PDA

View Full Version : NVidia Version: 331.65 - Release Date: Mon Oct 28, 2013

Myroslav
10-28-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/68803
Installed. No issues.

JMourao
10-28-2013, 11:15 PM
hum, just one question cause i havent seen nothing about it, but it still doesnt correct the bug while having the pc in battery mode or does it?

villiansv
10-28-2013, 11:17 PM
What bug is that?

JMourao
10-29-2013, 12:41 AM
while on DC power my pc doesnt even reproduce a 1080p or 720p properly, or for example a game(League Of Legends) the fps rate are always unstable from 60 fps to 5 fps.

I saw some changelog from one of the R331, that had fixed it on 770GTX but i think the problem is still present :/ not sure now if is still a bios bug, or gpu bug when i have time i will go to the official one and see if i still have the same issue

JMourao
10-29-2013, 12:52 AM
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.65/331.65-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf page 17 i think is the one that applies

Krebb
10-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Installed, been playing Arkham Origins and WoW without any issues.

Quite an improvement in Arkham Origins.
So far, so good.

villiansv
10-29-2013, 10:42 AM
while on DC power my pc doesnt even reproduce a 1080p or 720p properly, or for example a game(League Of Legends) the fps rate are always unstable from 60 fps to 5 fps.

I saw some changelog from one of the R331, that had fixed it on 770GTX but i think the problem is still present :/ not sure now if is still a bios bug, or gpu bug when i have time i will go to the official one and see if i still have the same issue

Install the newest bios as per one of the sticky posts to have the CPU not throttle on battery. The GPU will always throttle on battery, as it requires too much power to run full speed. It will never be able to run as fast as when plugged in. It's not a bug, it's how every gaming laptop is, and drivers won't change that.

kingfish
10-29-2013, 11:12 AM
installed but booting time is taking long.. :(

uaegangster111
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
installed but booting time is taking long.. :(

Same here I am running 327 drivers. The R331(333.xx) drivers are not G750 friendly when it comes to the boot up time and sometimes it hangs in windows 8.1 tiny hangs. But good performance in games off course

BlapX
10-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Installed and everything is still running Great :D Battlefield 4 is wonderfull looking with everything @ Ultra settings :)

Batman indeed running easely on 50FPS with maxed out settings :)

What else do u wanna know? ;)

Best Regards, Blap X

JMourao
10-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Install the newest bios as per one of the sticky posts to have the CPU not throttle on battery. The GPU will always throttle on battery, as it requires too much power to run full speed. It will never be able to run as fast as when plugged in. It's not a bug, it's how every gaming laptop is, and drivers won't change that.

hum...i already got the new 208 bios(iam quite an update freak :P, so weakly i check for new updateS) .

thx for the answer, didn't know this, but quite disapointed. Cause even a 720p video, it runs smoothly and in 500€ pc . But thanks

villiansv
10-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Videos should be running butter-smooth on battery, mate. You may want to create a new thread describing your video, program you use to watch etc (rather than hijack this one).

kingfish
10-29-2013, 08:28 PM
switching back to older version :(

Randomname
10-29-2013, 08:48 PM
Yep, installed it, no probs so far :D
Played Crysis 3, Borderlands 2, Castlevania LoS, Mass Effect 3, nothing to complain :)

cosmicmango
10-29-2013, 09:35 PM
updated without any problems

faisalfaisal
11-07-2013, 03:38 AM
hey everyone
i also update my g750 to this driver and performance wise and stability wise no issue but i notice something on my display when i were browsing a page came up with black background and then the whole display dims down i mean its contrast totally went down and when a bright white page came up it went to normal contrast and this happeness only when its running on battery.. and if i plugin the power then its display behaving normally either white or black content showing on the screen.. i just wanna play new games so thats why i updated

even though i rollback to older driver to check and yes the display works perfectly with older driver but then with older drive i am not be able to play new game titles like BF:4 COD:Ghost BATMAN and so on n on...
Please help me..

fab5yo
11-07-2013, 04:17 AM
Hey everyone if any of you have Call of Duty blacks ops 2 can you please check if it works with this new update of the Nvidia drive 331.65 please. Ever since I did the update it has stop working. All I get when I launch the game on steam is sound of the game but no picture and when I click on the little icon COD black ops 2 on the tool bar on my windows 8.1 desktop after I have launched the game on steam I cant open it. It just a black screen. All I want is for someone to check if it the driver update is problem and if they are getting the same issues like me. Also if there a fix t the problem. I really don't want to play ghost right now because there a lot bugs they need to fix and lags super bad. any thought would awesome thanks again friend at ROG for all the help.

Maxter
11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
hey everyone
i also update my g750 to this driver and performance wise and stability wise no issue but i notice something on my display when i were browsing a page came up with black background and then the whole display dims down i mean its contrast totally went down and when a bright white page came up it went to normal contrast and this happeness only when its running on battery.. and if i plugin the power then its display behaving normally either white or black content showing on the screen.. i just wanna play new games so thats why i updated

even though i rollback to older driver to check and yes the display works perfectly with older driver but then with older drive i am not be able to play new game titles like BF:4 COD:Ghost BATMAN and so on n on...
Please help me..

The dimming is controlled by the Windows Power Options. You can disable it if you would like. It's called "adaptive brightness". It really works for saving battery life.

faisalfaisal
11-08-2013, 08:48 PM
The dimming is controlled by the Windows Power Options. You can disable it if you would like. It's called "adaptive brightness". It really works for saving battery life.
i have tried this method but no luck still facing the issue.. its frustrating u know.. when its adapter PLUGIN then the display works perfectly without dimming and when its on battery it goes to dimming and while im watching any video either its online videos or bluray movie the dimming thing makes the whole experience worse. in movie when a dark scene cameup its unbearable to watch it.

Nehmia
11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
i have tried this method but no luck still facing the issue.. its frustrating u know.. when its adapter PLUGIN then the display works perfectly without dimming and when its on battery it goes to dimming and while im watching any video either its online videos or bluray movie the dimming thing makes the whole experience worse. in movie when a dark scene cameup its unbearable to watch it.

the nVIDIA Drivers are full of bugs. Only download the graphics drivers from ASUS and do not install the GeForce Experience:

nVIDIA GeForce Drivers 9.18.13.2683 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip)

cheatermclaggin
11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I had the same issue i had to right click it in steam and go to properties and then to local files and verify integrity of game cache and it fixed it
for me.

hope it helps

faisalfaisal
11-08-2013, 10:17 PM
the nVIDIA Drivers are full of bugs. Only download the graphics drivers from ASUS and do not install the GeForce Experience:

nVIDIA GeForce Drivers 9.18.13.2683 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip)

tried this driver but still facing dimming issue..

Maxter
11-11-2013, 11:24 PM
The new R331 drivers from nVidia were so rushed that they had to give a new patch (the 331.65) to fix huge issues from the one they released 5 days before. They still have issues with the Boost technology (as stated in their release notes, not all mobile GPUs are currently taking advantage of the Boost). I went back to the nVidia drivers from the ASUS website. I think that it'll take them a few more weeks if not until the end of the year to figure out all these issues. I'm waiting for the next series (maybe 340s?)