PDA

View Full Version : My G750JH down after flash...

Michae-l
10-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Hello,

I did the flash using winflash and upgraded to 205 from 204 BIOS, then restarted and then the windows originally installed on hdd booted instead of the one installed by me on new ssd. So i restarted and tried to set in bios to boot from ssd. Still the hdd loaded. So i removed the hdd and wanted to run on ssd only but the drive could not been recognized in bios, did not show up on list. So i put the hdd on its place and powered up and ...... now the screen does not turn on.... Dark, no logo, can do nothing...... :/ need to return it to repair after just a week.....
Anyone had same situation.... ? Im really dissapointed ....

Maxter
10-31-2013, 08:38 PM
If your computer booted up after the flash, then the flash was a success. Seems your issue is telling your BIOS which hard drive is the main one. Probably, now the BIOS has no idea what you have introduced. I noticed that if I put my HDD on the second bay, the computer does not start. It has to go on the primary bay. There are several threads on installins SSD happening here in the forums. Here's a link to one of them http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39137-Installed-new-ssd-on-a-new-g750jh&country=&status=

Michae-l
10-31-2013, 08:48 PM
The problem is not the drive actually as i just cannot even access the BIOS as nothing shows up on the screen - no rog logo, no windows logo, simply nothing on the screen. I tried different ways but no matter if only hdd is installed or only ssd, or none of them or both... i just see nothing and can do nothing. Tried to hit and hold del to enter BIOS restarting several times but without success :-(

reka121402
10-31-2013, 09:23 PM
The problem is not the drive actually as i just cannot even access the BIOS as nothing shows up on the screen - no rog logo, no windows logo, simply nothing on the screen. I tried different ways but no matter if only hdd is installed or only ssd, or none of them or both... i just see nothing and can do nothing. Tried to hit and hold del to enter BIOS restarting several times but without success :-(

If you have already done this than ignore this post.

bios problems 101, chapter 1, line 1 says:
-Turn off laptop
-remove battery
-remove power plug
-hold power button for 30sec
-wait (20min is good)
-reconnect power sources and then try a bootup.

It is very common for motherboard circuitry to hold a residual charge even after the computer has been turned off, and thereby saving *insert problem here* for the next boot. With bios issues this causes all sorts of annoying problems including the exact one you are describing. Please do the above steps just to rule out the basics.

cl-Albert
10-31-2013, 09:45 PM

Moving hard drives around shouldn't prevent you from getting into the bios normally, so you might try to check if anything happened at the same time. Also run your system without the hard drives installed for now until you can get the bios to show up again if you keep working on it.
Some items are below to consider if you're interested.

1. May not be too likely, but make sure all the screws are accounted for and try tilting your notebook left, right, upside down, etc. to make sure you don't hear any loose screws or items.

2. Memory may not be involved, but make sure everything looks normal and maybe try to reseat the memory or remove some extra sticks while you troubleshoot.

3. It's probably too early to try an external monitor, but still worth a try if you have one lying around.

Michae-l
10-31-2013, 11:24 PM
Thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate that. Sadly. None of the tricks helped. I unpluged and removed baterry then waited around 30 min but without success. I also pluged the external moniot, my old syncmaster but still nothing shows on the screen. Seems like the graphics is broken ? Mobo ?

cl-Albert
11-01-2013, 12:08 AM
If you haven't already, check if you can get a replacement through your store (and if they offer such an option).
Otherwise, you may want to have your service center check it soon if we can't get any better ideas to fix it.

reka121402
11-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Have you tried the bootup without any HDD/SDD installed? It should at least get you to a bios start screen, if not then something failed with the flash and the laptop will need to be sent out for repair.

reka121402
11-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I googled the following link, it is actaully for an HP laptop but the problem seems to be similar. I hope it at least leads you to an answer, he solved his issue but the link has a lot of HP specific fixes and i hope you can adapt it to your situation.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1202625/solved-laptop-bios-update-fail-hp-dv9815nr-see-1st-post/0_100

Maxter
11-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Did you try booting from a CD (UBCD could work), or from a jump drive, while connected to the external monitor? I had an issue similar to this a while back with my old ASUS G1S. They concluded that my mobo and/or GPU was/were fried, so they replaced it... 6 times it happened during 5 years o.O

Michae-l
11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Nothing of the above helped so I returned it to service. I'll give you an update what was the problem once i get my gear back. Thank for all advise so far.