PDA

View Full Version : G750-jx-rb71 oc

Wanderlust
11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
OK. OK. I GET IT.

There are already post out there that have instructions/answers to OC the recent new laptops.

Even though I'm a tech guy and have a deep understanding to computers in general I still don't know what the heck to do.

So the whole point of this thread is, can you guys dumb it down for me how to OC the GPU and CPU for this model (JX-RB71)

At the moment I'm playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra, hitting between 30-40 FPS. Goal is trying to make it at least 50, maybe.

But I have NO IDEA where to start.

Suggestions, comments, call me stupid, I just need some simple guidance.

(If it involves applications, please suggest free ones :3)

-Thank You

villiansv
11-01-2013, 05:58 PM
CPU - use intel XTU for this. You can up the standard and turbo multipliers by 2x - it's pretty easy to follow. At the same time, you can choose to undervolt by setting voltage offsets to e.g. -50mV. You can either OC, UV or both. I personally don't need a faster CPU, so I only UV to get a cooler-running CPU.

GPU - I haven't done it, but there are a few free programs available. MSI Afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak, and others. For the GPU you can overclock the core and the memory. Unlike the CPU, you will likely be allowed to overclock to more than the card can handle, and you'll either crash or get visual artifacts. In that case, reduce the overclock by a bit until you reach stable speeds. I suggest you focus on overclocking only the core first till you find what is stable, then the memory.

For GPU stresstesting, you can try Furmark. If your overclock can run it without freezing/locking up, it's stable. CPU stresstesting can be done from within XTU, or you can download Prime95 or search for intel burn test.

As with any overclocking, it's good to run a temperature-monitoring app like HWMonitor to see how hot it gets. I personally wouldn't let the GPU get above 80, or the CPU above 90 (spikes are allowed during stresstesting)

Wanderlust
11-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Thank you villiansv.