PDA

View Full Version : Got my new G750=JX today

Budco2000
11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Got my new G750JX today. so far so good. I'm coming from the G75-VW. it was 18 months old and never had a problem, I just decided to upgrade and freshen things up a little. One main difference is there are no fan screens. Hell, I can't even see the fans for that matter. I opened up the bottom to put my second SSD drive in, and noticed right off the back the fans have been moved. Anyway to clean them, are there still screens on the fans, wherever the fans might be lol. More worried about getting things setup then locating the fans at this point.

ZiggZagg
11-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Congrats Bud... where did you purchase? I'm waiting on delivery of a g750jx-rb71 from Xoticpc;; I hope it's as good as they say. ZZ

Budco2000
11-01-2013, 11:42 PM
I got it from Amazon. It should be good. The Asus G75vw I had was great. No matter what game I played, I played with all settings maxed out, and it played smooth. No games on this one yet, still getting stuff installed

villiansv
11-02-2013, 12:04 AM
The only way to clean the fans, other than completely dismantling the laptop (and voiding warranty), is to use a long piece of wire (e.g. a straightened-out paperclip) - stick it through the grille at the back till it reaches the fan (to ensure it doesn't spin), and use a compressed air can to blow air through the back.

While likely not needed, it's good practice to do this with the laptop unplugged and the battery taken out.

Budco2000
11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Ok, thanks for the info, Not sure why they had to move the fans, The G750 isn't really a complete overhaul from the G75, same shape, the g75 cooled pretty good, but i guess they got their reasons.