer functioned.

I've been waching some teardown videos on youtube trying to get a clear view of where the LED cable connects but every video I've seen doesn't put enough focus on it. Does anyone have a picture or does it have a clear indicator on the board or keyboard for where it connects?

I've got no problem opening my notebook up I just need to know what I'm looking for so I can hook it up again (assuming the support center didn't wreck the cable)

Anyone got some advice, pictures, diagrams? A video of yourself doing charades?

rewben
10-28-2013, 06:41 AM
first of all, have you turned the keyboard light on by increasing the brightness? (it should be fn+f4).

Alpha17x
10-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Function keys have been fiddled with, bios is most recent, ATK and keyboard drivers have been re-installed.

rewben
10-28-2013, 07:44 AM
i'm sorry i just realized that i do not know about your laptop model.

for g55, it's a single connection to the motherboard. when it's not connected properly, you can't even type properly (some characters simply will not register; it's a good indicator to me). all you have to do is to make sure it is plugged in properly.

i am not sure about the other models.

Pitcher@asus
10-28-2013, 07:55 AM
please check cable under KB, it is correct connect with MB, if yes, please re-sent RMA, and tell them.

Alpha17x
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
The videos of the g75vw and vx seem to show the same hardware. They show three cables running from the underside of the keyboard to the notebook....

I'm just going to open it up and make sure everything that's already in is in securely. I will not RMA it again, it was them that messed it up, I'm not going to trust repairs to the same group of people who couldn't get it done right the first time and wait another five weeks for them to fix their mistake only to return it with another problem. Thank you for your time ill stick with research via YouTube videos

rewben
10-28-2013, 01:09 PM
right. please make sure all of the cables are installed properly. it's very likely that one that takes care of the backlight is loosened.