PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JX / OSX Mavericks INSTALL GUIDE

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bozzified
11-03-2013, 01:25 AM
ASUS Statement: Please note this activity voids the Apple EULA you agree to on purchasing the software. ASUS does not endorse this activity in any way. However, beyond buying an ASUS laptop and software pre-installed, ASUS does not dictate what end-users do with their notebooks. Equally, ASUS does not make any specific component choices for OS', or provide warranty or support beyond those shipped with its notebooks. No ASUS rep will comment here. If legal objections are raised it is liable to be removed at any time and without notice.

Secondly: any piracy discussion whatsoever will result in a ban. End of.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS FOR 10.9.2:
I posted new instructions and all the stuff you need for 10.9.2 pretty much vanilla install here
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39406-ASUS-G750JX-OSX-Mavericks-INSTALL-GUIDE/page20

PREFACE:

This is not 100% final installation as I'm still working with audio and wireless radios and I'm trying to get the Chameleon bootloader to show up from the BIOS when I boot so I don't have to use USB stick to get boot loader.
THIS IS FIXED and working - SEE UPDATE

A great thing about installing on ASUS G750JX is that almost all things that were in previous installation guides here on TonyMac forums under Laptop Mountain lion support > G750JX are unnecessary. This is as close to vanilla installation as I could get.

Touchpad also works. You will however need to hook up ethernet cable to laptop so you have ethernet until I figure out how to get wireless radios working.

One thing to note is that you will need to have on one of the hard drives Windows 8 installed and on that installation of Windows 8 you will need to download some kind of NFS+ support for Windows 8 (I use bundle from Paragon with NFS+ and NTFS support so I can have NTFS support in OSX and NFS+ in Windows 8) but I think since that's a paid product you can use anything else that will just read NFS+ partitions in Windows 8.

ASUS G750JX I have flashed a bios 208

So without much writing here's what I did.

BIOS SETTINGS
go to ADVANCED and disable VT-d
go to BOOT and disable Fast Boot
Underneath Fast Boot, enable Launch CSM
You should now see a new option: Launch PXE OpROM policy. Enable this option. This allows your computer to boot via Legacy BIOS not UEFI.

INSTALLATION:

Standard Unibeast preparation:

1. On a mac download the Mavericks installation from App Store
2. Follow the steps for Unibeast and create a USB stick - Select Laptop support in addition to OSX 10.9 Mavericks App Store install
3. Once you have created and finished Unibeast USB stick preparation make sure you download the patched 10.9 kernel from step 13 and replace the mach_kernel on the USB stick with the one you download (you might have to show all files in OSX you are working on to see mach_kernel file on the root of USB drive), put the USB stick into your ASUS 750JX and boot from it
4. On bootloader screen, pick Unibeast Installer (no flags needed) and hit enter
5. It will take a bit, so be patient and OSX installer will show up
6. Go to Disk Utility > Do the standard Create Partition on a second drive > Make it GUID Partition > MacOS Extended Journaled and call it Mavericks
7. Exit Disk Utility and continue with installation

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3cjRoYTMW68/UnT7XWlGTkI/AAAAAAAAHPc/83fjONOFWA8/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_061704.jpg

8. Once the installation finishes you will get a message how OSX Mavericks can't set the startup disc. This is FINE! Don't worry.
9. Now, restart and boot back into Windows 8
10. Install in Windows 8 NFS+ support
11. Restart and boot again into Windows 8
12. Once you have booted into Windows 8 now you should see the Mavericks volume and all the files there
13. Download this patched kernel (UPDATE: this is now recommended patched kernel by RehabMan: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html ) as it allows Sleep and UseKernelCache to work properly (OLD one - do not use this unless you have problems with RehabMan's http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3631-kernel-os-x-mavericks-109-amd/ )
14. Open Mavericks volume in Explorer and overwrite mach_kernel with the one you downloaded
15. Restart and boot from the USB stick
16. Pick OSX Mavericks HDD volume and hit enter
17. OSX Mavericks will welcome you with the setup screen - follow through on standard process (iCloud might give you a funky message but that's not a big deal)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Dr6AORLn_VE/UnUHx8oFncI/AAAAAAAAHQI/ajoPtqIRCIM/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_071006.jpg

18. Welcome to OSX Mavericks on ASUS G750JX! :)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-r97WY_XAGi0/UnUJIMfCE-I/AAAAAAAAHQ0/KRGR1XBunM0/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_071552.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Mlb8UzIJlgo/UnULFDyHWCI/AAAAAAAAHRo/fnd4wu0ua7o/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_072412.jpg

UPDATE:

Once you install the Mavericks you want to run the latest Multibeast 6.0 (see TonyMac) before the restart.

What you will be installing is the following:

http://bozzified.com/screenshots/2013-11-04_124441.png

The idea here is to have Chameleon and everything else installed into S/L/E, modify the SMBIOS.plist and have local hdd Extra folder.

If you are going to use Clover as boot see install notes in the post later in this thread so you can take out USB stick booting completely and adjust some location of some kexts and how to use the config file I included in the files.

Thanks to PeanutButterSpice and slayer2333 from TonyMac forums for trying as well on this and giving me ideas on what to do to get this working without it I would have probably not been able to look at the right place to make this work.

UPDATE 01:

Got audio and wifi working fine now!

The trick was that ASUS G750JX is using Broadcom chip.. in order to to make it recognized in Mavericks you have to update the IDs in the IO80211Family kext.. You go in and go into Plugins and update the IDs inside AirPortBrcm4360.kext > info.plist to include the following:

<string>pci14e4,43b1</string>
<string>pci14e4,4331</string>
<string>pci14e4,4353</string>
<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

Adding these will enable your Wifi.

The audio is working with VoodooHDA 2.84.

The problem I'm having is with hardware acceleration on GTX770M.. the card it properly recognized and working just fine but when I play videos HTML5 or Flash it doesn't matter it crashes it.. I can watch videos just fine if I disable hardware acceleration in Flash but H.264 HTML5 videos will not work for some reason.

Suggestions are welcome!

CUDA installs fine though.

UPDATE 2:

And I finally solved the last issue with hardware acceleration. I changed the System Definition to Mac Pro 5.1 and now everything works great.

The only last thing that remains is to get BIOS to recognize the SSD with the OSX Mavericks installation so I can boot without the USB stick boot loader. But that's really a minor issue.

Amazing! This ASUS G750JX is now an OSX Mavericks BEAST!

UPDATE 3:

The loading without the USB stick has been resolved now. I am using Clover. I will write up the guide for this as I'm still fine tuning things.

UPDATE 4:

I have used RehabMan's patched kernel (here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html) and indeed things are working MUCH better. UseKernelCache is working and I have increased my boot times now to desktop in about 10 secs instead of 30+. One side effect is that I don't see USB 3.0 recognized after installing GenericXHCI kext. Looking into this.

UPDATE 5:

Bluetooth 4.0 is now working as well. You have to enable the ASUS G750JX broadcom bluetooth IDs in BroadcomBluetoothTransport kext. We are fortunate because the Bluetooth in this laptop is BCM4352 so it's compatible fully with OSX Mavericks.

To enable go:
0. Find the IOBluetoothFamily.kext in S/L/E and copy it to desktop
1. Show Package Contents on it
2. Go into Plugins and show package on BroadcomBluetoothTransport
3. Open info.plist file and locate this entry:

<key>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_P</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSB Transport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>33293</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>1452</integer>
</dict>

4. Right above this entry and after

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>

(So in between those put the following)

<key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_3404</key>
<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
<false/>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>13316</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5075</integer>
</dict>

5. This is it, SAVE and use Kext Wizard or similar to install and overwrite the existing IOBluetoothFamily.kext in S/L/E

6. Reboot and voila.. You have Bluetooth 4.0

NEW INSTRUCTIONS FOR 10.9.2:
I posted new instructions and all the stuff you need for 10.9.2 pretty much vanilla install here
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39406-ASUS-G750JX-OSX-Mavericks-INSTALL-GUIDE/page20

x70xchallengerx
11-03-2013, 04:01 AM
edit: continued updates from original post:

UPDATE 6:

So, the progress so far is following:

1. GPU works natively QE/CI (Superb performance)
2. Hardware acceleration issue resolved (I am now using SMBIOS iMac14,2). I have modified the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext to include iMac14,2 profile and used Mac Pro 5,1 GPU settings there in order to get the hardware acceleration working. Works great now (power management though might be iffy and probably blasting the GPU at full speed - I don't care about this and it works great but it might be an issue for you if you are planning on using this laptop unplugged as a "portable" laptop - this laptop is anything but portable )

3. Touchpad works (albeit no gestures) - I tried Elan Touchpad drivers for OSX and patching that and works great and all but the gestures and touchpad is not the amazing pinnacle of technology so it works wonky, gestures don't get recognized properly and the way these guys made these gestures they are just weird so I took it off. Also I had issues with left and right touchpad buttons not working. I'm using standard VoodooPS2Controller by Rehabman for Synaptics now and it works great. No gestures but I guess it works as it should. I mean I have mouse plugged in anyhow. For those rare instances where I need to have touchpad running this is more then great.

4. Wifi/Bluetooth/Ethernet all work (see previous updates)

5. SD Card works awesome.. Recognized just fine (but needs some adjustments)

6. Thunderbolt not recognized - still try to see if I can make this work (haven't even tried yet)

7. Battery/Charging information (not really working - I included the battery kext from someone - I think it's also Rehabman but it's not working properly as it requires some DSDT fixes to be unique - I'll look more into this - not a prirority now as I use my G750 plugged in nonstop wherever I go)

8. Power Sleep/Shutdown/Restart works - you lose backlight on keyboard and it's a bit wonky but it works. I think it also reacts to the lid being down and turns it off but I find it to be a bit wonky overall.. Well better working than not I guess no matter how.

9. USB 3.0 is fully recognized (it was never really a problem - I messed with settings in BIOS and I lost it.. make sure you put XHCI under USB to SmartAuto)

10. Haven't tried HDMI/displayport outputs so can't tell you if it's working or not but assuming the GTX 770M is fully recognized natively without patching anything I would say it probably works fine.

11. SSD TRIM recognized fine.

12. Sound works fine with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and PreferencePane but it will cut out after sleep (look for VoodooHDA deamon to get that resolved - I haven't installed deamon so can't confirm)

That's about it though.. I think we are like 99% fully operational with some trade-offs but if you live with those (I think they are not a huge deal considering what this laptop is and how you use it).

I am including in this update all my files in the first post as I have patched (kexts, smbios.plist, mach_kernel mentioned in the initial install just in case Rehabman's url goes down and Clover config file).

AWESOME!! Great guide! Can't wait to try it. Also can't wait for sound and wifi to be figured out ;P How is boot times to windows with this boot configuration? I can usually cold boot to win 8.1 login in about 4 seconds flat :cool:

gazzacbr
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
@Bozzified: great job, thanks for sharing. i will give this a try real soon.
for previous installs on my acer i installed to an external guid/hfs+ then cloned the drive back on to an internal ssd mbr partition.
fixed with multibeast and all was well.
i will try the same as i dont want to use a whole disk for os x.
EDIT: oh, i remembered that i have an Atheros AR9485 wifi chip and i dont think that is supported, only the AR9285.
if ethernet is working thats ok for me at home and in the office anyway.
@x70xchallengerx: come on. this guy has done some great stuff and shared it all here and you are asking about boot times...sheeesh
fyi, windows 8 is not a cold boot anyway. you will have to disable fast boot which is only the same as sleep. otherwise if you try to dual boot with os x (or anything else) you will get file corruption.

Bozzified
11-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Try the following for Atheros AR9485

I suggest you copy the IO80211Family.kext to your desktop from S/L/E

1. Show packages on S/L/E on IO80211Family.kext and look under plugins
2. Locate there AirPortAtheros40.kext and Show Package contents there
3. Locate the info.plist and locate Atheros Wireless LAN PCI entries:

<array>
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
<string>pci106b,0086</string>
<string>pci168c,1c</string>
<string>pci168c,23</string>
<string>pci168c,24</string>

and add the following under these

<string>pci168c,32</string>
<string>pci168c,0032</string>

These are the addresses for the Atheros AR9485

Save the changes and then use KextWizard to install this kext into S/L/E so it will properly overwrite the original one and then rebuild cache and repair permissions (KextWizard has that option under the first tab in it)

Once you have that done, reboot and see if the Atheros AR9485 works and you see notification that you have Wifi and then go to System Preferences under Network and you should see Wifi there and enable it.

You should also see under System Information and under Software/Wifi whether or not OSX Mavericks recognized AR9485

I don't have that wireless radio (I though I have so I did my research first) but I realized that I have broadcom one so I made changes to the samIO80211Family.kext but under a different kext in plugins, not Atheros but Broadcom one and added the addresses of my wireless radio and it worked like a charm.

Try it, not sure if it will work but it might as OSX Mavericks has support for Atheros wifi.

x70xchallengerx
11-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Haha wasn't trying to belittle this guys amazing work! I mean as far as I know, they haven't even got os x working on the G74/G75 series yet?? Idk haha. Either way, can't wait to get this going! Also what I meant by cold boot was just when the computer was completely off, like from battery removed after shut down etc, SSD's are the knees of the bees. :cool:

I just gotta get my hands on one of my friend's MBP's :P you can create the uniboost usb with a VM though can't you??

Thanks again brosstradamus! this thread needs stickied asap

@x70xchallengerx: come on. this guy has done some great stuff and shared it all here and you are asking about boot times...sheeesh
fyi, windows 8 is not a cold boot anyway. you will have to disable fast boot which is only the same as sleep. otherwise if you try to dual boot with os x (or anything else) you will get file corruption.

gazzacbr
11-04-2013, 01:15 PM
hi, mavericks installs ok but i cannot get it to restart from hd :(
i swapped the kernel with rehabmans and repaired permissions.
booting from usb i get to:
NVIDIAStartup: Official
ACPI_SMC_Platform.....
WARNING: IOPLAtform... this is an unknown CPU model - power management maybe incomplete....
NVDAG100Hal loaded and registered
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetooth...] -- completed

and then black screen :(
if i set graphichenabler=yes i get a grey screen

did i miss something?
is the bluetooth connected to the wifi, which i know is not going to work oob.

@x70xchallengerx: good idea about this thread being sticked, if it is not banned...

MikeV
11-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Wow! Great work, Bozzified! As much I dislike OS X these days (I'm a long time user), this is a great guide. I'm even tempted to give it a try :)

Dream
11-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Wow this is impressive, congrats!

Bozzified
11-04-2013, 07:29 PM
You have to boot into Windows 8 and replace the mach kernel on your MAvericks installation.. install HFS+ support in Windows on your other hard drive and boot into it, replace the mach_kernel on Mavericks partition and reboot again.

Then boot from the USB STICK as you still need Chameleon bootloader as your hard drive won't be visible in BIOS yet due to UEFI not being available on the Mavericks drive (you will need Clover for this) and when you boot from USB stick (Unibeast one) you boot into Mavericks on your hard drive from there. I hope that's what you are doing.

Keep in mind that I did a completely clean install. Meaning I installed WIndows 8 on the 1tb drive and I installed OSX on SSD. If you are mixing partitions it can be anything.

So after the installation happens and the installer reboots you can't get into Mavericks or you can boot into Mavericks after the installation procedure finished but after you reboot from OSX you can't get into it again?

One thing I need to update in the guide, once you install the Mavericks you want to run the latest Multibeast 6.0 (see TonyMac) before the restart.

Bozzified
11-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Now keep in mind that if you are not using Clover you will need to boot with USB Flash drive and then pick your OSX Mavericks install to go through Chameleon.

Brief CLOVER usage:

CLOVER INSTALLATION AND FILES

1. Download latest Clover http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
2. Download Clover Configurator (you will need this) http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configuratorconverter/
3. Run installer on Clover and pick the following:

- Install for UEFI Motherboards
- Themes (pick BOOTCAMP)
- Under Drivers64UEFI check CSMVideoDxe-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv as the only to things from there
- Install Clover Preference (for updates to Clover)

Now where to install (you need to pick the location).. Well I have done it both ways but i will give you my take.

Initially I went into Disk Utility and made additional partition on my Mavericks drive. I called this Clover partition and I formatted it as NFS Journaled. It's fine as this is just for accessing the actual EFI files so it can be whatever but suggested is MS-DOS (FAT) and NFS Journaled will work the same. Once you add that partition (make it the smallest it can be - right now I believe that's 1gb)

The reason I did this is because Clover will install EFI onto this partition at the boot record level and you won't really see anything. The reason I created this partition was that if something goes wrong I could just kill the partition without affecting my Mavericks installation. The disadvantage is you lose a 1gb of space.

Once I played around with Clover and saw how it works and it worked good, I eventually decided to install Clover directly onto my Mavericks partition. Same thing really but if you want to remove it - it will be harder (don't see why you would want to but that's up to you)

So , I will assume you chose to install Clover on your same partition as Mavericks installation. If that's the case:

Then INSTALL Clover with above mentioned settings to Mavericks partition and click through OKs.

Now, when you have done this, you need one more thing..

1. Run Clover Configurator and in the menu find option Mount EFI
2. When you do that you will basically mount EFI files and configs to be visible in OS so you can change them
3. You should see now EFI volume pop up in Finder
4. Open it, go to CLOVER and replace the config.plist file with the ones I included in the zip file.
5. Once you have done that, go ahead and copy all kexts I included for you in the file as well into the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 folder and copy them there. These are the kexts clover will use similar to how Chameleon does it with Extras.

Now you can reboot (under the condition you installed these kexts I included with Kext Wizard into your S/L/E as well) and you should see Clover boot screen that looks awesome!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U3Anbqs3vKQ/UngIRV6vB8I/AAAAAAAAHUs/7IVJ6fNo6pc/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131104_134904.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HIPKe7tiJuA/UngIU7VX0yI/AAAAAAAAHU4/6HKuOn_UMO8/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131104_134919.jpg

Now you can take out your USB stick with Unibeast and rock it from there.

Bozzified
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Wow, the forum has a limiti of characters so I can't post anymore in my initial post.. that's bizarre. Anyhow:

UPDATE 6:

So, the progress so far is following:

1. GPU works natively QE/CI (Superb performance)
2. Hardware acceleration issue resolved (I am now using SMBIOS iMac14,2). I have modified the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext to include iMac14,2 profile and used Mac Pro 5,1 GPU settings there in order to get the hardware acceleration working. Works great now (power management though might be iffy and probably blasting the GPU at full speed - I don't care about this and it works great but it might be an issue for you if you are planning on using this laptop unplugged as a "portable" laptop - this laptop is anything but portable :) )

3. Touchpad works (albeit no gestures) - I tried Elan Touchpad drivers for OSX and patching that and works great and all but the gestures and touchpad is not the amazing pinnacle of technology so it works wonky, gestures don't get recognized properly and the way these guys made these gestures they are just weird so I took it off. Also I had issues with left and right touchpad buttons not working. I'm using standard VoodooPS2Controller by Rehabman for Synaptics now and it works great. No gestures but I guess it works as it should. I mean I have mouse plugged in anyhow. For those rare instances where I need to have touchpad running this is more then great.

4. Wifi/Bluetooth/Ethernet all work (see previous updates)

5. SD Card works awesome.. Recognized just fine (but with some adjustments in AppleStorage kext)

6. Thunderbolt not recognized - still try to see if I can make this work (haven't even tried yet)

7. Battery/Charging information (not really working - I included the battery kext from someone - I think it's also Rehabman but it's not working properly as it requires some DSDT fixes to be unique - I'll look more into this - not a prirority now as I use my G750 plugged in nonstop wherever I go)

8. Power Sleep/Shutdown/Restart works - you lose backlight on keyboard and it's a bit wonky but it works. I think it also reacts to the lid being down and turns it off but I find it to be a bit wonky overall.. Well better working than not I guess no matter how. :)

9. USB 3.0 is fully recognized (it was never really a problem - I messed with settings in BIOS and I lost it.. make sure you put XHCI under USB to SmartAuto)

10. Haven't tried HDMI/displayport outputs so can't tell you if it's working or not but assuming the GTX 770M is fully recognized natively without patching anything I would say it probably works fine.

11. SSD TRIM recognized fine.

12. Sound works fine with VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and PreferencePane but it will cut out after sleep (look for VoodooHDA deamon to get that resolved - I haven't installed deamon so can't confirm)

That's about it though.. I think we are like 99% fully operational with some trade-offs but if you live with those (I think they are not a huge deal considering what this laptop is and how you use it).

I am including in this update all my files in the first post as I have patched (kexts, smbios.plist, mach_kernel mentioned in the initial install just in case Rehabman's url goes down and Clover config file).

Bozzified
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
- reserved

x70xchallengerx
11-04-2013, 09:19 PM
- reserved

I have the first reply in this thread so I will copy your updated post to it, you know to keep things clean :P

Bozzified
11-04-2013, 09:46 PM
hi, mavericks installs ok but i cannot get it to restart from hd :(
i swapped the kernel with rehabmans and repaired permissions.
booting from usb i get to:
NVIDIAStartup: Official
ACPI_SMC_Platform.....
WARNING: IOPLAtform... this is an unknown CPU model - power management maybe incomplete....
NVDAG100Hal loaded and registered
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetooth...] -- completed

and then black screen :(
if i set graphichenabler=yes i get a grey screen

did i miss something?
is the bluetooth connected to the wifi, which i know is not going to work oob.

@x70xchallengerx: good idea about this thread being sticked, if it is not banned...

Use the files from GT70.zip this guy includes at the end and put it into S/L/E of the installation USB and in Extras and try that.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/109175-msi-gt70-1763-barebone-maybe-applicable-gt70-2od-gt60-2od.html

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Just to tease Mac Book Pro owners.. GTX770M is outperforming Quadro K4000!!!! in OSX Mavericks

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7XH1f8pmfCM/UnX2x2-P5DI/AAAAAAAAHT4/UHqmujk_wGg/w310-h774-no/Screen+Shot+2013-11-03+at+12.09.06+AM.png

x70xchallengerx
11-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Awesome! I just got mine installed today, left windows 8.1 untouched on my SSD, backed up then wiped my 1tb secondary, partitioned to 200gb/800gb (mavericks / storage) Everything works great! only things I had trouble with was when I ran multibeast, it would get about 60% done, then it would complete like 4 steps REALLY fast and then the app would say "installation failed".. it fails somewhere in where it's applying chameleon settings so I imagine it wouldn't matter because I have Clover installed with your settings?

I am excited to try Final Cut Pro X on this, it would work on my Mountain Lion G51Jx, but not all that well, it was very slow.

Thanks again for the guide! I will be watching this thread for updates

cruzin_cruzing
11-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Everything's running beautifully so far. Only things are that I can't adjust brightness and I'm still trying to figure out how to enable iMessage and other Apple services.

Drask
11-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Keep in mind that I did a completely clean install. Meaning I installed WIndows 8 on the 1tb drive and I installed OSX on SSD. If you are mixing partitions it can be anything.

[/img]

What you are saying is that if I partition my 256gb SSD (128/128) for windows / Mavericks its possible it won't work? I really don't want to boot from HD any os.

gazzacbr
11-05-2013, 08:42 AM
hi, thanks from the help here i am mostly working but still no luck with graphics.. i am using your (Bozzified) smbios,Boot.plist and kexts.
i can only reboot into mavericks from usb when i remove NV...kexts from S/L/E. then i have full resolution but no acceleration.
did you modify any of the NV... kexts?
would having the 3D screen make any difference?
ethernet is working so will have a look at wifi some other time.

ps. new multibeast 6 was close to useless. it started and complained about non-standard kexts or something then said it failed.
but it did partly work though. there is no uninstall (of course) and i did eventually find the log file hidden in the console which had already been overwritten by the second run. as before, you get one run, if that fails you basically have to reinstall to sort out the mess.

pps. where does the ASUSVIP badge come from? does i mean i get some preferential treatment? :p

gazzacbr
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
hi,
in answer to somebodys question about making a usb installer, yes you can do it from a virtual os x.
i made mine from a VMWare Mountain Lion but VirtualBox is probably the same.
this avoids having to get out your real mac that you have (you do have one dont you?)

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 09:33 AM
What you are saying is that if I partition my 256gb SSD (128/128) for windows / Mavericks its possible it won't work? I really don't want to boot from HD any os.

Well it's a bit tricker.. it gets more complicated because Windows modifies the boot of the drive and if you want to run Clover it will get a bit messy.

If you want to have bootloader from USB stick and then pick your Mountain Lion it should work fine and you would be using Chameleon only. Just keep in mind that you have to be extra careful with the Clover because the instructions I put basically work with pure drives as it puts EFI info into boot sector.

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 09:39 AM
double post - forum software sucks

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 09:39 AM
hi, thanks from the help here i am mostly working but still no luck with graphics.. i am using your (Bozzified) smbios,Boot.plist and kexts.
i can only reboot into mavericks from usb when i remove NV...kexts from S/L/E. then i have full resolution but no acceleration.
did you modify any of the NV... kexts?
would having the 3D screen make any difference?
ethernet is working so will have a look at wifi some other time.

ps. new multibeast 6 was close to useless. it started and complained about non-standard kexts or something then said it failed.
but it did partly work though. there is no uninstall (of course) and i did eventually find the log file hidden in the console which had already been overwritten by the second run. as before, you get one run, if that fails you basically have to reinstall to sort out the mess.

pps. where does the ASUSVIP badge come from? does i mean i get some preferential treatment? :p

If Multibeast is giving you trouble, go to Disk Utility, run Repair permissions on the drive where your Mavericks is installed and try Multibeast again. If that doesn't work, install only Chameleon latest version from Multibeast and then use Kext Wizard to put all my files to S/L/E. Don't forget that you will need to make sure that your config plist in Extra folder after you install Chameleon has graphics enabler = no and igp set to ono as well as we have dedicated GPU.

Also SMBIOS needs to be put into Extra folder as well.

The reason why you don't have acceleration (meaning the videos lock up OSX and so on) is most likely because of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement. you need to use that one and use SMBIOS I gave you because that sets it iMac14,2 and it will use my patched values for GPU from AppleGraphicsManagement as I added iMac14,2 description there too.

Guys, just to let you know, any time you add kexts to Extra or S/L/E you need to run Kext Wizard, repair permissions on S/L/E and Extra and Rebuild caches. If you don't do that the bootloaders will useKernelCache to boot faster but they will use the cache from before and your new files won't be used until the cache rebuild.

You can avoid this by specifying UseKernelCache=No in Chameleon bootloader when you boot but that's not ideal. Just use Kext Wizard.

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Just a quick update to clarify because the initial post is not necessarily clear.

The files I attached are already prepatched for you .. so some steps in you hacking the files are really not necessary.

I have made the SMBIOS for you with iMac14,2 System Definition (that goes into Extra folder)

I have included AppleGraphicsPowerManagement to work with this system definition to get full hardware acceleration (this is a power management issue)

I have included the Wifi/Bluetooth kexts that I patched for ASUS G750JX with appropriate interrupts and Vendor/Product IDs for our hardware.

So basically you shouldn't really worry too much.

Clover config also includes the configuration appropriate for our laptop I put and I put the relevant SMBIOS info there too to include iMac14,2 system definition.

All you have to do is replace the default config when you see EFI volume and put the kexts (kexts only) I included in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9

Hope that clarifies it a bit. I was just putting updates as to what I was doing to make things work. Included files already have those things included so just use that. it should work without you messing around too much.

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Just FYI guys.. I finally decided to take out the optical drive and replace it with an HDD caddy so I can put additional storage drive in there.

It was very simple and now I have a 3rd storage option :)

I used this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997049&nm_mc=BAC-GDR&cm_mmc=BAC-GDR-_-dyn-_-SSD+%2f+HDD+Accessories-_-N82E16817997049&gclid=CNyikfOyzboCFeuDQgodN1sACQ

gazzacbr
11-05-2013, 10:46 AM
ha, i just saw saw that that double double post post !!
thanks, i will backtrack a bit and do some proper checking of the files i am using. its really nice to see the full resolution but the graphics is like running through treacle...

good news is, i have carbon copy cloned mavericks from the temporary disk back on to my main mbr HD0 (500GB SSD), applied chimera, and mavericks is happily booting with all the other windows (with BootIT). no efi for me thanks, too much like hard work.

note about MacDrive: i have MacDrive on my win 8 install to change Mavericks files and was running virtual mountain lion and modifying on there but MacDrive seems to lock the disks and changes i was making were 'forgotten' when the vm stopped.
i have been editing the files in win 8 then rebooting to my win 7 which does not have MacDrive to run the vm and i can rebuild cache and repair perms from there.

gazzacbr
11-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Just FYI guys.. I finally decided to take out the optical drive and replace it with an HDD caddy so I can put additional storage drive in there.

It was very simple and now I have a 3rd storage option :)

I used this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997049&nm_mc=BAC-GDR&cm_mmc=BAC-GDR-_-dyn-_-SSD+%2f+HDD+Accessories-_-N82E16817997049&gclid=CNyikfOyzboCFeuDQgodN1sACQ

wow, $12.99 is mucho cheapo :) i had one of these in my acer. its a really good option. i could put the asus 1tb spinner in there and still have my 2 500gb ssds. is the existing drive easy to remove? the acer was literally only 1 small screw underneath.
(sorry folks for off topic)

villiansv
11-05-2013, 09:06 PM
I've managed to install Mavericks as well, thanks a lot for the guide! My issues (G750JX):

1. After installing, replacing the kernel via Windows, and attempting to reboot with the USB drive, I wasn't given the option to boot from the hard drive. This wouldn't go away until I swapped my 2 drives in their respective bays. Now the HDD with OS X is in the middle, not corner, bay.

2. I have the Atheros wifi card - it doesn't work, sadly.

3. My CPU is running hot. According to HWMonitor.app it's around 68-72 degrees (Celsius). This is gaming load temperature under Windows, and the fans can be heard. It doesn't scale down.

4. Sound, while it works, is a bit distorted (voodoohda latest version).

Other minor annoyances like touchpad/keyboard layout (can probably be fixed)/brightness stuck @max.

My first attempt at getting OS X running on a Windows PC - quite successful, I guess. Though the hot cpu is a dealbreaker (I will probably replace the wifi card in the future anyways).

Bozzified
11-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I've managed to install Mavericks as well, thanks a lot for the guide! My issues (G750JX):

1. After installing, replacing the kernel via Windows, and attempting to reboot with the USB drive, I wasn't given the option to boot from the hard drive. This wouldn't go away until I swapped my 2 drives in their respective bays. Now the HDD with OS X is in the middle, not corner, bay.

2. I have the Atheros wifi card - it doesn't work, sadly.

3. My CPU is running hot. According to HWMonitor.app it's around 68-72 degrees (Celsius). This is gaming load temperature under Windows, and the fans can be heard. It doesn't scale down.

4. Sound, while it works, is a bit distorted (voodoohda latest version).

Other minor annoyances like touchpad/keyboard layout (can probably be fixed)/brightness stuck @max.

My first attempt at getting OS X running on a Windows PC - quite successful, I guess. Though the hot cpu is a dealbreaker (I will probably replace the wifi card in the future anyways).

I'll be looking into finding a solution for ACPI and power management along with the ATK ACPI brightness thing.. I am working on this most of the time I can do..

The challenge is this.. I actually generated the SMBIOS for the latest Mac Book Pro 11,3 (that's the new MacBook Pro hoping that OSX will automatically apply the power management to our laptop being recognized as Haswell laptop, unfortunately it seems that new Mac Book Pros with Haswell are not actually even using AppleCPUPowerManagement and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement and are directly communicating with their BIOS and this is where our locked BIOS has issues.. OSX can't access it.

Now, I know Rehabman and others will try to patch the kernel to enable OSX working with these BIOSes but when that's the question..

Another thing I'm looking into is solving brightness keyboard and FN commands and I might actually achieve something there soon as other have, but i have to extract the DSDT in AIDA64 and then try a few patches others have suggested.

I will keep everyone posted.

cruzin_cruzing
11-06-2013, 01:31 AM
All temps GPU/CPU at a constant 46 - 47 Celsius. Have yet to break 50 C. I'm using the same Graphics Kext in the zip so it can't be flooring the GPU if it's running at these temps.

gazzacbr
11-06-2013, 08:24 AM
hi again,
still trying to solve graphics accel, if i add either NVDAResman*.kext it will not boot as before (other NV kexts are there).
this is still the same as initial install.
have checked all new replaced kexts and and smbios and seems ok.
what i have just noticed is that the version of mavericks i have is build 13A593 and the final one is 13A603 :(
NVDAResman.kext and NVDAG*.kext is version 8.18.22, can somebody check a GM version?
looks like a reinstall is on the cards...
EDIT: store version is downloading now...

Bozzified
11-06-2013, 12:13 PM
hi again,
still trying to solve graphics accel, if i add either NVDAResman*.kext it will not boot as before (other NV kexts are there).
this is still the same as initial install.
have checked all new replaced kexts and and smbios and seems ok.
what i have just noticed is that the version of mavericks i have is build 13A593 and the final one is 13A603 :(
NVDAResman.kext and NVDAG*.kext is version 8.18.22, can somebody check a GM version?
looks like a reinstall is on the cards...

I don't know man.. I'm using official App Store Mavericks.. it is possible that some things are not working in GM versions or pre-release ones..

I had no problems with GPU at all... it was natively recognized from the start. The only problem was hardware acceleration when playing videos and that was because of power management and when I switched to iMac14,2 it worked.

gazzacbr
11-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi,
final store version 13A603 didnt really make any difference. when i run the usb installer i needed -x to get the setup screens.
after that i can only run mavericks from the usb with -x or by removing NV kexts.
this is the same from a guid mac disk (internal or external) or the cloned version on my internal mbr disk.
did you actually get chameleon to work booting from HD?
@Bozzified: you say you dont have a 3D screen. has anyone done this with a 3D screen?
could this be related?
after booting with -x, in mac display settings i have a choice of refresh rate. i can select 'Best for display' 60Hertz OR if i change to 120 Hertz (default for 3D) it sets to scaled and 1080p.

kTrn42
11-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Hey and BIG thanks to you for this !

I have some trouble with your guide on my G75JX (2x500go/16gb/770m):
(i choose to use Clover and custom kernel from Rehabman too)

1 bluetooth works with nothing to do but still NO Wifi , i really dont know what to do at this point :/ Your I..802 Kext dont make the difference.
> Any suggestion ? it is possible that my Wifi card have a specific PCI id/address ? How can i see that ?

2 like another user tell it before, my temp cap is still at 70.
> i suppose that you are already working on this issue

Thanks you a lot again ! F5-F5-F5 expected to see your next huge tricks

Bozzified
11-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Hey and BIG thanks to you for this !

I have some trouble with your guide on my G75JX (2x500go/16gb/770m):
(i choose to use Clover and custom kernel from Rehabman too)

1 bluetooth works with nothing to do but still NO Wifi , i really dont know what to do at this point :/ Your I..802 Kext dont make the difference.
> Any suggestion ? it is possible that my Wifi card have a specific PCI id/address ? How can i see that ?

2 like another user tell it before, my temp cap is still at 70.
> i suppose that you are already working on this issue

Thanks you a lot again ! F5-F5-F5 expected to see your next huge tricks

What's your exact model.. they might have changed the Wifi card and using Atheros instead of Broadcom, if they are .. you are most likely using the 94xx series.. look in this thread I explained what you can do to maybe make it work.. someone asked me about Atheros 9435G I think and I explained.. just look through posts.

kTrn42
11-07-2013, 07:00 PM
What's your exact model..

Mode name : ASUS G750JX-T4145H
Wifi : Atheros AR9485WB-EG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55693334/wifi.pnh.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55693334/wifi.ref.png

you are right.. :)

villiansv
11-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I have the same Atheros card - it doesn't work, even if you edit the .plist kext as OP suggested to add the 168c 32 bits.

kTrn42
11-07-2013, 08:23 PM
I have the same Atheros card - it doesn't work, even if you edit the .plist kext as OP suggested to add the 168c 32 bits.

mouarffff :( , what do you suggest to do ? i'm still looking over the web ..

fschoenfeldt
11-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Hey guys.

I'm running the ASUS G750JW

I know this isn't the exact same version like yours but there are barely any differences between our models.

Of course, I followed your guide 1:1 (except that I used a VM for creating the installation stick) (yep I replaced the mach_kernel)

I'm running into the issue that when I'm booting from the USB media, and selecting it from the loader and hitting enter, it just flashes really short the apple logo (maybe a quarter of a second). After that, it automatically reboots itself. Very weird.

The user in this thread has got the same issue:
http://www.osx86.net/topic/19192-asus-g750jx-unibeast-installer-crash/

Any suggestion?

kTrn42
11-07-2013, 09:20 PM
have you try :
-x -v

gazzacbr
11-08-2013, 07:03 AM
yes, Atheros 9485 is a no go for now. on my Ubuntu install it was recognised oob so holding out some hope that someone a lot more clever that me will come up with a driver for os x.
a usb stick wifi is an easy option, otherwise you would have to swap the card inside for an apple compatible one. i did this on my previous Acer hack. a 'Dell' one was about $10 off ebay.
@fschoenfeldt: mine will only install (and boot from hd) with the -x option. maybe obvious but, is the installer mbr drive and did you check the bios settings from Bozified first post?

fschoenfeldt
11-08-2013, 11:55 AM
FIXED (now having another problem), SEE POST BELOW!

Well, I thought it'd maybe a problem because I created the stick with a virtual machine but today, I got the chance to use a macbook for creating a stick directly from OS X and it still doesn't work.

@kTrn42 yep I tried -v, -x, -v -x, -x -v.. Also some other options, such as PCIRootUID=0 (?) npci=0x2000, Graphicsenaber and so on..
@gazzacbr yep, BIOS setting are exactly like in the first post, and I got the latest BIOS available from ASUS' website. USB Stick is also on GPT (see Screenshot)

Once, I added the bootflag "-v -x Wait=Yes" to see the actual problem, it does load all the kexts, for about a minute and then it hangs on "starting darwin 86/64" (?) so there should be the problem.

I also tried to delete "NVDAresman.kext", still same problem.

I have also tried myHack. Same problem.

Any suggestions?

PS: With "(?)", I just mean that I can't remember exactly.

fschoenfeldt
11-08-2013, 01:57 PM
FIXED ASWELL (now having some post-installation problems), SEE POST BELOW!

Hey guys, I managed to fix the error above.

In my virtual machine, I made a big fault. I copied the mach_kernel from the USB to the hard drive, not vice versa. (using Terminal cp command) *silly*
(I also copied the mach_kernel in /Extra, but I dont think this has something to do with the problem)

Now I got another problem.

When starting from the stick the Apple Logo shows up and the cicle below it loads.. and loads.. and loads.. and after a minute or two, a 'stop sign' appears inside of the Apple Logo.

-v (-x) loads everything fine until "still waiting for root device" appears.

npci=0x2000 and/or cpus=1 (with -v (and/or -x) results to the same issue

BIOS settings are still the same as in the guide.

FYI: My hard-drive setup:

Primary HDD (Preinstalled from ASUS): Win8, FREE SPACE, HFS+, Recovery
Secondary HDD (Was free, until I installed the HDD of my old laptop in it): old Win7

kTrn42
11-08-2013, 07:41 PM
-v (-x) loads everything fine until "still waiting for root device" appears

you have to plug an USB keyboard :-)

fschoenfeldt
11-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Hey guys, sorry for spamming the thread but I think it good for other users who have the same issues like me.

I finally could install mac on my G750JW, I just had to set XHCI Pre Boot to disabled !!

After that, everything is working like a charm, I'm actually writing this answer from my new 'Hackintosh'.

I still got some questions.

- Is there any way to get (at least) the two-finger gestures like scrolling working?
- Additionally, I couldn't manage to get sound working (used VoodooHDA.kext from the attached "Package", didn' work. I also tried the 'Installer' of VoodoHDA, doesnt work aswell. So no sound? :( )
- Is there a way to disable the touchpad, because typing while using the mouse is very annoying (maybe a way to activate ALL fn-Keys?)
- Lastly, when I close the lid of my laptop, nothing happens, so it doesnt go to sleep. (hitting "fn+f1" freezes up the system

For me, the most important feature is the sound, which doesnt work :/
And maybe the (at least) two-finger gesture for basic scrolling feature. Because scrollbars in OS X are horrible.

All the other stuff, WiFi, Graphics Card, Bluetooth work perfectly! No overheating, just perfect!

villiansv
11-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, sorry for spamming the thread but I think it good for other users who have the same issues like me.

I finally could install mac on my G750JW, I just had to set XHCI Pre Boot to disabled !!

After that, everything is working like a charm, I'm actually writing this answer from my new 'Hackintosh'.

I still got some questions.

- Is there any way to get (at least) the two-finger gestures like scrolling working?
- Additionally, I couldn't manage to get sound working (used VoodooHDA.kext from the attached "Package", didn' work. I also tried the 'Installer' of VoodoHDA, doesnt work aswell. So no sound? :( )
- Is there a way to disable the touchpad, because typing while using the mouse is very annoying (maybe a way to activate ALL fn-Keys?)
- Lastly, when I close the lid of my laptop, nothing happens, so it doesnt go to sleep. (hitting "fn+f1" freezes up the system

For me, the most important feature is the sound, which doesnt work :/
And maybe the (at least) two-finger gesture for basic scrolling feature. Because scrollbars in OS X are horrible.

All the other stuff, WiFi, Graphics Card, Bluetooth work perfectly! No overheating, just perfect!

At least for me, sound also didn't work right after installing voodoohda. I actually had to go to the system preferences - sound and change the audio output device (i think it defaults to the digital hdmi out of the nvidia card, as you originally had no other sound device recognised). Sound is still not great though - distortion is clearly audible in loud/bassy music.

fschoenfeldt
11-09-2013, 12:48 AM
At least for me, sound also didn't work right after installing voodoohda. I actually had to go to the system preferences - sound and change the audio output device (i think it defaults to the digital hdmi out of the nvidia card, as you originally had no other sound device recognised). Sound is still not great though - distortion is clearly audible in loud/bassy music.

Yep, just tried it and it worked, thanks so far :)

How about (Two-finger-)multitouch? Has anyone (not only with an ASUS) ever done this in Hackintosh?

And how to disable the touchpad? Because typing while mousepad is on is annoying, especially when you have an external mouse attached.

Currently looking into a guide how to fix the audio distortion thingo.

Cheers x

Bozzified
11-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Yep, just tried it and it worked, thanks so far :)

How about (Two-finger-)multitouch? Has anyone (not only with an ASUS) ever done this in Hackintosh?

And how to disable the touchpad? Because typing while mousepad is on is annoying, especially when you have an external mouse attached.

Currently looking into a guide how to fix the audio distortion thingo.

Cheers x

Look for Elan Touchpad OSX kext in Google.. you will find a thread that has kext to use and tutorial. Be aware, while the gestures will work and so on I had trouble getting used to the gestures they support with touchpad and my left/right buttons didn't work so I reverted back to simple VoodooPS2Controller by Rehabman.

I use mouse 99% of the time so it wasn't a big deal for me but you can look there.

fschoenfeldt
11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Look for Elan Touchpad OSX kext in Google.. you will find a thread that has kext to use and tutorial. Be aware, while the gestures will work and so on I had trouble getting used to the gestures they support with touchpad and my left/right buttons didn't work so I reverted back to simple VoodooPS2Controller by Rehabman.

I use mouse 99% of the time so it wasn't a big deal for me but you can look there.

Okay, thanks man :)

If you get any driver working for the multitouch, let me/us know.

I'm having another issue: When I plug in a USB 3.0 Device, for example a USB Drive, the system freezes up.
I tried XHCI "Disabled", "Enabled" and "Smart Auto".

Enabled => No USB at all, not even my mouse
Smart Auto => Same as above
Disabled => USB 2.0 devices working fine

Well the issue with the disorted sound isnt thaaaaat important to me.

@Bozzified: Have you found a way to disable the touchpad IN Mac OS? I think our "Disable Touchpad" fn-key is software dependend, sadly. Typing with it enabled is very annoying.

So far, this is my list of what doesnt work:

- Battery Percent (It doesnt show the percents, but the time remaining, creepy..)
- USB 3.0 (It's more a thing about luck if the system crashes when you plug in a USB 3.0 device)
- Proper Sound (Sound is very distorted)
- Most of the function-keys (Volume up/down/mute works, all others not)
- Touchpad multi-touch (I'll make a backup and have a look at Bozzifield's suggestion)

To Sound: I already tried to edit the info.plist in VoodooHDA.kext to insert our vendor/device ID, didnt make the sound better, sadly.

Thanks for Bozzifield's good work, to make a almost-perfect hackintosh out of our G750!
If you can fix or find any kexts for the above problem, please let us know :)

cheers x

kTrn42
11-09-2013, 02:29 PM
yes, Atheros 9485 is a no go for now. on my Ubuntu install it was recognised oob so holding out some hope that someone a lot more clever that me will come up with a driver for os x.
a usb stick wifi is an easy option, otherwise you would have to swap the card inside for an apple compatible one. i did this on my previous Acer hack. a 'Dell' one was about $10 off ebay.
@fschoenfeldt: mine will only install (and boot from hd) with the -x option. maybe obvious but, is the installer mbr drive and did you check the bios settings from Bozified first post?

- i try to setup USB wifi network adapter (Cisco Linksys WUSB54GC).. huge project , last driver are for the RT25 from RALINK (another WNA) for osx 10.7 .. for now, device is detetected but it does'nt work :-/ and give me some freeze/kernel panic.. for no reason this WNA is showed as Ethernet bridge .. argg
- i found a new tips with power , unplug power, temp drop down from 75 to 45 , i think we have to tweak some things like 'manage ON/OFF GPU accel' on demand.
- iCloud still dont want to work, may be we have to re-try to use another bootloader?

ATM, without wifi and better power&battery management , i can't kick off my win8 setup :/
have a nice day :)

Bozzified
11-10-2013, 08:39 AM
UPDATE 7:

Okay.. so with ASUS G750JX and Rehabman's kernel the GPU is running at cool 40 degrees most of the time. But I had issues with the CPU running at x32 at full 3.2Ghz non-stop.. NOT GOOD..

So I used AppleCPUPowerManagement kext from Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and it's working like a charm now.. Powermanagement is working awesome and idling the CPU and turbo-ing when needed.. The CPU is now cool as ice at 30-40 degrees when idle and goes full turbo 3.2ghz when working.

Here's the patched AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext from my ASUS G750JX

http://www.bozzified.com/downloads/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

villiansv
11-10-2013, 09:49 AM
UPDATE 7:

Okay.. so with ASUS G750JX and Rehabman's kernel the GPU is running at cool 40 degrees most of the time. But I had issues with the CPU running at x32 at full 3.2Ghz non-stop.. NOT GOOD..

So I used AppleCPUPowerManagement kext from Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and it's working like a charm now.. Powermanagement is working awesome and idling the CPU and turbo-ing when needed.. The CPU is now cool as ice at 30-40 degrees when idle and goes full turbo 3.2ghz when working.

Here's the patched AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext from my ASUS G750JX

http://www.bozzified.com/downloads/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Confirming it works - CPU throttles properly now. Well done!

villiansv
11-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Found the fix for distorted audio :). Stumbled upon a post saying that voodoohda versions past 2.8.0 have bugs, and advising to use

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/516-easy-voodoohda-2-8-0-installer/

So I tried it, and can confirm distortion is gone. It seems the installer also rebuilds permissions and cache, so probably not needed to manually do it via kext wizard, but I did so anyways (Actually I only rebuild cache, as according to the installer log it definitely rebuilt disk permissions).

kTrn42
11-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Confirming it works - CPU throttles properly now. Well done!
+1 temp drop down !

gazzacbr
11-10-2013, 02:16 PM
well, after many hours of changing, hacking and reinstalling i still do not have hardware acceleration.
if i remove NV*.kext i can boot.
if i remove GE*.kext i can boot.
if i remove NVDresman.kext i can boot.
if they are all present i cannot boot.

does anyone have chameleon booting with graphics acceleration?
i am multibooting an mbr disk with BootIT and cannot get clover installed and working without affecting the mbr.

fschoenfeldt
11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Found the fix for distorted audio :). Stumbled upon a post saying that voodoohda versions past 2.8.0 have bugs, and advising to use

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/516-easy-voodoohda-2-8-0-installer/

So I tried it, and can confirm distortion is gone. It seems the installer also rebuilds permissions and cache, so probably not needed to manually do it via kext wizard, but I did so anyways (Actually I only rebuild cache, as according to the installer log it definitely rebuilt disk permissions).

+1 No distorted Audio anymore, thanks! :)

Bozzifled, may you update your kext-zip in your first comment with the newest stuff?

cheers x

fschoenfeldt
11-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Hey guys, additionally, to the known problems, I cant get Clover to boot OS X.

I installed it on my HDD, it starts fine, just the normal Clover screen with all partitions.

But when I choose mac and hit Enter, the Apple Logo appears and the little cycle is loading infinite..

I followed the steps given in the guide, copying the kexts to Clover and replacing the clover file..

Any suggestions? Otherwise I have to boot my OS X everytime via USB.. :(

snipestech
11-11-2013, 05:01 AM
Thanks first of all
Question anybody dualbooting from the same drive ?
Is it possible ?
I have a Samsung Mz Pro 256Gb would be nice if I could dual boot.

AAndrei
11-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Got it working, most things are just fine, audio works but:

It seems there are two audio output lines (analogic), one of them is for front speakers (under the screen's asus logo, between hinges) while the other one is for the "bass" speaker under the touchpad.
Is there an option to "mux" those two outputs?

Also, what about thunderbolt?
Tried with my Sonnet Echo Express SE connected and nothing, tried with my eGPU + Sonnet Echo Express SE and still nothing, did hot plug and also rebooted with everything connected but is not working, thunderbolt is just not visible.

kTrn42
11-11-2013, 12:48 PM
i bought http://www.trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=195_TEW-648UBM, to resolve the Wifi issue.

i'am still looking to fix iCloud/iMessage/.. my last issue so far

fschoenfeldt
11-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks first of all
Question anybody dualbooting from the same drive ?
Is it possible ?
I have a Samsung Mz Pro 256Gb would be nice if I could dual boot.

Hey man, I have Windows 8.1 installed on my 1TB HDD, 600GB partition and Mac OS X installed on another partition.

The problem is, I just cant get Clover working, I have to boot it from the USB Stick.. sadly.

cruzin_cruzing
11-11-2013, 09:03 PM
I also take it that no one has fixed Adjustable Brightness? The issues I currently have are not working iCloud/FaceTime/iMessage, Adjustable Brightness, and no bootloader from HDD. I've installed Clover but I can't find a way to edit the BCD file on my second hard drive to overwrite Windows Boot Manager as the default boot option.

Bozzified
11-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Hey man, I have Windows 8.1 installed on my 1TB HDD, 600GB partition and Mac OS X installed on another partition.

The problem is, I just cant get Clover working, I have to boot it from the USB Stick.. sadly.

The problem your installation works with Chameleon and not with Clover is probably because Chameleon is using EXTRA folder when booting up and with Clover it's not. Also are you using my Clover config.plist from the zip file?

Did you:

1. Install all of the kexts I attached into S/L/E of your hard disk Mavericks as well as putting it into Clover>EFI>Kexts>10.9 folder?
2. You have to install all the kexts in S/L/E and use Kext Wizard to fix permissions and rebuild cache. Otherwise your Mavericks HDD installation might be using old cache and even though you copied the files to S/L/E they are not registered. One way is to try to use UseKernelCache=No to boot but I just say install all the kexts in S/L/E on HDD MAvericks.

gazzacbr
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Hi, sorry for spamming this thread yet again.
i have just tried a basic install using the very clear instructions in the first post on the original 250SSD.
the installer is Unibeast using 10.9 fresh from the apple store.
when i get to step 16. thats where it goes wrong. exactly the same as all the other installation combinations i have tried.

...The problem is, I just cant get Clover working, I have to boot it from the USB Stick.. sadly.

but can you boot to the hd without -x?

the installer will not get to the startup screen. only a black screen. for 10mins. :mad:
i can only powerdown.
when i restart from usb installer i can only get to the setup screens with -x.
exactly the same as the several 'working' installs i have already :mad:
the only differences between my G750JX seem to be the wifi/bluetooth and the 3D screen. i updated the bios to 208.
or could there be something else????? basic specs are in my sig.
i have actually never been able to boot any hd from usb installer or direct without either -x or removing the NV or GE kexts.

after installing Clover the result is exactly the same!!!!! Clover works but will only boot Mavericks by removing the NV or GE kexts.

i am out of ideas :(

p.s. to avoid the nastyness of using windows 8 :p to replace the mach_kernel you can just boot from the installer usb and use the terminal, e.g.
find the name of your Mavericks disk/partition
# mount
# cd /Volumes/"name of your Mavericks partition"
# mv mach_kernel mach_kernel_ORIG
# cp /mach_kernel . (there is a dot here)

fschoenfeldt
11-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi, sorry for spamming this thread yet again.
i have just tried a basic install using the very clear instructions in the first post on the original 250SSD.
the installer is Unibeast using 10.9 fresh from the apple store.
when i get to step 16. thats where it goes wrong. exactly the same as all the other installation combinations i have tried.

Try to change the BIOS Setting of XHCI-Pre Boot to => Disabled, it worked for me.

Try to use a USB 2.0 Stick. I personally could NOT start the installation/boot with a 3.0 USB Stick.

Try to use all your USB Ports.

I know this is obvious, but when moving the mach_kernel via Terminal, be sure to copy from source to destination, not vice versa.

When all this doesnt work, please insert your USB Stick, move the cursor to the Installation media and type in "-v Wait=Yes" (without the quotation marks), then hit Enter.

"-v" (verbose) will print all information on your screen
"Wait=Yes" will stop the process once Darwin is reached.

That's all I know, Cheers x

fschoenfeldt
11-12-2013, 01:48 PM
The problem your installation works with Chameleon and not with Clover is probably because Chameleon is using EXTRA folder when booting up and with Clover it's not. Also are you using my Clover config.plist from the zip file?

Did you:

1. Install all of the kexts I attached into S/L/E of your hard disk Mavericks as well as putting it into Clover>EFI>Kexts>10.9 folder?
2. You have to install all the kexts in S/L/E and use Kext Wizard to fix permissions and rebuild cache. Otherwise your Mavericks HDD installation might be using old cache and even though you copied the files to S/L/E they are not registered. One way is to try to use UseKernelCache=No to boot but I just say install all the kexts in S/L/E on HDD MAvericks.

Yeah, I did it 1:1 as in your guide described.

I'm using Kext Wizard for installing kext's to SLE, I'm fixing permissons and re-creating cache everytime, just in case of, even though it takes damn long.. :D

I'm using the EFI Partition of Windows but this shouldn't be a big deal.
I'll now try to create a 1GB FAT32 Partition, install Clover on it, and then set the flag to "boot", to have a "clear" one.
Will edit this post once I'm finished, let's see..

EDIT 1: Well.. I created a 1GB FAT32 Partition in PartedMagic, called it "BOOT" set its Flag as 'boot' and removed the 'boot' flag from the Windows EFI Partition "SYSTEM", but it's not recognized by Mac, so I can't use it for clover. Sucks. Installation of Clover on the Mac partition fails, error:

Clover EFI installer log - Tue Nov 12 16:29:10 CET 2013
Installer version: v2k r2298 EFI bootloader
================================================== ====
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: Microsoft Basic Data SYSTEM 314.6 MB disk0s1
2: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 943.7 MB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Reserved 134.2 MB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data OS 698.7 GB disk0s4
5: Apple_HFS MACINTOSH HD 209.7 GB disk0s5
6: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 21.5 GB disk0s6
7: EFI BOOT 1.0 GB disk0s7
/dev/disk1
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: Windows_NTFS 500.1 GB disk1s1
mount_msdos: /dev/disk0s1: Resource busy

ERROR: can't mount ESP partition (disk0s1) !
Check that the partition is well formated in HFS or Fat32.

To format as HFS use command like:
sudo newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/rdisk0s1

For format as Fat32 use command like:
sudo newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk0s1

The log clearly shows, there is a partition called "BOOT" (flags: boot).. So I can't understand the problem..

I can't create any partition in Mac, it loads and loads after clicking "apply"..

EDIT 2: Well, I removed the present Mac Installation, wanted to do a clean install, removed the partition and added a new HFS+ one. Tried to install it on that, installer was like "nope, you cant".

Now I flagged my Windows-"SYSTEM"-Partition as "boot" again and now I'm fully on windows again. However, there's still a "CLOVER" folder on my "SYSTEM"-Partition but I'll ignore it.. For now.

I'm out, but will have a look in this thread from time to time. cheers x

cristian.g
11-12-2013, 06:35 PM
hello :) . want to install it but i have couple of questions:

- do i need to update to last bios version?
- can it be installed on same partition with windows (like ubuntu) or do i need a separate partition? how big and which format?

cruzin_cruzing
11-12-2013, 09:31 PM
hello :) . want to install it but i have couple of questions:

- do i need to update to last bios version?
- can it be installed on same partition with windows (like ubuntu) or do i need a separate partition? how big and which format?

1. Yes, update your BIOS.
2. Mac has to be installed on a different partition. It needs to be Mac OS X Extended-Journaled or HFS+ format.

cruzin_cruzing
11-12-2013, 10:33 PM

Install Clover on the Mac Partition. Mount the EFI Partition using Clover configurator, go into the EFI\Microsoft\Boot Folder and rename the bootmgfw.efi to anything but that and it should force Clover to boot.

Dream
11-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Sorry if someone already asked, this thread is massive... can this be setup on my JX if I only have Win 7 HP installed?

Thanks!

Bozzified
11-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Guys.. I know it hurts but my advice for you guys if you have the G750JX-DB71 it should be identical to mine.. however if it has a slightly different product ID like G750JX + something else it is more than likely that there are some differences (like Atheros card for example).

I really can't guarantee that this guide will work flawlessly with those other models. I have spent a lot of time trying to get my own version of the G750JX working by disecting all the interupts, product Ids and vendor ids for all hardware to get as many of it working under OSX.

Your success there will vary..

But let me explain what you should do .. IDEALLY you want to avoid installing Clover on anything but the Mac drive partition. The reason behind this is that if you mix Clover with Windows it will make a mess because Windows marks it's own partitions SYSTEM and then it puts it's own EFI stuff etc etc.. so Clover even has warnings and alternate guides if you want to mix this stuff.. I really can't help you too much with this because I wanted to keep it super simple and my method should work great.

So let me go over the ideal scenario like I have.. I will include everything.

1. I wiped completely both drives.. both SSD and the 1Tb..

2. I have created a Windows 8.1 Pro USB stick installer

3. I have booted into Windows 8.1 setup and took the 1tb drive to be my Windows 8.1 drive until I get a nice bigger SSD to replace that 5400rpm slug but for now, since I spend a lot of time in OSX I decided to put OSX on the SSD as I don't install any games on it.

4. Once I went into installer for Win 8.1 > Custom Installation I basically completely formatted the 1tb drive there, I killed completely partitions and anything on the SSD drive, then I told Windows to create partition on the 1TB drive.

5. When Windows did that, it created 2 partitions for Windows one of which was SYSTEM RESERVED.. If you get that that's exactly how it's on mine. Important note here is that SYSTEM RESERVED and WIndows system partition both MUST be on the 1tb drive not the SSD. If for some reason Windows created SYSTEM RESERVED on the SSD drive, that's NOT good and you should wipe and play with it (disable the SSD drive or something at boot) and try to wipe the 1tb partition and create again. Until both partitions Windows creates show up that they are on 1tb, you don't want to continue.

6. At this point, I continued to install Windows.

7. After installation, I installed my copy of Paragon NFS+ (it's payware but I know it works great so it was $19,99 well spent) and if you plan on running both OSs one reason you should definitely invest in Paragon NFS+ for Windows as well as Paragon NTFS for OSX as a bundle as it will allow you to use Windows 1tb drive later for your OSX storage as well. So it's a win/win. It's a good investment.

8. After I installed the Windows now I was ready to put the Unibeast created USB stick in. I put it in and I copied the mach_kernel from Rehabman to the USB, overwriting the old mach_kernel. My suggestion to you, even though I didn't do it myself is to take the zipped kexts I gave you and put them into EXTRA folder on USB Stick. This way, the XHCI problem described below might not happen to you.

9. At this point, I rebooted, and disabled XHCI Usb in BIOS to disabled. Some of you noticed, YES, indeed it hangs the boot of OSX if you don't disable this during installation. Unibeast installer probably gets confused with USB 3.0 that's why it hangs.

10. When I saved the BIOS settings, I rebooted and chose the USB stick.

11. Installer shows up for OSX (don't go into System Information as it will hang) just go directly to Disk Utility.
12. In Disk Utility I formatted the partition on SSD as NFS+ Journaled and I set the partition to be GUID Partition (under options)

13. I installed the OSX Mavericks.

14. When the installation finished, I rebooted and booted again from USB stick, and this time selected OSX Mavericks partition in Chameleon

15. OSX Mavericks boots fine.

16. When you see the system booted, at this point you should see a lot of the stuff recognized and some not. This is where Multibeast comes in. To be perfectly honest with you the most valuable thing with Multibeast is the latest FakeSMC and a few other kexts, but in general after Multibeast you will be overwriting a lot of those kexts from my zip anyways.. So multibeast might not even be that necessary but I suggest that you just do it like I did.

17. I ran the latest Multibeast for Haswell/Mavericks and installed those options I highlighted in the tutorial. BEFORE I started Multibeast though, I went to Disk Utility and repaired the permissions. Multibeast hung on me a few times I was trying to install and I know that repairing permissions worked for me. So before you do Multibeast make sure you repair permissions.

18. Once you are done with installing Multibeast and those options, don't restart you are not done yet.

19. Now, make sure that mach_kernel you have on USB stick you use and overwrite the mach_kernel on your OSX Maverick partitition as well.. Mavericks on the OSX partition still uses the flawed kernel so you want to make sure you OSX Mavericks hdd install has that same kernel that works. Also, don't forget (if it's not included in the zip I forgot, to install Voodoo 2.84 to S/L/E as well. Alternatively you can install the Elan Touchpad OSX driver 2.8.3. if you want to do that you will need to follow the guide for that here (http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/) so you can get Touchpad working nicely even though you will need some getting used to since that driver has some gestures but the way it works is a bit funky (for example, right button on touchpad doesn't work and 2-finger swiping doesn't work).

20. After you have done this, download Kext Wizard and my kexts and install them directly to S/L/E via Kext Wizard. Copy the same kexts into EXTRAS folder as well just in case. Also don't forget to use my AppleCPUPowerManagemnt kext as well and install it into S/L/E as well and copy it to EXTRAS as well and later into Clover 10.9 folder as well. This CPU will make your CPU correctly handle CPU throttling.

21. Also copy the smbios.plist and my Chameleon org.chameleon.plist into EXTRA folder on your Mavericks SSD installation as well as the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement will require it for Chameleon (config.plist for Clover has that smbios definition in the config file so you don't have to worry about Clover about that only Chameleon)

22. Run Kext Wizard rebuild/repair permissions on both Extras and S/L/E (it will take a bit)

23. Now restart and boot up from USB stick again and you should quickly load the OSX Mavericks and it should all hardware (aside from Thunderbolt) should be recognized.

24. You will notice that your USB 3.0 is not recognized. That's because you have to turn the XHCI in BIOS back to Auto-Smart. Once you do that USB 3.0 will recognized just fine.

Now, this is where everything should be working for you by using the USB stick to boot and then picking Mavericks HDD.. The reason you can't see SSD Mavericks partition in the BIOS is simple. It doesn't have compatible EFI boot information so the BIOS can't see it. This is fine, that's why I used Clover.

Now let's get back to Clover.. for you to boot from BIOS directly into OSX obviously you need Clover. Clover install was fairly simple.

1. Download latest Clover and install it to your Mavericks SSD partition. Follow the settings in my guide on options to choose for Clover as you will need to use the UEFI motherboard version and a few of those drivers and install the Theme BOOTCAMP.

2. Once you install Clover, clover config comes with some default settings, to avoid any of that as default settings are not going to be optimal for your laptop and it might cause problems, before you reboot you want to install Clover Configurator. The only purpose for YOU for Clover Configurator is to mount the EFI partition so you can copy the kexts I gave you into the Clover>EFI>Kexts>10.9 folder and that's IT.. don't mess with anything else.

3. Once you have mounted the EFI, copy those kexts to location I mentioned in step 2 here and also copy my Clover config.plist and overwrite the config.plist that Clover has as default inside the EFI partition you see mounted. You should have no problems in seeing it. Once you have done all that, you are ready to reboot. But before you do that, just in case, run Kext Wizard again and repair permissions on S/L/E and rebuild the cache again.

4. Now, reboot and keep hitting ESC when you see ASUS ROG logo and you should see now UEFI partition show up for the SSD drive with Mavericks.

5. When you select UEFI partition, you will see clover in nice 1920x1080 resolution with Apple nice metal icons. Choose the OSX Mavericks HDD and simply just hit enter.

6. You should now boot into OSX Mavericks the same way as you did with the USB stick.

7. Now you should simply remove the USB stick as you don't need it anymore and now you can boot into Windows 8.1 or OSX directly from the ASUS ROG logo screen hitting ESC.

8. I went into BIOS finally, and I set my Clover UEFI partition to be default so I can boot to OSX automatically, you can keep Windows as main if you want and access Mavericks by hitting ESC at boot but to me it was better to boot into OSX.

9. Now you can install all the software and drivers you want into Windows 8.1 and software and all that.

10. On OSX install Paragon NTFS and you will now see the Windows partition as well and you can use it's storage just like a drive for OSX as well.

That's about it. Not sure how I can help but try to follow this tutorial now, by backing up everything you have and starting clean and I believe you shouldn't have any problems if you are using the same laptop as I am.

cruzin_cruzing
11-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, followed all those steps. Had to do something else to get Clover to work though.

kTrn42
11-13-2013, 08:24 AM
No trouble with clovers here, but still dealing with my last issue icloud/imessage *arg*
if you have artheros card and dont want to purchase a dongle/other card, try to check the artheroswifiinjector tricks.. i dont know if it works on 10.9 yet.

*cheers*

openmindead
11-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Install Clover on the Mac Partition. Mount the EFI Partition using Clover configurator, go into the EFI\Microsoft\Boot Folder and rename the bootmgfw.efi to anything but that and it should force Clover to boot.
No need in doing that. Just copy your Clover folder (from your USB stick) to the EFI folder of the first hard disk partition (which in my case is named "System" on my N550JV and needs to be mounted manually e.g. with Disk Utility), then create new boot option in BIOS, navigate to and select Cloverx64.efi, name your boot option as you like and you are good to go.

kTrn42
11-13-2013, 09:23 PM
iMessage/iCloud things:
- have bought something with your card
- apple hardware (smbios) :
-> Ethernet built-in flag and a properly set ethernet driver
-> NVRAM string in RTVariables or FileNVRAM module (random edit with chameleon wizard for example)

card OK, ethernet OK (en0 top of the list etc), RTVariables .. i try to edit config, smbios, ... nothing works ATM

setup network order do nothing
change password tricks do nothing
setup MLB/ROM do nothing

i become to think that we are stuck or ... have to go back to chameleon.. there is someone on this too ?

i'm still working on it !

edit: i will receive my wifi dongle tomorrow.
edit2: i bought an AR5B195 on ebay, i will test it in a week

fschoenfeldt
11-14-2013, 07:14 AM

Well, Clover started, I could choose the Mac partition but it hanged on the apple logo with that spinning cicle.

kTrn42
11-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Test - N150 Micro Wireless USB Adapter

Product/Vendor page : http://www.trendnet.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=195_TEW-648UBM
setup drivers : http://www.trendnet.com/support/supportdetail.asp?prod=195_TEW-648UBM
how to : setup drivers, restart, plug usb, and voila

SpeedTest on my MacBookPro (legit & 10.9) :
N150 -> http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3100199475
Native Airport -> http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3100202032

In case you really dont want to change your mini PCIe, this nano usb WNA do the job ;-)

Have to test on my ASUS later ! hope that will help to fix iCloud loggin too.

villiansv
11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
If you do want to change your mini pci wifi card, I can confirm http://www.ebay.com/itm/231043298108?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 works out of the box with no hacks at all. Though you lose Bluetooth (which I don't care about).

gazzacbr
11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi,
partial success for me now.
the missing link for the installer was indeed XHCI as mentioned by folks here.
so the install worked.
i still couldnt boot the hd from the installer or direct from the hd.
later, i was doing some windows stuff at work today and had my laptop connected via the vga with a KVM to my desktop dell monitor (yeah, i also have to work sometimes).
then i had another go at restarting the hd direct and the laptop popped up on my work monitor.
so i let it go.
and... as it was starting both screens fire up.
i have since done many tests and i can boot only with another monitor connected (direct to vga or through kvm)
i can disconnect the monitor or kvm when its running and the laptop behaves perfect. full graphics accelleration. i can change between dispalys and change the refresh to 60 or 120hz. everything works as expected. "about this mac" displays shows the dell monitor still connected but if i go to system prefs and detect displays it will drop back to one. the laptop display is shown as black screen and "spdisplays_display"
i think this means that there is no entry in /S/L/Displays/Overrides/...
my vendor id is 0x4ca3 and ProductID is 0x5044
BUT (theres always a but)
i still cannot boot the os direct without the vga connected to a monitor (havent tried the hdmi yet)
this was the same result with os on separate disk with/without clover and dual booting from mbr with a boot manager.
have tried to google but not had any luck yet.
i am hoping some knowledgeable person here can identify my problem now.

kTrn42
11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
If you do want to change your mini pci wifi card, I can confirm http://www.ebay.com/itm/231043298108?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 works out of the box with no hacks at all. Though you lose Bluetooth (which I don't care about).
i bought this one http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291013643549&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

villiansv
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Has anyone managed to sort out display brightness control properly? Being stuck at max brightness makes my eyes hurt after a while.

Yakov
11-15-2013, 12:10 AM
How is the battery life? Because I usually get about 3.5 hours, non-gaming use. Or have you not tested that?

villiansv
11-15-2013, 12:29 AM
How is the battery life? Because I usually get about 3.5 hours, non-gaming use. Or have you not tested that?

With the screen brightness at max and the CPU not throttling down at much as in windows (1.2GHz vs 0.8GHz, I think), it is likely worse.

Bozzified
11-15-2013, 06:27 AM

Not tested but I used it for 2 hours and it was still working and I was doing Photoshop and all that PLUS I had an external HDD hooked in that sucked the juice out of the laptop too.. I do use Brightness app for assigning brightness settings of the display to my F5/F6 keys..so I can adjust it manually as i need to (maximum brightness on the display is not really looking great for long work hours so I usually keep it at 50-60%).

I'm using this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brightness-slider/id456624497?mt=12

kTrn42
11-16-2013, 04:10 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55693334/IMG_20131116_160623.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55693334/IMG_20131116_161037.jpg

and 2h later.. it's done !

edit: i have used your IO802 kext and just add 168c,2b device in Atheros40 kext info, all others kext found over the web does'nt works :)

Silverkid
11-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi there, can somebody who got the nvidia card working do me a favor? I would like to see the full debug boot from chameleon when the flag io=0xffffffff is used. After boot look for kernel.log and system.log in /private/var/log and post them here please. Thank you!

gazzacbr
11-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi there, can somebody who got the nvidia card working do me a favor? I would like to see the full debug boot from chameleon when the flag io=0xffffffff is used. After boot look for kernel.log and system.log in /private/var/log and post them here please. Thank you!
hi, can i ask if you have a 3D screen? i am suspecting that is my problem with booting and the only thing thats different to others that can boot without -x.
the 770m card is working but os x cannot start the screen. its a new samsung model. i am trying to inject the EDID but not had any success. i can only start without -x (i.e. no dirvers) if i have another monitor connected to vga. then the internal lcd works fine because os x thinks its a dell monitor, even after sleep.

Silverkid
11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't have a 3D screen but I don't have a G750 laptop either, I have a G55vw. What's weird is that in the 2012 ROG laptops the 3D screen is required to have OSX working but in the 2013 series apparently that breaks it...

kTrn42
11-17-2013, 04:06 AM
still no way to fix icloud/imessage , rahhh spent my day to do all the tricks

gazzacbr
11-17-2013, 04:15 AM
I don't have a 3D screen but I don't have a G750 laptop either, I have a G55vw. What's weird is that in the 2012 ROG laptops the 3D screen is required to have OSX working but in the 2013 series apparently that breaks it...
Hi, thanks for the info. that gives me some hope...

gazzacbr
11-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Has anyone managed to sort out display brightness control properly? Being stuck at max brightness makes my eyes hurt after a while.
get "Brightness Slider" from the app store. its good and it works.
it maybe just a gamma changer but it saves a lot of eye strain.
good until we can get the fn keys working anyway.

Randomname
11-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Has anyone tried it on a JH?

villiansv
11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
get "Brightness Slider" from the app store. its good and it works.
it maybe just a gamma changer but it saves a lot of eye strain.
good until we can get the fn keys working anyway.

Tried it already, but it looks really bad (gives me pretty bad banding on smooth color transitions). Proper backlight control is needed.

fazaa_66
11-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Is this info also suitable for ASUS G75VW-DS72 and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ?

AAndrei
11-21-2013, 07:14 PM
I got MacOS running on my Asus G750JW. I just used a different HDD instead of the used to boot Windows and the rest of operating systems.

fschoenfeldt
12-06-2013, 09:04 PM
I got MacOS running on my Asus G750JW. I just used a different HDD instead of the used to boot Windows and the rest of operating systems.

Yo man :)

Installation and anything successful, runs perfect :)

Anyway, I have to start via USB Stick because ..

I didn't manage to get the bootloader working on my JW, did a -v boot and it says something like "not enough memory" or so after a lot of dots.. like

I think it's something with the clover configuration, because I only have 8GB RAM..

PS: My SanDisk Cruzer Extreme Drive is not able to boot the installation, sadly, I had to use an older transcend jetflash drive 2.0

Any suggestions?

AAndrei
12-06-2013, 10:56 PM
While in MacOS just try to install Clover, and configure it to install in the selected CLOVER partition. When you installed MacOS you created that first small partition, right? :)
Install Clover on that one, look those things with install the bootsector and don't check EFI motherboard (the first option), just leave it unchecked.

This should work if you installed MacOS on a non GPT partition, no UEFI, I mean in legacy mode.
If you can boot from USB there is no reason why you should not boot from HDD.

rassant
12-07-2013, 12:32 PM
hello to all
please tell me what to do.
I have an Asus N750JV
Installed MacOSX 10.9
with a patch from RehabMan (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html)
after installation MacOSX 10.9
at boot time, I have the following errors

PS how to use in this forum SPOILER?

http://youtu.be/6kW9mz8Zgi8

fschoenfeldt
12-08-2013, 05:14 PM
hello to all
please tell me what to do.

Well, try to format the entire harddrive to one HFS+ Partition and then install it again.

I personally have two harddrives in my JW, so it's not a big deal.

Hope that helped. :)

wailedoak90
12-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Hello everyone, after some messing around I've managed to install OSX Mavericks on ASUS G750JX laptop. I will outline the installation procedure but it's fairly simple.

PREFACE:

This is not 100% final installation as I'm still working with audio and wireless radios and I'm trying to get the Chameleon bootloader to show up from the BIOS when I boot so I don't have to use USB stick to get boot loader.
THIS IS FIXED and working - SEE UPDATE

A great thing about installing on ASUS G750JX is that almost all things that were in previous installation guides here on TonyMac forums under Laptop Mountain lion support > G750JX are unnecessary. This is as close to vanilla installation as I could get.

Touchpad also works. You will however need to hook up ethernet cable to laptop so you have ethernet until I figure out how to get wireless radios working.

One thing to note is that you will need to have on one of the hard drives Windows 8 installed and on that installation of Windows 8 you will need to download some kind of NFS+ support for Windows 8 (I use bundle from Paragon with NFS+ and NTFS support so I can have NTFS support in OSX and NFS+ in Windows 8) but I think since that's a paid product you can use anything else that will just read NFS+ partitions in Windows 8.

ASUS G750JX I have flashed a bios 208 (that's the latest one I flashed from ASUS)

So without much writing here's what I did.

BIOS SETTINGS
go to ADVANCED and disable VT-d
go to BOOT and disable Fast Boot
Underneath Fast Boot, enable Launch CSM
You should now see a new option: Launch PXE OpROM policy. Enable this option. This allows your computer to boot via Legacy BIOS not UEFI.

INSTALLATION:

Standard Unibeast preparation:

1. On a mac download the Mavericks installation from App Store
2. Follow the steps for Unibeast and create a USB stick - Select Laptop support in addition to OSX 10.9 Mavericks App Store install
3. Once you have created and finished Unibeast USB stick preparation make sure you download the patched 10.9 kernel from step 13 and replace the mach_kernel on the USB stick with the one you download (you might have to show all files in OSX you are working on to see mach_kernel file on the root of USB drive), put the USB stick into your ASUS 750JX and boot from it
4. On bootloader screen, pick Unibeast Installer (no flags needed) and hit enter
5. It will take a bit, so be patient and OSX installer will show up
6. Go to Disk Utility > Do the standard Create Partition on a second drive > Make it GUID Partition > MacOS Extended Journaled and call it Mavericks
7. Exit Disk Utility and continue with installation

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3cjRoYTMW68/UnT7XWlGTkI/AAAAAAAAHPc/83fjONOFWA8/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_061704.jpg

8. Once the installation finishes you will get a message how OSX Mavericks can't set the startup disc. This is FINE! Don't worry.
9. Now, restart and boot back into Windows 8
10. Install in Windows 8 NFS+ support
11. Restart and boot again into Windows 8
12. Once you have booted into Windows 8 now you should see the Mavericks volume and all the files there
13. Download this patched kernel (UPDATE: this is now recommended patched kernel by RehabMan: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html ) as it allows Sleep and UseKernelCache to work properly (OLD one - do not use this unless you have problems with RehabMan's http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3631-kernel-os-x-mavericks-109-amd/ )
14. Open Mavericks volume in Explorer and overwrite mach_kernel with the one you downloaded
15. Restart and boot from the USB stick
16. Pick OSX Mavericks HDD volume and hit enter
17. OSX Mavericks will welcome you with the setup screen - follow through on standard process (iCloud might give you a funky message but that's not a big deal)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Dr6AORLn_VE/UnUHx8oFncI/AAAAAAAAHQI/ajoPtqIRCIM/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_071006.jpg

18. Welcome to OSX Mavericks on ASUS G750JX! :)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-r97WY_XAGi0/UnUJIMfCE-I/AAAAAAAAHQ0/KRGR1XBunM0/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_071552.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Mlb8UzIJlgo/UnULFDyHWCI/AAAAAAAAHRo/fnd4wu0ua7o/w1200-h679-no/IMG_20131102_072412.jpg

UPDATE:

Once you install the Mavericks you want to run the latest Multibeast 6.0 (see TonyMac) before the restart.

The idea here is to have Chameleon and everything else installed into S/L/E, modify the SMBIOS.plist and have local hdd Extra folder.

If you are going to use Clover as boot see install notes in the post later in this thread so you can take out USB stick booting completely and adjust some location of some kexts and how to use the config file I included in the files.

Thanks to PeanutButterSpice and slayer2333 from TonyMac forums for trying as well on this and giving me ideas on what to do to get this working without it I would have probably not been able to look at the right place to make this work.

UPDATE 01:

Got audio and wifi working fine now!

The trick was that ASUS G750JX is using Broadcom chip.. in order to to make it recognized in Mavericks you have to update the IDs in the IO80211Family kext.. You go in and go into Plugins and update the IDs inside AirPortBrcm4360.kext > info.plist to include the following:

<string>pci14e4,43b1</string>
<string>pci14e4,4331</string>
<string>pci14e4,4353</string>
<string>pci14e4,432b</string>

Adding these will enable your Wifi.

The problem I'm having is with hardware acceleration on GTX770M.. the card it properly recognized and working just fine but when I play videos HTML5 or Flash it doesn't matter it crashes it.. I can watch videos just fine if I disable hardware acceleration in Flash but H.264 HTML5 videos will not work for some reason.

Suggestions are welcome!

UPDATE 2:

And I finally solved the last issue with hardware acceleration. I changed the System Definition to Mac Pro 5.1 and now everything works great.

The only last thing that remains is to get BIOS to recognize the SSD with the OSX Mavericks installation so I can boot without the USB stick boot loader. But that's really a minor issue.

Amazing! This ASUS G750JX is now an OSX Mavericks BEAST!

UPDATE 3:

The loading without the USB stick has been resolved now. I am using Clover. I will write up the guide for this as I'm still fine tuning things.

UPDATE 4:

I have used RehabMan's patched kernel (here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html) and indeed things are working MUCH better. UseKernelCache is working and I have increased my boot times now to desktop in about 10 secs instead of 30+. One side effect is that I don't see USB 3.0 recognized after installing GenericXHCI kext. Looking into this.

UPDATE 5:

Bluetooth 4.0 is now working as well. You have to enable the ASUS G750JX broadcom bluetooth IDs in BroadcomBluetoothTransport kext. We are fortunate because the Bluetooth in this laptop is BCM4352 so it's compatible fully with OSX Mavericks.

To enable go:
0. Find the IOBluetoothFamily.kext in S/L/E and copy it to desktop
1. Show Package Contents on it
2. Go into Plugins and show package on BroadcomBluetoothTransport
3. Open info.plist file and locate this entry:

<key>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_P</key>
<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>33293</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>1452</integer>
</dict>

4. Right above this entry and after

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>

(So in between those put the following)

<key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_3404</key>
<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
<false/>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>13316</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5075</integer>
</dict>

5. This is it, SAVE and use Kext Wizard or similar to install and overwrite the existing IOBluetoothFamily.kext in S/L/E

6. Reboot and voila.. You have Bluetooth 4.0

FILE ATTACHMENTS:

My kexts, smbios and config files you need (if you have ASUS G750JX this should work without issues for you as I expect them to be the same)

ASUS G750JX OSX Mavericks files (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38K6L6i3r5cMlNnUERLYWdLam8/edit?usp=sharing)

Hi, I'm installing mavericks on my g750jw, but I'm currently stuck at hardware acceleration part(gtx 765m cannot be recognized correctly). Can anyone help me? Many thanks.

fschoenfeldt
12-09-2013, 09:50 AM
While in MacOS just try to install Clover, and configure it to install in the selected CLOVER partition. When you installed MacOS you created that first small partition, right? :)

Oh alright, I previously created one HFS+ partition on my second HDD, where Mac is installed and then installed Clover on that partition aswell. I'll try it with two partitions, one for clover, one for mac. :)

Billyp813
12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey guys.

I'm running the ASUS G750JW

I know this isn't the exact same version like yours but there are barely any differences between our models.

Of course, I followed your guide 1:1 (except that I used a VM for creating the installation stick) (yep I replaced the mach_kernel)

I'm running into the issue that when I'm booting from the USB media, and selecting it from the loader and hitting enter, it just flashes really short the apple logo (maybe a quarter of a second). After that, it automatically reboots itself. Very weird.

The user in this thread has got the same issue:
http://www.osx86.net/topic/19192-asus-g750jx-unibeast-installer-crash/

Any suggestion?

From USB boot stick, boot into Clover. Select Clover Boot Options. Add Clover as UEFI boot option. Shut down, reboot, then select the new entry created to boot. No more usb stick needed.

fschoenfeldt
12-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Alright guys, I followed serveral guides in this thread but I can't get booting with clover working.

It shows up in BIOS, I can boot into the Clover Partition and I can select my Mac-Partition.

Booting the MacHDD with -v args =>

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9391/8tqp.jpg

Any suggestions? :(

EDIT: Also tried "slide=0" as a boot option in clover, doesnt work aswell..
Isn't there any way to just copy the bootloader from the stick to the Mac HDD?

Billyp813
12-09-2013, 08:24 PM
1. Boot with the USB stick to the Clover screen where you see all your boot choices.
2. Select Clover Boot Options (small gear symbol on second row). Do not select options which is next to it.
3. Select Add Clover as UEFI....
4. Return to boot screen. Exit Clover.
5. Go to your Bios Screen you will now see an additional boot option that starts "Clover OS X Boot...) select that one.
6. Boot and enjoy, you will no longer need USB stick.

Bill

Billyp813
12-09-2013, 09:25 PM
BTW I know you have an entry in Bios that says UEFI OS.... that one did not work for me kept giving OsxAptipFixDrv: Error. This is why you have to make a new entry. Great Job to the original poster.

Bill

fschoenfeldt
12-11-2013, 03:33 PM
BTW I know you have an entry in Bios that says UEFI OS.... that one did not work for me kept giving OsxAptipFixDrv: Error. This is why you have to make a new entry. Great Job to the original poster.

Bill

Hey man, thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, it didnt work, still the same OsxaptipFixDrv :(

Screenshot (still): http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9391/8tqp.jpg

I'll write down the steps I made, maybe I missed something.

1. Downloaded the latest Clover from the sourceforge.net page
2. Installed it firstly on an extra CLOVER Partition (tryed it on the Mac Partition itself, too)
3. Copied and replaced Clover config file to the clover folder
4. Copied all kexts (+ the Power Management kext) to /kexts/10.9 (on another try, I copied them directly into /kexts/ aswell)
5. Rebooted with the USB (Unfortunately, the Clover Partition didn't show up)
6. Rebooted with the "UEFI OS" from the Boot Menu
7. Created a Clover Boot Entry with the according menu point in Clover
8. Booted from that point, still the OsxaptipFixDrv error.

I tried both "Install for UEFI Motherboards" and without "Install for UEFI Motherboards", doesnt work.
Also tried "slide=0", didnt work.

Any suggestions?

villiansv
12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Hey man, thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, it didnt work, still the same OsxaptipFixDrv :(

Screenshot (still): http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9391/8tqp.jpg

I'll write down the steps I made, maybe I missed something.

1. Downloaded the latest Clover from the sourceforge.net page
2. Installed it firstly on an extra CLOVER Partition (tryed it on the Mac Partition itself, too)
3. Copied and replaced Clover config file to the clover folder
4. Copied all kexts (+ the Power Management kext) to /kexts/10.9 (on another try, I copied them directly into /kexts/ aswell)
5. Rebooted with the USB (Unfortunately, the Clover Partition didn't show up)
6. Rebooted with the "UEFI OS" from the Boot Menu
7. Created a Clover Boot Entry with the according menu point in Clover
8. Booted from that point, still the OsxaptipFixDrv error.

I tried both "Install for UEFI Motherboards" and without "Install for UEFI Motherboards", doesnt work.
Also tried "slide=0", didnt work.

Any suggestions?

Switch your OS X and Windows drive physically (bay 1 to 2 and vice versa). Had the same issue, turned out OS X (or Clover) wanted to be on the first SATA controller. Windows doesn't care, so you don't lose anything.

fschoenfeldt
12-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Switch your OS X and Windows drive physically (bay 1 to 2 and vice versa). Had the same issue, turned out OS X (or Clover) wanted to be on the first SATA controller. Windows doesn't care, so you don't lose anything.

Well, thank you for the hint at first.

I tried that but it didn't help. :(

Any other ideas?

villiansv
12-11-2013, 06:00 PM
No idea, really - I was getting the same error as you and searching online seemed to indicate presence of other sata devices as the culprit. They were advising unplugging optical drives as well, but for me just switching the OS X drive to the primary SATA port worked. Clearly it's very iffy, as can be expected from what is essentially a dirty hack job.

I kind of gave up on OS X, as I can't stand being stuck on max brightness, and the apps that only change the gamma look horrible imo. If I really need a mac, I can always borrow my wife's MBP, so...

Billyp813
12-11-2013, 07:32 PM
The one thing I did notice, don't know why but if safe mode arg is selected (-x) it takes you back to OsxaptipFixDrv error. Make sure you don't have that selected. Without safe mode I can boot. If safe mode is needed use the USB to boot into safe mode. Follow the original posters instructions. No deviations (take out any added args, such as slide=0 etc.)

Bill

fschoenfeldt
12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
The one thing I did notice, don't know why but if safe mode arg is selected (-x) it takes you back to OsxaptipFixDrv error. Make sure you don't have that selected. Without safe mode I can boot. If safe mode is needed use the USB to boot into safe mode. Follow the original posters instructions. No deviations (take out any added args, such as slide=0 etc.)

Bill

Yeah I did follow the instructions. However, I think I'll give up on OS X.

fschoenfeldt
12-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I managed to create a bootable USB Pendrive with Clover, I didnt choose the UEFI option, but the "write into MBR" option.

It boots fine (its an USB 3.0 stick).

cloned the partition to my internal HDD, osxaptio error again.

Ericio
12-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Hey guys.

I am new to hackintosh and I did everything from the guide to install Mavericks on my G750jx. I am having the same problems like some others here here that the bluetooth and wifi won't work on my G750JX. Well, this is not the main thing, the main problem is still that I have to boot with the Unibeast usb and if not the it will got hung with a "No entry" logo after apple logo...Now I am able to boot without usb by pressing space bar and choose either with caches or without injected kexts...Does anyone know how to fix it so that I can boot by just pressing enter?

gazzacbr
12-17-2013, 03:12 AM
Hi,
just a heads up to folks here that not all Asus G750JX's are equal.
even apart from the obvious combinations of harddisk and memory configs.
OP did a great job getting his running so well but if you could a have a 3D screen or different wifi and bluetooth then its a whole different story:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293967-asus-g750-laptop-with-gtx-770m-not-booting/

you need to carefully check that you do indeed have exactly the same config as the OP before saying it doesnt work.
adding your specs in your sig will give you more chance of getting an answer.

NiPeGun
12-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Why the need to deactivate VT-D in BIOS???

villiansv
12-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Why the need to deactivate VT-D in BIOS???

I think because OS X in general doesn't support it (bit iffy on specifics though), so you may get weird behaviour. You can always test turning it back on when you finish installing, I can't recall if I tried it. You can go back to UEFI boot mode after installing Clover (disable Launch CSM, keep secureboot and fastboot disabled) and it works fine, even though the guide doesn't mention it.

NiPeGun
12-24-2013, 02:21 AM
Well, if you use VirtualBox under OSX , you will need VT-D, if you can use it in VirtualBox, means OSX supports it.

gazzacbr
01-07-2014, 03:09 AM
Hi,
a minor point here,
did anyone get the battery percentage to display anything other than 0% ?
as already mentioned, the time remaining does appear in the popup and i do get the red symbol and a bettery low warning.
I tried SlimBattery Monitor but that also shows 0%

kTrn42
01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
hey guys, i still not go back to w8 system :-)
but something still bother me , does someone have found any issue to fix iCloud ?
grrr.. have a nice day

fschoenfeldt
01-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Hey guys :)

I finally managed to install Mac OS X 10.9 on my new Samsung 840 Evo SSD..

I fixed the issue with osxaptido by removing some kexts, first I tried to boot without kexts at all, problem was I couldnt use my mousepad then so I inserted the PS2 kext. Now I'm running with some more kexts:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleStorageDrivers.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

@Bozzified: How did you manage to install the Elan touchpad driver for multitouch? And which version did you use, as the latest version doesn't work for me (I copied it into the 10.9 kext folder of Clover, touchpad didnt work anymore)

Cheers x

Dream
01-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone

This might be a stupid question, or it may have been answered previously :

Is it possible to install this on a large thumb drive, say, a 64gb drive?

Would there be any benefits/cons to this, other than limited space?

Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

- D

NiPeGun
01-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Guys, I just did a customized Mavericks DMG to install on Asus ROG Laptops. Its mainly customized to boot and install Mavericks on G75xx notebooks but Im sure it can fire and install Mavericks in many Sandy/Ivy/Haswell ROG laptops.

Go to this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291673-asus-g75vx-mavericks/?p=1943645)thread and download the zip. Inside you will find a torrent to download the DMG. Just use Disk Utility to clone it to an 8GB pendrive and use it to install Mavericks. Note NVDAResman.kext is in / to have a failsafe install.

You may want to change the SMBIOS inside the pendrive to match your system and change the layout from spanish to your language.

To know if the internal display configuriation of your graphics card in your laptop if fully compatible with OSX, just move the NVDAResman.kext file of the pendrive from / to /System/Libraries/Extensions/ and reboot the pendrive to start a normal installation. If your system hangs in the grey screen with the Apple logo, then OSX cant find a display in your notebook so NVDAResman must be removed in order to install Mavericks. If not, and your system reaches a vanilla installation with full graphics support, then you must report here which exactly model of Asus ROG laptop you have to let us choose which of those models to buy.

Download and comment!

cruzin_cruzing
01-16-2014, 06:30 AM
Guys, I just did a customized Mavericks DMG to install on Asus ROG Laptops. Its mainly customized to boot and install Mavericks on G75xx notebooks but Im sure it can fire and install Mavericks in many Sandy/Ivy/Haswell ROG laptops.

Go to this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291673-asus-g75vx-mavericks/?p=1943645)thread and download the zip. Inside you will find a torrent to download the DMG. Just use Disk Utility to clone it to an 8GB pendrive and use it to install Mavericks. Note NVDAResman.kext is in / to have a failsafe install.

You may want to change the SMBIOS inside the pendrive to match your system and change the layout from spanish to your language.

To know if the internal display configuriation of your graphics card in your laptop if fully compatible with OSX, just move the NVDAResman.kext file of the pendrive from / to /System/Libraries/Extensions/ and reboot the pendrive to start a normal installation. If your system hangs in the grey screen with the Apple logo, then OSX cant find a display in your notebook so NVDAResman must be removed in order to install Mavericks. If not, and your system reaches a vanilla installation with full graphics support, then you must report here which exactly model of Asus ROG laptop you have to let us choose which of those models to buy.

Download and comment!
One question, have you gotten iMEssage or iCloud to work by any chance? It's the only thing from keeping it from being a full Mac experience.

fschoenfeldt
01-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Apart from a good multitouch trackpad and the option to disable the trackpad.

olvrick
01-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Anyone tried to install on the same disk with windows?
And manage it to work with UEFI boot?

Have Samsung 840 Evo 750gb ssd and wanna to have installed both, windows and macos on it.

cristian.g
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
i have a question: is it possible to install it on the same HDD? i couldnt afford to pay for an extra SSD or HDD, so i have the 750 GB HDD. i wonder if it is possible to install it on different partitions. i also found this (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/261793-dual-booting-lion-and-win-7-on-same-drive-very-easy/) link, but is kind of outdated. any ideas if win8 and maverick might work dualboot? thanks

kTrn42
01-23-2014, 06:58 PM
One question, have you gotten iMEssage or iCloud to work by any chance? It's the only thing from keeping it from being a full Mac experience.
same here :-(

olvrick
01-23-2014, 08:31 PM
From what I know, iMessage won't work until you connect your credit card to Apple ID. I guess its same with iCloud.

olvrick
01-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Hey guys :)

I finally managed to install Mac OS X 10.9 on my new Samsung 840 Evo SSD..

I fixed the issue with osxaptido by removing some kexts, first I tried to boot without kexts at all, problem was I couldnt use my mousepad then so I inserted the PS2 kext. Now I'm running with some more kexts:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleStorageDrivers.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

@Bozzified: How did you manage to install the Elan touchpad driver for multitouch? And which version did you use, as the latest version doesn't work for me (I copied it into the 10.9 kext folder of Clover, touchpad didnt work anymore)

Cheers x

I have Samsung 840 Evo too, would you mind sharing kexts? thanks

olvrick
01-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Who can't boot from Clover, simply delete IO80211Family.kext from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.9
and voila ^)

olvrick
01-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Finally solved a problem with battery indication( 0% all the time ), now its working pro perly.

https://mega.co.nz/#!rctBTarQ!j7t_EvV7p9cg0HzdxC1AcCj4HUy8xiUyFm9wJiV Mw50

Unzip, copy AppleAPCIPlatform.kext to S/L/E, rebuild cache, copy it to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/
folder and reboot. Everything will be as it should.

Any solution for touchpad? or at least to make FN+F9 working?

cristian.g
01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Did any of you install it on a different partition on the same hdd? I mean it should be possible with the correct bootloader. The problem is that i dont have 2 flashdrives to set up both win8 and osx, so if something happens i cant revert. I am not a dev or programmer or it guy, but i do believe that it might be possible in this sequence win8 , osx stuff, repair win8 bootloader, install osx bootloader.

Really would love to do it, but dont wanna try it blindly. Need some experts i programming opinions :)

olvrick
01-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Did any of you install it on a different partition on the same hdd? I mean it should be possible with the correct bootloader. The problem is that i dont have 2 flashdrives to set up both win8 and osx, so if something happens i cant revert. I am not a dev or programmer or it guy, but i do believe that it might be possible in this sequence win8 , osx stuff, repair win8 bootloader, install osx bootloader.

Really would love to do it, but dont wanna try it blindly. Need some experts i programming opinions :)

yes, i got it working in dual boot on same ssd and kept uefi mode.

Just partition your HDD manually using Gparted live cd\usb, create EFI partition, macos partition and win partition(just 3), and install like in guide, then install clover into efi partition by selecting UEFI mode, and after that install win8. Reboot using unibeast into macos and fix clover boot :) works like a charm

cristian.g
01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
What if i already have win8 installed? Does it work only with repair option for windows instead of reinstalling? And i have a partitio of about 100 gb for osx, is it enough? And yes, i dont have a mac to make the usb. I saw something called transmac.

Oh yea, one mor thing i dont have fast boot option in bios xD wth?

Thanks man, i appreciate :-)

Edit: the thing is that i have 3 partitions already - windows, a media storage partition 400gb, 100 gb free partition. I have no external hdd to backup everything and i have too much data in there. Any solutions?

olvrick
01-24-2014, 06:05 PM
What if i already have win8 installed? Does it work only with repair option for windows instead of reinstalling? And i have a partitio of about 100 gb for osx, is it enough? And yes, i dont have a mac to make the usb. I saw something called transmac.

Oh yea, one mor thing i dont have fast boot option in bios xD wth?

Thanks man, i appreciate :-)

Edit: the thing is that i have 3 partitions already - windows, a media storage partition 400gb, 100 gb free partition. I have no external hdd to backup everything and i have too much data in there. Any solutions?

You cant repair it...only full wipe. Problem is that windows when partitioning HDD makes EFI part as second after some crappy one for win itself.
OSX requires EFI to be the first partition in order to boot. So you need to fully wipe hdd, and firstly create a 200mb fat32 partition with boot flag and EFI label. After that you can create any other stuff. Bud EFI must be first in place.

When you disable Launch CSM option it will appers on the top of it. :) Everyone has fastboot option.

Other option doesnt include UEFI bood method...which i thing is worse. You can try to install OS and install Clover on your Mac partition, but i dont know if it will work.

PS: just buy a 3TB Desktop usb3.0 drive from Seagate. ~100$ and it will solve all your problems with data storage")

cristian.g
01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Damn. I remeber when i went from w8 to w7 i had same problem, had no boot options from dvd nor usb. I think i messed around with hdd settings until he saw it again, but yea it was a pain in the a** . Maybe this 209 bios might be the problem? I will attach here some snaps327193272032721

NiPeGun
01-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Anyone with full QE / CI working on this laptop or graphics card fully recognizable can post here the file resulting of doing this in ubuntu or debian:

sudo xrandr --verbose >> gcinfo.txt

You may first activate privative nvidia drivers and reboot but is not really 100% needed.

The file will be saved on your home folder.

Just post it here or give us a link.

Thanx!

gazzacbr
01-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Finally solved a problem with battery indication( 0% all the time ), now its working pro perly.

https://mega.co.nz/#!rctBTarQ!j7t_EvV7p9cg0HzdxC1AcCj4HUy8xiUyFm9wJiV Mw50

Unzip, copy AppleAPCIPlatform.kext to S/L/E, rebuild cache, copy it to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/
folder and reboot. Everything will be as it should.

Any solution for touchpad? or at least to make FN+F9 working?

Great find olvrick, its working on mine :D
this helps me a lot as i can only boot at the office with a vga screen attached (to get full qe/ci), then i can sleep, then wake up and use at home.
touchpad works, left and right buttons, but i assume you are after multi-touch.
not seen a solution for that yet but i almost always use a mouse anyway.
i recommend steermouse (not free) which will map the extra mouse backward/forwards buttons and give you more control over speed

gazzacbr
01-27-2014, 05:28 AM
@christian.g: where did you get the 209 bios from?
was there a change log with it?
if it was only the startup logo and sound it was not much of an update ;)

EDIT:
oh, here...

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JX&p=3&s=521

only says WHQL for Win 8.1???
were the startup logo and sound options there before?
I am on 208 and dont have them???

gazzacbr
01-27-2014, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=NiPeGun;367852]Anyone with full QE / CI working on this laptop or graphics card fully recognizable can post here the file resulting of doing this in ubuntu or debian:

sudo xrandr --verbose >> gcinfo.txtQUOTE]

Hi, as you know, mine only works fully after vga kickstart, but here is mine for reference.
My lcd is on DP-2.
The Dell monitor showed correctly on VGA-0.
fyi, I had to zip up the file as ROG wouldnt let me select a .txt file

cristian.g
01-27-2014, 08:16 AM
@christian.g: where did you get the 209 bios from?
was there a change log with it?
if it was only the startup logo and sound it was not much of an update ;)

got it from asus website. they said that they fixed some windows 8.1 WHQL stuff. dont know what esle. since i cant make it boot from usb/dvd the easy way, as soon as i will get an external hdd i will do it the hard way - change the HDD settings in bios so i get HDD error and then boot.

This is the link to asus support website ---> (http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/521/G750JX/41/)

fschoenfeldt
01-27-2014, 05:58 PM
I have Samsung 840 Evo too, would you mind sharing kexts? thanks

Hey man, I didn't need any custom kext, I just used Multibeast TRIM Enabler :)
I got the feeling that the SSD is slow tho, but maybe I'm wrong, how's your performance?

Has anyone luck with multitouch touchpad, or at least a possibility to switch it on and off?

Cheers x

olvrick
01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey man, I didn't need any custom kext, I just used Multibeast TRIM Enabler :)
I got the feeling that the SSD is slow tho, but maybe I'm wrong, how's your performance?

Has anyone luck with multitouch touchpad, or at least a possibility to switch it on and off?

Cheers x

Yeah, i know, already instal everything and it works, but you're right, its so slow...almost like 7200rpm hdd...dunno what to do=(

cristian.g
01-28-2014, 04:41 PM
ok, now i got it to bood from usb. one question though: i currently have 2 partitions - windows installation and downloads. since i cant backup my data due to the fact that i dont have an external hdd (and no funds to buy one) i am thinking of booting with gparted live usb, delete windows partition and UEFi partition, and then create 3 partitions (one for EFI, one for osx and one for win8. are there any chanches that i might loose data from my downloads partition or some kind of corruption?

olvrick
01-28-2014, 07:08 PM
ok, now i got it to bood from usb. one question though: i currently have 2 partitions - windows installation and downloads. since i cant backup my data due to the fact that i dont have an external hdd (and no funds to buy one) i am thinking of booting with gparted live usb, delete windows partition and UEFi partition, and then create 3 partitions (one for EFI, one for osx and one for win8. are there any chanches that i might loose data from my downloads partition or some kind of corruption?

U dont understand...for creation of EFI partition you need to WIPE all partitions on that HDD. Cause EFI must be #1 partition in list. No other way, sorry.

Wipe everything, create 200mb boot flag partition, and only after that you can create other partitions

aonavy
01-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Ive been browsing this forum and thinking on getting of these laptops to replace my Imac. Have any you guys ran geekbench on this? what was your score if so.

Also, did you guys get thunderbolt working? <- this is big for me since I do alot of video editing.

Thank you

gazzacbr
01-30-2014, 10:12 AM
I'll be looking into finding a solution for ACPI and power management along with the ATK ACPI brightness thing.. I am working on this most of the time I can do..

The challenge is this.. I actually generated the SMBIOS for the latest Mac Book Pro 11,3 (that's the new MacBook Pro hoping that OSX will automatically apply the power management to our laptop being recognized as Haswell laptop, unfortunately it seems that new Mac Book Pros with Haswell are not actually even using AppleCPUPowerManagement and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement and are directly communicating with their BIOS and this is where our locked BIOS has issues.. OSX can't access it.

Now, I know Rehabman and others will try to patch the kernel to enable OSX working with these BIOSes but when that's the question...
Hi,
any update on power management?
without NullCPUPowermanagement.kext my cpu is always at 70C+
but with it when processing video it goes to 80C+ from a normal 45'ish
which is not good :(

olvrick
01-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi,
any update on power management?
without NullCPUPowermanagement.kext my cpu is always at 70C+
but with it when processing video it goes to 80C+ from a normal 45'ish
which is not good :(

It've been fixed, search thread for download. (6-9 pages.)

Flev86
02-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Hi! Have you tried FCPX on this machine? How does it work?

cruzin_cruzing
02-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Hi! Have you tried FCPX on this machine? How does it work?
I've installed it and it runs fine, but I haven't used it to its full potential yet. I played around with the demo video and it didn't lag, but that's all.

chokko
02-07-2014, 03:10 PM
righto, wondering what my best course of action is on my JH

i have SSD (win8.1 installed with UEFI) and another 7200rpm HDD

i changed bios settings per guide on page1 and put Mavericks on the HDD. Did Multibeast which included Installing Chimera etc...reboot PC without USB (OSX installer) in...and the machine booted up win8 still.

Changed boot device in bios to be the HDD with OSX...and i get:
"Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".

Tried booting back into OSX via the install USB, and reinstalling Chimera...same errroe message at next reboot.

So from here...should i be wiping my win8 and re-install in nonUEFI mode ?

Or should i blow away everything, and try putting on OSX/WIN8.1 dual booted with Clover/UEFI?

chokko
02-08-2014, 08:38 AM
so I decided to try the EFI route. In order to boot Gparted USB, OSX installer etc...I seemed to need most of the BIOS settings the same as the 1st post, except Launch CSM is left disabled, yes?

I used Gparted to create partition map GPT,
I created 200MB partition, flagged as boot, named EFI
I created HFS+ partition for OSX
I created NTFS partition for windows

I installed MAvericks to the OSX partition, using Unibeast installer (created per post1)
I could not boot into it yet, as I have no Windows8 install to replace the mach_kernel
I installed Windows8 into the 3rd partition (had to remove the 2nd HDD from the machine or the installer threw errors), and replaced the Mavericks mach_kernel

Now the machine boots into Win8.1 all the time. I can get back into Mavericks via the Mavericks USB installer.
Tried installing Clover UEFI boot option, but no new option ever appears in the bios ?

Scott Mitchell
02-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Hi I have done all step and patched my AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext but the CPU still at 2,4Ghz is there something wrong i use Clover can you help me ?

AAndrei
02-13-2014, 02:32 PM
What makes you say that you are limited at 2.4GHz?

Did you tried to install Intel (R) Power Gadget and run some kind of benchmark like geekbench 3?

How are you checking your CPU speed/multiplier? What software are you using?

CRANCKED
02-21-2014, 02:28 AM
hi there i was just wandering if you could put the files online with the modified mach kernel please thanks a lot Giulio

CRANCKED
02-21-2014, 02:34 AM
another quick thing is i own a g750jx-cv038h with 3d display and i managed to get to the installation with unibeast metod but everytime it stops and says i cant install oxs on this machine any idea on what the problem would be? Ill try to upload the log file as soon as i can meanwhile thanks a lot for all the efforth you put in so far :D

gazzacbr
02-23-2014, 08:48 AM
another quick thing is i own a g750jx-cv038h with 3d display...
so, thats unlucky for you then :(
non installation is possibly due to the wrong mach_kernel. you need the one for haswell from rehabman (google)
but even if you get past that os x will only get to a black screen, and no further.
you can start in safe mode and disable the graphic accelleration by deleting kexts but thats not ideal.
if you have a vga connected monitor you can boot to a perfect install.
the problem seems to be the 3D screen connected internally to a display port which nobody seems to be able to get working yet.
see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293967-asus-rog-laptops-with-kepler-cards-not-detecting-dp-2-connected-lcd-display/page-1

if you do get it all working, please report back here :)

CRANCKED
02-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Here we go i got rehab mach kernel but like i saied i got to installation screen no prob no boot flags but than when i install it it gets stack with the error.. here is the log file by the way :D thanks a lot 4 your answere anyways :D ps: forgot to say im installing mavericks ;)

here we go:
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Configuring volume "MAVERICKS"
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Preparing disk for Netbooted OS Install.
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Volume disk1s2 mounted at /Volumes/MAVERICKS is ready
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Preparing disk for local booted OS Install.
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Physical memory statistics immediately before turning on virtual memory backing store:
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Physical Memory Allocation: 836 MB wired, 48 MB trapped, 1173 MB active, 141 MB inactive, 14186 MB free, 15500 MB usable, 16384 MB total
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Activated virtual memory backing store at mount point '/Volumes/MAVERICKS'
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Preparing disk for local booted install.
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Creating installation log on volume "MAVERICKS"
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: OSInstall: ia log path:(null)
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Create temporary directory "/Volumes/MAVERICKS/Install.380lvQ9PO"
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: IFPKInstallElement (13 packages)
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Using authorization level of root for IFPKInstallElement
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: PackageKit: request=PKInstallRequest <13 packages, destination=/Volumes/MAVERICKS>
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: PackageKit: packages=(
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemResources.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BSD.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/JavaTools.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AdditionalEssentials.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/AsianLanguagesSupport.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/MediaFiles.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OxfordDictionaries.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/X11redirect.pkg>",
"PKLeopardPackage <file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.pkg>"
)
Feb 24 01:38:10 localhost OSInstaller[380]: PackageKit: Extracting file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg (destination=/Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, uid=0)
Feb 24 01:38:19 localhost OSInstaller[380]: LSExceptions [0x7fb97daa2de0] unloaded
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-56/Common/StreamCompressor.c:1166: 0x113bd61ec 0x1129f3d99 0x112a05ed8 0x112a0a1ca 0x112a069f1 0x112a0a53b 0x112a069f1 0x112a0a53b 0x112a0a53b 0x112a0a53b: CloseStreamCompressor(/Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root//System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iCalendar.framework/Versions/A/iCalendar) called after writing 131072 bytes though we were promised 597408 bytes
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-56/Common/DataPool.c:165: 0x113bd3b20 0x113bd628e 0x1129f3d99 0x112a05ed8 0x112a0a1ca 0x112a069f1 0x112a0a53b 0x112a069f1 0x112a069f1 0x112a069f1: finished pool without filling it; expecting 466336 more bytes
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-56/Common/StreamCompressor.c:1179: Error: returning errno 22 from CloseStreamCompressor
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-56/Common/commonUtils.c:360: Error: fh_pread -1
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-56/Common/StreamCompressor.c:293: Error: pread failed for /Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root//System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iCalendar.framework/Versions/A/iCalendar: Invalid argument
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: /SourceCache/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-56/Common/StreamCompressor.c:936: Error: returning errno 22 from FinishStreamCompressorQueue
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package €œBaseSystemBinaries.pkg€." UserInfo=0x7fb980e43200 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb980e15550 "The operation couldn€™t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error", NSFilePath=/Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=BaseSystemBinaries.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.BaseSyste mBinaries, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package €œBaseSystemBinaries.pkg€.} {
NSFilePath = "/Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root";
NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while extracting files from the package \U201cBaseSystemBinaries.pkg\U201d.";
NSURL = "BaseSystemBinaries.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg";
NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=BOMCopierFatalError Code=1 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error\" UserInfo=0x7fb980e299a0 {destinationPath=/Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, offset=472217, type=BOMCopierFatalError, sourcePath=/System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg, NSLocalizedFailureReason=FinishStreamCompressorQue ue error}";
PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.apple.pkg.BaseSystemBinaries";
}
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package €œBaseSystemBinaries.pkg€." UserInfo=0x7fb980e43200 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb980e15550 "The operation couldn€™t be completed. FinishStreamCompressorQueue error", NSFilePath=/Volumes/MAVERICKS/.OSInstallSandbox-tmp/Root, NSURL=BaseSystemBinaries.pkg -- file://localhost/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.BaseSyste mBinaries, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while extracting files from the package €œBaseSystemBinaries.pkg€.}
Feb 24 01:38:47 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Feb 24 01:38:48 localhost OSInstaller[380]: No system on disk MAVERICKS to revert bless
Feb 24 01:38:48 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Unable to revert bless to target or imgsrc.
Feb 24 01:38:48 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Allowing machine sleep.
Feb 24 01:38:48 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Memory statistics for 'Install Failed' pane:
Feb 24 01:38:48 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Physical Memory Allocation: 852 MB wired, 48 MB trapped, 1223 MB active, 140 MB inactive, 14121 MB free, 15484 MB usable, 16384 MB total
Feb 24 01:39:53 localhost Unknown[366]: 2014-02-24 01:39 OS X Installer[380] (CarbonCore.framework) FSEventStreamStart: ERROR: FSEvents_connect() => Unknown service name (1102)
Feb 24 01:39:53 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Connection to sharingd became invalid
Feb 24 01:39:53 localhost Unknown[366]: 2014-02-24 01:39:53.967 OS X Installer[380:f20f] Metadata.framework [Error]: couldn't get the client port
Feb 24 01:39:53 localhost OSInstaller[380]: Folder Manager is being asked to create a folder (docs) while running as uid 0

gazzacbr
02-27-2014, 04:37 AM
hmm, i didnt have any problems actually installing like that.
maybe you have a corrupt image?
'An error occurred while extracting files ...' looks a bit suspicious.

try installing on a clean newly formatted hard drive.
i usually install with a os x boot flash drive to an old empty usb external hard drive first then image it back on to my main drive later.

Billyp813
02-28-2014, 05:04 AM
I got Icloud and Imessage to work fully. Facetime partially works, people can see and hear you however I have no sound from the speakers. Use Pacifist to extract a copy of the mach_kernel (I used the one from the 10.9.2 update). Then go to RehabMan's post on this page http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html. Patch the kernel with the two patches. Then replace your kernel with the patched kernel. Reboot. If anyone figures out the facetime sound problem, let us know. All thanks to RehabMan.

Ericio
03-01-2014, 03:10 AM
Does anyone upgraded to 10.9.2 successfully or clean vanilla install successfully with 10.9.2? I was using 10.9.1 for about 2 months I guess, until 2 days ago when I saw the notification of 10.9.2 upgrade available from appstore then I upgraded it...Then I got instant reboot after installation of new upgrade, after that I did the latest patches of mach_kernel, nothing happens but keep loading on the screen and never get into osx...

gazzacbr
03-02-2014, 04:57 AM
@Billyp813: thanks for the info. i will give that try soon.
RehabMan is a superstar :)

SmailkO
03-05-2014, 11:39 PM
So, i did it for 5 times and 1 error

jamice4u
03-11-2014, 01:39 AM
Help I have the ASUS I see my hard-drives in uni-beast. I installed windows 7 on my 1tb ssd under advanced I have everything Interal Point Device, wake on lid open, power off energy saving, asus usb charger+ in battery mode, intel virtualization technology and intel aes-ni enabled and vt-d disabled.

Under boot launch csm and launch pxe OpRom policy are enabled with my usb drive being the first option.

Under security I disabled secure boot. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Uni-beast starts up and then the computer reboots. Do I need a special bios to run uni-beast?

Asus ROG G750JX-TB71 Notebook - 4th Generation (Haswell) Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz, 16GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, 3GB Nvidia GTX770M, Blu-Ray, 17.3" Full HD Display, Windows 8 64-bit, 1-Year Asus ADP (A50-173318)

Al!f1990
03-11-2014, 05:16 AM
I'm installed it but can't boot. Black screen crash is strange. Apple logo comes, then computer got black screen, then rebooting. Can someone help me ?

cruzin_cruzing
03-12-2014, 04:19 AM
I got Icloud and Imessage to work fully. Facetime partially works, people can see and hear you however I have no sound from the speakers. Use Pacifist to extract a copy of the mach_kernel (I used the one from the 10.9.2 update). Then go to RehabMan's post on this page http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html. Patch the kernel with the two patches. Then replace your kernel with the patched kernel. Reboot. If anyone figures out the facetime sound problem, let us know. All thanks to RehabMan.
Hey can you post your patched mach_kernel? I accidentally ran the update first before patching the kernel.

Billyp813
03-12-2014, 04:01 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0x91yjlJDc7UlU2c1RMMW1PR28/edit?usp=sharing

cruzin_cruzing
03-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Thanks a lot, everything works now including iMessage/iCloud. CPU also properly scales now instead of staying at 8x. That was a problem for me, I don't know about anyone else.

Ericio
03-15-2014, 12:54 AM

No matter I did vanilla 10.9.2 install with the kernel you shared or update it through 10.9.1 no luck and still black screen...

Billyp813
03-15-2014, 01:42 AM
10.9.2 Sucess

1. extract 10.9.2 Kernel from combo update and patch

2. copy all NVDA.. Kexts from S/L/E

3. run combo update

4. Replace patched kernel and all NVDA.. Kexts.

5. Repair permissions

6. Enjoy 10.9.2

Ericio
03-15-2014, 02:59 PM
10.9.2 Sucess

1. extract 10.9.2 Kernel from combo update and patch

2. copy all NVDA.. Kexts from S/L/E

3. run combo update

5. Repair permissions

6. Enjoy 10.9.2

1. Patch the kernel with both command by Rehabman, but still no luck. Do you mind to share the patched kernel here?

2. NVDA kexts from SLE to?

4. Use Unibeast to replace the patched, right?

5. After succeed load into 10.9.2?

Praz
03-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Do you mind to share the patched kernel here?

Hello

I am sorry but there will not be any sharing of these type of files or posting links to the files. This thread is already borderline as to what is acceptable content on the forum. Please do not push it to the point where the thread will need to be removed and all similar future threads prohibited. Thanks

Billyp813
03-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Ericio,
The moderator has spoken and I can not post the files you requested.

the kernel once extracted (Pacifist) needs to be patched with both 10.9 patches. You then place it at the root of your drive. See the first post of this thread if confused (step 13). The kexts you can copy from a working 10.9.1 S/L/E. They are replaced into 10.9.2 using (Kext Wizard), this tool will also repair permissions. The way I did it was to install 10.9.1 on an external drive. Boot from that external drive. then follow the above outlined steps on your internal 10.9.1.

Moderator -- sorry if I broke any rules,wont't happen again.

lazzy
03-16-2014, 11:01 PM
hello
i'm so interest your topic, my ROG is G75vw 3D i think this mode is 80% like G750, G75vw works with Mavericks 10.9.2 i remplace wifi card with AR9285 please confirme it works with AR9485. i will change it again .

your sound card is VIA VT1802p? i think i can patch AppelHDA, it 's better than voodooHDA.

best regard.

N84inc06
03-17-2014, 10:26 PM
If I have an img of Mountain Lion...will this still work?

N84inc06
03-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Also, do I HAVE to have access to computer running OSX to download Mavericks? Or can this be done PC only?

Al!f1990
03-18-2014, 01:39 PM
How to fix black screen after Apple Logo ?

gazzacbr
03-18-2014, 02:42 PM
10.9.2 Sucess

cheers for the info.
i patched the kernel but it wouldnt start until i replaced the NVDA kexts.
(although i can still only boot with a vga monitor attached)

Billyp813
03-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Gazzacbr,

Make sure you copied all the NVDA.. Kexts then run a permissions repair before restarting. All the steps have to be done in the sequence given before a restart.

gazzacbr
03-19-2014, 11:39 AM
@Billyp813: yes, i did all that but the "still only boot with a vga monitor attached" is an ongoing problem related to my 3D screen (which is connected to an internal displayport).
i was hoping that an update to 10.9.2 and/or the newest nVidia drivers would sort it out but it didnt.
the latest nVidia drivers can now work multi-screen which is some kind of improvement for some, but not me.
any idea why the NVDA kexts do not work now?

Billyp813
03-20-2014, 05:18 AM
@gazzacbr

I hope this thread might help you, I deals with your 120hz 3D screen.
http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVwl9dipT9hEA_D9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzc2JkZ2x yBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTQwMl8x/RV=1/RE=1395378174/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.insanelymac.com%2fforum%2ftopi c%2f293967-asus-rog-laptops-with-kepler-cards-not-detecting-dp-2-connected-lcd-display%2fpage-3/RS=%5EADAbq0TxdsD0nub.knK3.GmN_TO0Z8-

gazzacbr
03-22-2014, 05:18 PM
@gazzacbr

I hope this thread might help you, I deals with your 120hz 3D screen.
/ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVwl9dipT9hEA_D9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzc2JkZ2x yBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1NNRTQwMl8x/RV=1/RE=1395378174/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.insanelymac.com%2fforum%2ftopi c%2f293967-asus-rog-laptops-with-kepler-cards-not-detecting-dp-2-connected-lcd-display%2fpage-3/RS=%5EADAbq0TxdsD0nub.knK3.GmN_TO0Z8
Hi
@Billyp813: links gone but guessing from the text...
did you look at the op for that thread ;)
it is SOLVED now :D
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293967-asus-rog-laptops-with-kepler-cards-not-detecting-dp-2-connected-lcd-display/page-8#entry2005896
basically i have 10.9.2, latest nvidia web drivers and an efi string supplied by AREOS
hope this helps some other folks...

alketrax
03-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi all, I know this is a bit late but I hope that some of you guys can help me. I've followed the instructions to the letter but for some reason unknown to me, when I boot from the thumbdrive every thing seems fine and the apple logo with the loading indicator and after a short while my screen just goes off. I don't mean it's not showing anything, it's literally off there's no light whatsoever. But i still see that my keyboard lights are on and the indicator light on my flash drive is still blinking. Can someone please please help me? Asus G750JX

manbg
04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Hi Bozzified ! I am very thankful for your guide here about ASUS RoG - G750JX but it's only I am having one problem. I can't seem to find and download the Attached G750JX OSX Mavericks files. Every time I dry it ...google drive always gives me an error like *file not found* could you please share that zip file again or send it to me somehow (Skype or email) ?

Mitko
04-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi, could someone reupload the ASUS G750JX OSX Mavericks files please?

gazzacbr
04-29-2014, 07:49 AM
Hi,
just saw this one (been away on hols)
I have the files but the zipped file is 10mb which is too big to attach to the forum.
any suggestions?

CRANCKED
05-01-2014, 10:12 AM
googledrive or dropbox or skydrive ......and post the link here ;)

gazzacbr
05-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi,
just set up google drive so let me know if it doesnt work.
give this a try...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7zySD6lTdZQV3lscS1rTG56T2s/edit?usp=sharing

Bozzified
05-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi guys.. well it's been tough few months both personal and work wise so I didn't really pay much attention on internet, but now I've been playing around and tried to install the new 10.9.2 and there was a ton of problems.

The Google Drive account I had I cancelled and moved to another account but it's actually a good thing that you are not using the files because the old files won't necessarily work anymore or well.

I have managed to install a clean 10.9.2 with some solutions but I will need to update tutorial. I'm having some issues with Clover with the latest Mavericks so I've gone the Unibeast on a partition install so I don't need a USB drive and it works MUCH better and more reliably than Clover.

I will outline everything and reupload updated files. Hang in there..

I'll probably do it this weekend. I'm almost done setting my 10.9.2 install on G750JX.

gazzacbr
05-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Hi,
@Bozzified: good to see you back.
I did an Apple normal upgrade to 10.9.2 a while back and didnt really have any issues.
I just re-patched the kernel and updated the Nvidia graphics drivers (which is the only way to boot for me with 3D screen)
The 3D screen display port is all solved now with an EFI string.
10.9.2 I think there were some changes to NVDA/graphics stuff which screwed many (other) people.
Still using Chameleon although I do have a Clover booting version but couldnt really see the point of using it (I dont use uefi).

Only ongoing issues I have are,
screen brightness. Hoping for a real solution so i can lose Brightness Control.
wifi. atheros card is a no go (although i normally use ethernet). i have a broadcom one waiting to go in but will lose my warranty.

looking forward to your updates.

Bozzified
05-05-2014, 02:40 AM
You are right, the culprit of the issues with 10.9.2 is the Nvidia driver. While you might actually have less problems by upgrading to 10.9.2 on an existing install and just update Nvidia drivers, the bigger issue starts with the clean installs.

So the key to get the installs to boot is the following:

1. Back up the NVDA*.kexts from 10.9.1 (if you don't have them I've attached them here)
2. Make your Unibeast USB
3. Overwrite the NVDA*.kexts in USB's S/L/E with the old NVDA kexts 10.9.1. Make sure you only overwrite NVDA*.kexts
4. Replace the Extra folder on USB with the files I posted in this post
5. I included mach_kernel that i patched with Rehabman's perl script on the 10.9.2 mach kernel after the security update was released for 10.9.2 to allow more native power management on Haswell CPUs.
6. If you follow this you will have a clean install USB disk for Mavericks installation for 10.9.2 (keep in mind that you need to make 10.9.2 USB so you will need to redownload from the App Store the 10.9.2 Mavericks)

Once you have this done you can boot up installation normally.

7. Before you boot into new Mav install, make sure you reboot back into USB
8. Go into Terminal
9. use cp command to copy the mach_kernel from your USB to the Mavericks volumed you installed the OSX on to replace the existing one as it won't boot without it.
10. the command looks like something like this:

bash-3.2#
cp /Volumes/YOUR_USB_VOLUME_NAME/mach_kernel /Volumes/YOUR_OSX_INSTALLED_VOLUME_NAME/

where YOUR_USB_VOLUME_NAME and YOUR_OSX_INSTALLED_VOLUME_NAME are your volume names for each.

11. So after you copied the mach_kernel to the fresh installation volume you are ready to boot in. Reboot and select OSX HDD

12. Once you boot in, you don't really need to run Multibeast. You just use Kext Utility to install the kexts I gave you in the ModifiedKextsOSX10.9.2 zip file and you may want to install the NVIDIA 10.9.1 kexts as well with Kext Utility.

13. Once you have done this, you want to go into Disk Utility and repair permissions as well.

14. Now reboot with USB and select your OSX volume again and you should now have access to Wifi and all that good stuff. The GPU though might not be properly recognized and it will work very slow and buggy. That's fine.

15. Now you want to run Update from OSX and install the 10.9.2 Security Update from App Store. Once this is installed, you want to reboot back into USB OSX Install, go into terminal and repeat mach_kernel copying again as the latest 10.9.2 security update will replace mach_kernel.

16. When you do that, reboot again into your OSX main volume where you installed and you can download the latest Nvidia Driver and Cuda driver and install it. Once you install both, reboot

17. Now when you reboot you should be golden and everythign should be tops. Alternatively you can run Multibeast to just install the FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor so you can see the temps and stuff but don't install anything else with Multibeast (don't run Easy Beast or anything, just FakeSMC and plugins and FakeSMC HW Monitoring)

With this 10.9.2 minus the small issues with the NVidia drivers, everything works better than ever. The battery manager now works great and shows your remaining battery, the power management is native and works really well. The sleep works too and the keyboard turns the lighting back on when you go into sleep and then come back. The GPU power management with new drivers works great too. No injectors, all native and with the new drivers.

The key is to use nvda_drv = 1 in kernel flags on boot and it will use the new drivers. My GPU now sits at 30C and increases clock speeds as I do something more GPU intensive. I tested with Cinebech and scores are amazing (75fps).

My battery lasts about 2:30-3h which is pretty much (maybe slightly worse) than what I have in Windows. The reason it's a bit less is that we can't modify the screen brightness yet.

This is really almost native OSX experience with G750JX. It runs SICK fast and power sensible. You don't need AppleCPUPowermanagement.kext and AppleGPUPowermanagement.kext mods as the new kernel bypasses the locked MSR and works just like real MBP.

My system definition is Mac Pro 3.1 and it works great. I would advise you to use it as well becuase you can update the latest NVIDIA drivers from them as they work with Mac Pro 3.1, 4.1 and 5.1 systems so if you use different SMBIOS you might have to go through hassle to switching to Mac Pro 3.1 when you need to update drivers.

Here's what works:

1. USB 3, Bluetooth, Wifi-N (AC still has issues), CPU and GPU power management works fine, SD card, (Thunderbolt might be working, you need to test by plugging in the Thunderbolt device to test) and GPU 770M works natively after you install latest NVIDIA drivers for Mac. Initially GPU won't be recognized properly.

2. What doesn't work is the keyboard keys for brightness and keyboard lighting and I haven't tested Thunderbolt.

NO CLOVER:

I ditched Clover.

I am using my 1TB HDD for data storage and I partitioned it as MBR with 2 partitions. I call one Data Drive, while I call the other one Boot OSX. Let me tell you what I did.

1. I installed OSX on clean 256GB SSD. Since the GPT partitions don't get recognized with UEFI bios I simply cleaned up the 1TB drive, I made it into MBR type partition (as that will be seen by UEFI bios) and I split the 1TB drive into 2 partitions. Both partitions are HFS+, but one is 8gb, the other one is what's left in space (so 992gb or something similar).

2. I downloaded OSX 10.9.2 from App Store, I ran Unibeast and installed it onto the 8gb partition. I put all the files I did in initial Unibieast USB install and Extras and S/L/E Nvidia and all that and finished the process on the 8gb partition.

3. IMPORTANT: Once you do this, you will think that it will work like USB. It won't. You won't be able to boot into this partition before you do this important step:

Open terminal
cd /Volumes/USB_VOLUME_NAME/usr/standalone/i386

where USB_VOLUME_NAME is the name of your USB Unibeast volume in my case that was
cd /Volumes/UnibeastX92/usr/standalone/i386

but for you it can be whatever you named your USB volume when you created Unibeast.

now type:
diskutil list

you will get something like this
http://www.bozzified.com/screenshots/image-9wfT3Yui5w.png

identify which DISK and # your Boot partition is (as you can see my Boot OSX disk is /dev/disk1 and my Chameleon partition is Boot OSX which is #1.

So now you type:
sudo -s

then:
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s1

/dev/rdisk1s1 is the target disk number and partition number of the Boot partition (the 8gb one you created) - see disk util for the appropriate number. Mine was disk1s1. rdisk is not a mistake, you need rdisksXsX in this case.

you should get something like this:
2+ records in
2+ records out
1024 bytes transferred .. etc

Now you will be able to boot from your Chameleon HDD partition.

4. Now you can close everything, remove USB drive and reboot.
5. You should now see in BIOS the partition with Chameleon on HDD and you boot from that.

This is the easiest thing because not only that you have a recovery OSX installation, but you also have pretty clean OSX install on the SSD and we don't really use Clover as it is kind of unstable sometimes and I had difficulties making it work on latest 10.9.2.

I alternatively did a couple of cool things.

I renamed in Chameleon com.org.chameleon.plist my Boot OSX volume to Recovery and I set my Timeout parameter in the same file to 1 sec, so my laptop directly boots into OSX.

This is what my finalized plist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>OSX Mavericks</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Rename Partition</key>
<string>"Boot OSX" Recovery</string>
</dict>
</plist>

You can now modify you Extra stuff in the Boot OSX partition. I also, didn't want this partition to show up in Mavericks on boot so I unmount it on start. This is how you do it:

Open AppleScript. Paste this in (YOUR_BOOT_VOLUME is the name of the volume you want to unmount):

set volname to "YOUR_BOOT_VOLUME" -- # name of target volume
set p to (POSIX path of (volname & ":" as alias))'s text 1 thru -2
set sh to "diskutil umount " & quoted form of p & " &> /dev/null &"
do shell script sh

Hit Compile and then Save it as an Application (you will see under File Format in save dialog).

Save it to Applications folder for example.

Then go to system preferences -> and drag the file you created into Login Items and hide it.

Now, this volume will be hidden on reboot and you will have clean OSX SSD drive and your Data Drive.

That's it.

Bozzified
05-05-2014, 02:46 AM
HINT:

If you want to install Windows. When you create the 2 partitions on the 1TB HDD you formatted as MBR.. you can

A) Create 3 partitions instead of 2
B) Use the 992gb partition not as HFS+ but as Empty Space or FAT32 and you install WIndows on it.

This is actually great for 2 reasons.

1. You now have 8gb OSX Mavericks partition for recovery
2. Windows install will work fine as the disk is marked as MBR and you can select it from Chameleon boot screen with no issues.

I forgot to give you the link for all the new necessary files on new Google Drive I posted. Get it while it's hot:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B38K6L6i3r5cckJjX25lcGdUR28&usp=sharing

ExtraG750JX10.9.2.zip - is the Extra folder for your Unibeast USB or HDD Boot install (read instructions above)

ModifiiedKextsG750JX-10.9.2.zip - are the kexts you want to install with Kext Utility that are modified for G750JX 10.9.2 and you install them once you installed OSX for the first time.

NVDA10.9.1.zip - NVIDIA Drivers 10.9.1 you will need for your Unibeast installs and you copy/overwrite the NVDA*.kexts in your Unibeast S/L/E folder

Bozzified
05-05-2014, 03:07 AM
In case you can't see EXTRA folder and stuff on Unibeast stick and stuff make sure you show all files in OSX

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

to hide the files back again just change YES to NO

and then type

killall Finder

to reboot the finder and you should now see all files.

gazzacbr
05-05-2014, 03:53 AM
Hi,
(edit: started writing this last night and didnt see your post above so duplicated much of what you said)
i updated 10.9.2 with the latest apple patch Security Update 2014-002
(er, well, just because i can ;) )
this comes with a new kernel and i think it sets the graphics drivers back to standard (from Nvidia ones)
i can only boot my 3D screen with the Nvidia drivers
this is what i did:
update the 2014-002 patch from apple
re-patch the new kernel (use rehabmans perl script)
change smbios to Mac Pro 3,1 (Nvidia will not update an iMac, which is what i have in my smbios)
removed nvda_drv=1 from org.chameleon.Boot.plist
remove all NV*.kext from S/L/E
boot in safe mode (-x)
install Nvidia web driver latest (331.01.01f04)
change smbios back again
put back nvda_drv=1
reboot
now version is OS X 10.9.2 (131021)
oh, just remembered i didnt put the original NV kexts back but i dont need them anyway.

this was a bit more effort for because of having to use only the Nvidia web drivers.
the web drivers would not update before the security update

my personal method (i have said this before)
get rid of uefi, this is still an early adopter and is not ready for multiboot.
and also gpt for the boot disk. you dont need it unless you have a 3tb+ drive.
however, it is a great way for micro$oft to make it look like you cannot boot anything other than windows on your new laptop/pc.
i have many os's, including windows, linux and 3 os x
all together on a 'normal' mbr disk, windows with ntfs, mac with hfs+, linux with ext4
(i am using BootIt to manage startup and swapping the boot partition).
multiboot like this is very easy for me.
my 2nd data disk is actually gpt (which i used to try clover)

Bozzified
05-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Just some results for the curious with 10.9.2

http://www.bozzified.com/screenshots/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-04%20at%209.16.54%20PM-BZF7WDpang.png

http://www.bozzified.com/screenshots/image-HKpz5tt6Im.png

http://www.bozzified.com/screenshots/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-04%20at%209.20.41%20PM-AJ12fQKJyO.png

gazzacbr
05-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Just some results for the curious with 10.9.2

oooooh, nice :D

good to see the GTX 770M out running the Quadro's.

mac owners, eat your heart out ;)

also, are you saying that the system profile in smbios doesnt matter now?
it was needed before for power management but is that because we have a modified kernel?
i have left mine as Mac Pro 3.1 and nothing seems to have changed.

Bozzified
05-06-2014, 07:26 AM
also, are you saying that the system profile in smbios doesnt matter now?
it was needed before for power management but is that because we have a modified kernel?
i have left mine as Mac Pro 3.1 and nothing seems to have changed.

I have not seen any major changes.. however considering that in the near future Mac Pro 3.1 might be outdated Mac for future OSX updates.

I will probably eventually use MBP 11.2 SMBIOS. That is SMBIOS for Mac Book Pro Retina with Haswell CPU. I've tried it and i saw no difference really.

Mac Pro 3.1 is convenient though as you don't have switch out smbios every time you want to upgrade the Nvidia official web drivers.

access9
05-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the thorough guide. I have a G750JS; I think the only difference is the gfx card (870m). My problem is that I can only boot in safe mode, otherwise it hangs. Any ideas? Also, the WiFi only sees 2.4ghz access points, not 5ghz. Unfortunately the Nvidia kexts don't seem to make a difference with this chip.

Thanks!

gazzacbr
05-07-2014, 05:44 PM
@access9: i think the new G750s come with Optimus dual graphics.
if you cannot disable it then sorry, you are stuffed...
check in bios.
try a search for hackintosh 870m around the usual sites.

RogJohn
05-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Before i do this any one pls elaborate the problems could occur if i wanted to revert back to windows / install side by side with ubuntu eg,
disadvantage
hardware problem

Im gonna do this in 2 laptop both running on g750j 1 for my partner who wants to start learning illustrate and the other one for me just the sake of it.

thanks

gazzacbr
05-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Hi,
@RogJohn: you really need to dual/multi boot to be safe.
a hackintosh is quite a delicate thing requiring more or less work to keep it running.
it will vary between mostly all working and completely broken requiring a rebuild from an image.
with some care and a whole lot of online reading it can be done.
see my sig.
i use an independant boot loader (BootIT) which manages the many partitions on 2 disks and multiple systems and (after many years of practice) its fairly easy.
but i still keep full backups and at least 3 working versions of OS X in case my main one breaks.
good luck.

Ernie89
05-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I have the G750JH model, have anyone tried to install the mavericks on the JH version?

I am stuck at the Multibeast installation, which ones do i have to install?

I suppose the drivers and things in the multibeast installation would be different??

Need help :/

Ernie89
05-08-2014, 10:33 AM
And the sound doesn't work with VoodooHDA :/

When i use guide with those multibeast "drivers" the installation fails when it tried to install "Boot options" section..

access9
05-08-2014, 01:57 PM
@access9: i think the new G750s come with Optimus dual graphics.
if you cannot disable it then sorry, you are stuffed...
check in bios.
try a search for hackintosh 870m around the usual sites.This isn't my first hackintosh laptop so I knew this would be a fun challenge. I've tried just about everything. At this point, since I only boot into safe mode (however the gtx870m is detected properly) I'm going to have to throw in the towel for now. Boot gets stuck right after bluetooth initializes. I should have known better than to attempt this install with such a new gfx card.

Bozzified
05-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Before i do this any one pls elaborate the problems could occur if i wanted to revert back to windows / install side by side with ubuntu eg,
disadvantage
hardware problem

Im gonna do this in 2 laptop both running on g750j 1 for my partner who wants to start learning illustrate and the other one for me just the sake of it.

thanks

If you are concerned that you can mess up laptop or something you won't.

You will always be able to reinstall Windows at any point.

Usually the best practice would be for you to do dual boot with Windows and just work with OSX part on a separate drive so you always have Windows available.

However, no matter what you do you will always be able to run DISKPART with Windows 8.1 USB drive to wipe your disks and install fresh installation of Windows if something goes wrong.

I just need to stress that this thread is PRIMARILY for ASUS G750JX-DB1 as that is the one I have and I found it work great.

Prerequisities for all this to work are:

1. Non-Optimus based GPU (JX750-DB1 has a dedicated Nvidia GPU)
2. The specific Bluetooth and Wifi chip that are present in JX750-DB1 are different from other laptops and you might have issues with other configs as they have different chips.

Areosjc
05-09-2014, 07:18 PM
@gazzacbr
@Bozzified

Contact me to give you a Full working AppleHDA with subwoofer working (sounds great), my DSDT and SSDT for CPU power management, my dsdt inludes fixes for battery so no ACPI kext roll back, fix to get Fn keys working with keyboard backlight working, great touchpad multi gesture support (Thanks to EMlyDinEsH for his kext). And an EFI string to get brightness management working (only tested in NO 3D screens). I give you all this to you cause I dont have the time to make guides or give support.

Ohh I also have a patched 209 Bios so no more kernel patch.

Good Luck

lftort
05-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Hi, I have an ASUS N550JV, and realized that the G750JX it's preetty the same but upgraded.
The ASUS N550JV has:
i7 4700HQ, 2.40 GHz turbo to 3.40
8 GB ram
intel HD 4600, NVIDIA GT750M 2GB
wifi card atheros AR9485

also i put a 250GB SSD and a 1 TB HDD on the optic bay. (this laptop dont have the space for a mSata ssd so i remove the dvd-writer)

I want to do a dual-boot, with windows on the SSD and OSX on the HDD.
I'm new at computers so i don't have much experience, and I need help :) .

1- u recomend to install maverick with clover or unibeast? after reading a lot i got lost :( . (my native languaje is spanish)

2- also, do you have like a clean guide to install it? (sorry if a didn't see in the post)

3- multibeast have all the things to replace after the installation, like drivers and that of then i have to add more stuff?

at the moment i have these guides, but his are from 2013 and i don't know if the process have changed.
clover : http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

unibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

THANKS A LOT!! sorry if a spelled someting wrong! :)

Bozzified
05-10-2014, 01:30 AM
@gazzacbr
@Bozzified

Contact me to give you a Full working AppleHDA with subwoofer working (sounds great), my DSDT and SSDT for CPU power management, my dsdt inludes fixes for battery so no ACPI kext roll back, fix to get Fn keys working with keyboard backlight working, great touchpad multi gesture support (Thanks to EMlyDinEsH for his kext). And an EFI string to get brightness management working (only tested in NO 3D screens). I give you all this to you cause I dont have the time to make guides or give support.

Ohh I also have a patched 209 Bios so no more kernel patch.

Good Luck

Hey man that sounds like dream come true..

You mind sharing it with me in PM ?

Also I'm assuming you have g750jx-db1 like me without the 3d screen?

Let me know if you need access to my google drive I can add you and you can upload there all the files including the patched bios for unlocking MSR ...

You can also add me on twitter or Google plus if you need to so we keep this conversation out of ASus board since this is something that will void the warranty and don't want this thread locked.

Thanks.

cruzin_cruzing
05-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I found two kexts that work great. One for the Elantouchpad and one for AppleHDA. It may not be necessary but it certainly makes the experience better. I can now use gestures and audio overall sounds better.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3933-alc282/

Using the latest 3.7 version.

EDIT: Just noticed the post above me. Well, I guess this is unnecessary.

Bozzified
05-10-2014, 02:52 AM
I found two kexts that work great. One for the Elantouchpad and one for AppleHDA. It may not be necessary but it certainly makes the experience better. I can now use gestures and audio overall sounds better.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3933-alc282/

For the Elan driver, I'm using the latest 3.8 version.

I have tried Elan previously and it was pretty bad. Are your left and right buttons on the touchpad working? Can you adjust gestures to be like in OSX. I've had a lot of problems making it work as it was all wonky, I lost left and right buttons (actually left was working but not as click and gestures are all wonky too)

cruzin_cruzing
05-10-2014, 02:56 AM
I have tried Elan previously and it was pretty bad. Are your left and right buttons on the touchpad working? Can you adjust gestures to be like in OSX. I've had a lot of problems making it work as it was all wonky, I lost left and right buttons (actually left was working but not as click and gestures are all wonky too)
Yeah, they were working with 3.7. I just noticed the physical buttons weren't working with 3.8. Other than that, gestures are working with both versions.

EDIT: Use 3.7 not 3.8

Billyp813
05-10-2014, 03:53 AM
@Areosjc

Tried to pm you, could you add me to the list.

Thanks

Areosjc
05-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Yeah, they were working with 3.7. I just noticed the physical buttons weren't working with 3.8. Other than that, gestures are working with both versions.

EDIT: Use 3.7 not 3.8

this info is not accurate, I work with EMlyDinESh as beta tester (actually he did all the work all credit goes to him) to get all working, specially in version 3.8 so to get buttons to work you need to set the option "v4HWHasPhysicalButtons" to YES.

For the rest of the gestures you need to edit the plist. All works OK

@Areosjc

Tried to pm you, could you add me to the list.

Thanks

Please wait a little so gazz and bozz can upload the files. My intention is give it to them first so they can test and get some experience and then they can help others.

Good Luck

cruzin_cruzing
05-10-2014, 06:34 AM
this info is not accurate, I work with EMlyDinESh as beta tester (actually he did all the work all credit goes to him) to get all working, specially in version 3.8 so to get buttons to work you need to set the option "v4HWHasPhysicalButtons" to YES.

For the rest of the gestures you need to edit the plist. All works OK

Please wait a little so gazz and bozz can upload the files. My intention is give it to them first so they can test and get some experience and then they can help others.

Good Luck
I actually realized that a little later. Alright, I'll wait, thanks.

Bozzified
05-10-2014, 08:41 AM

Good Luck

Let me know how you want to connect. The only way I can reach you is here. I posted for you the google drive link so you can upload everything you have. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

To everyone else, I would highly suggest for you guys not to mess around this until I test it out, especially the unlocked MSR patched BIOS 209 Areos is mentioning as you can brick your laptop.

If everything works, I'll write my impressions and guide to help others.

Shabonix
05-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Quick question. I have the Asus G750JM and purchased a 240GB SSD for it, so I should essentially be able to follow this without a hitch. Or should I wait for Areosjc and the Bios so I dont have to patch? Thanks!

Bozzified
05-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Quick question. I have the Asus G750JM and purchased a 240GB SSD for it, so I should essentially be able to follow this without a hitch. Or should I wait for Areosjc and the Bios so I dont have to patch? Thanks!

Patched biases are risky. If Areos patched bios is for JX you are advised not to use it. I assume it is for JX as ASUS has 209 bios out only for JX .. For your JM might be different. For JH the lates bios is 206 and for JM the latest one was 208.

So I wouldn't update bios with the one that's not for your version.

gazzacbr
05-11-2014, 02:45 AM
@Shabonix: patching the kernel i very, very simple. or just get one thats patched.
loading a hacked BIOS is very, very dangerous.
i have every confidence in Areosjc that his patch will be good for his G750JX and probably other JX models but for your JM...
seeing on these forums how very different even the same JX models are should worry anyone.
just try OS X anyway. the BIOS is only a 'nice to have' if Apple update the kernel.

Bozzified
05-11-2014, 02:57 AM
If you guys feel dangerous you can patch the latest bios file for your laptop without waiting for Areos.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/

But again big WARNING.. If your patched bios file is bad you can totally brick your laptop.

Bozzified
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
I just realized..the pmpatch utility download is not available.. seems like the only way is to compile it from the source.. not sure what happened there.

Shabonix
05-11-2014, 09:04 AM
@gazzacbr So what you saying to do is just install OSX Mavericks from the USB drive and see where I'm at from there? And I used the Unibeast Application with Multibeast..if that matters..

gazzacbr
05-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi,
yes you can do that. my normal routine is to first install OS X to an external mac formatted efi/hfs+ usb drive.
(this disk is my general MAC backup disk with apps and time machine partitions)
i have other OS X versions to do this from but sometimes i do it from a virtualbox mavericks in windows.
then i carbon copy clone it (do NOT use os x disk manager) back on to my multi-partition mbr internal drive 0.
that avoids the risk of OS X messing up my main ssd drive mbr table.
from another virtual/real OS X i can see the new partition and install Chameleon to allow it to boot (run multibeast bootloader only if you like on this)
if you want to start with a clean internal 2nd disk then its easier than this.
i prefer to keep my working windows (well many of them actually) just as it is on drive 0.

Shabonix
05-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all the information Gazza. Would you be able to speak with me a bit more on your explanations? Let me know what communication systems you have so we can chat.

Ernie89
05-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Hello guys :)

Everything works undtil i plug in my external harddrive with usb 3.0, the system freeze except the mouse.

But usb 2.0 works perfectly, anyone has the same problem? Any solution?

Sincerely

Ernie

RogJohn
05-12-2014, 12:32 AM

Suggestions are welcome!

Im having these problem exactly the same and i cant install cuda because it shows error after reboot so i have to set GraphicsEnabler to no and it will work fine with the driver you provided. Also Computer could not be verified app store thing everytime i try to download something on appstore. I havent installed chameleon or any bootloader im just doing step by step so i will know which is which causing the problem but aside these problems everything works perfect.

Areosjc
05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
@ Bozzified

Files uploaded please contact me with data provided so I can explain how to use them.

Good Luck

Ernie89
05-13-2014, 04:43 PM
Any suggestions?? :)

aonavy
05-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Does this install work on the G750JH

Bozzified
05-18-2014, 04:17 AM
[/size][/b]

Im having these problem exactly the same and i cant install cuda because it shows error after reboot so i have to set GraphicsEnabler to no and it will work fine with the driver you provided. Also Computer could not be verified app store thing everytime i try to download something on appstore. I havent installed chameleon or any bootloader im just doing step by step so i will know which is which causing the problem but aside these problems everything works perfect.

switch to Mac Pro 3.1 smbios

AAndrei
05-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Where do I get a zip with all those awesome kexts and dsdts to make the laptop more compatible with Mavericks?

Thanks!

cruzin_cruzing
05-18-2014, 10:13 AM
I managed to grab the .zip file before it was removed. I've applied the DSDT/SSDT and more stuff has worked. I've also applied the EFI String for the brightness fix, but it hasn't worked. My display is recognized differently, however. I'm wondering if there's more to it, which I'm sure there is and I'm waiting for some instructions that are coming soon. I haven't applied the patched BIOS since that seems a bit too risky. Besides that, more things are working, such as full turbo mode @3.2 GHz and adjustable keyboard backlight.

gazzacbr
05-18-2014, 05:50 PM
@cruzin_cruzing: what laptop do you have exactly?

gazzacbr
05-18-2014, 05:52 PM
never mind
how can i delete a post?

AAndrei
05-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Wifi not working again after 10.9.3 upgrade.

I had to edit the AirPortBrcm4360.kext inside IO80211Family.kext to add the four lines provided by Bozzified so I came up with this command to edit the Plist.info file.

sudo perl -pi -e "s/\x09\x09\x09\x09\x3C\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x 70\x63\x69\x31\x34\x65\x34\x2C\x34\x33\x61\x30\x3C \x2F\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E/\x09\x09\x09\x09\x3C\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x 70\x63\x69\x31\x34\x65\x34\x2C\x34\x33\x61\x30\x3C \x2F\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x0D\x09\x09\x09\x 09\x3C\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x70\x63\x69\x31 \x34\x65\x34\x2C\x34\x33\x62\x31\x3C\x2F\x73\x74\x 72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x0D\x09\x09\x09\x09\x3C\x73\x74 \x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x70\x63\x69\x31\x34\x65\x34\x 2C\x34\x33\x33\x31\x3C\x2F\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67 \x3E\x0D\x09\x09\x09\x09\x3C\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x 67\x3E\x70\x63\x69\x31\x34\x65\x34\x2C\x34\x33\x35 \x33\x3C\x2F\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x0D\x09\x 09\x09\x09\x3C\x73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x70\x63 \x69\x31\x34\x65\x34\x2C\x34\x33\x32\x62\x3C\x2F\x 73\x74\x72\x69\x6E\x67\x3E\x09\x09\x09/g" /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Then I fixed permissions with kext wizzard, but I think there should be some console commands for this also.

Areosjc
05-19-2014, 04:21 PM
So you have installed my DSDT and SSDT files, you need to install AppleHDA kext and remove VoodooHDA, for your brightness, check inside display setting if you got the slide.

If is not working share an IOReggistry file save, so I can help.

Good Luck

AAndrei
05-19-2014, 08:35 PM
I took a look at that inject efi string, I saw that in the middle of it there is the EDID for the display, but don't know how to use it in Clover.
I see that Clover allows me to inject an EDID string, but your EFI string is bigger.

cruzin_cruzing
05-20-2014, 01:28 AM
So you have installed my DSDT and SSDT files, you need to install AppleHDA kext and remove VoodooHDA, for your brightness, check inside display setting if you got the slide.

If is not working share an IOReggistry file save, so I can help.

Good Luck
Thanks, I'm using a different AppleHDA than the one in your zip that has audio working for me. Do I have to use yours? And here's my ioreg. I don't have a brightness slider in my Display settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biuz046bcpsnkr8/io.ioreg

EDIT: I wasn't sure about the settings in my clover config, so here it is as well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jwd96nbsv7tp0n/config.plist

x70xchallengerx
05-20-2014, 02:02 AM
Ok I need some help,

I didn't see much info regarding just upgrading from < 10.9.1 to > 10.9.2, so I just did it, and now I can't boot to it xD

I'm getting 'osxaptiofixdrv' error: "requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block"...

what would you recommend I do? I have this installed alongside W8.1 so I can't format the whole drive but I could do the partition if necessary. I'm currently rebuilding a unibeast drive atm.

Thanks

cruzin_cruzing
05-20-2014, 02:25 AM
Ok I need some help,

I didn't see much info regarding just upgrading from < 10.9.1 to > 10.9.2, so I just did it, and now I can't boot to it xD

I'm getting 'osxaptiofixdrv' error: "requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block"...

what would you recommend I do? I have this installed alongside W8.1 so I can't format the whole drive but I could do the partition if necessary. I'm currently rebuilding a unibeast drive atm.

Thanks
I remember getting that error before, try deleting some kexts in the Clover folder in the EFI partition.

gazzacbr
05-20-2014, 08:07 AM
...I didn't see much info regarding just upgrading from < 10.9.1 to > 10.9.2, so I just did it, and now I can't boot to it xD...

theres actually a whole load of stuff on the internet about upgrading a hack to 10.9.2
and also some clues in this thread.

you need to re-patch the kernel (or use your previous one) and the graphics drivers changed (use previous ones? i use nvidia web ones so didnt affect me)

Areosjc
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks, I'm using a different AppleHDA than the one in your zip that has audio working for me. Do I have to use yours? And here's my ioreg. I don't have a brightness slider in my Display settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biuz046bcpsnkr8/io.ioreg

EDIT: I wasn't sure about the settings in my clover config, so here it is as well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jwd96nbsv7tp0n/config.plist

Well my AppleHDA has subwoofer working I dont know about your other AppleHDA kext, but mine will give you excellent audio output, with very good volume and eq.

For the brightness problem you need to test if the slide inside display settings work, and if is not working please test again using my DSDT/SSDT files, your config file seems right and it has the injected EFI.

Please share another IORegistry save file but this time use IORegistry Exlorer V2 because the one you share before is corrupted (this happens if you use IOregistry v3).

Good Luck

cruzin_cruzing
05-21-2014, 01:26 AM
Well my AppleHDA has subwoofer working I dont know about your other AppleHDA kext, but mine will give you excellent audio output, with very good volume and eq.

For the brightness problem you need to test if the slide inside display settings work, and if is not working please test again using my DSDT/SSDT files, your config file seems right and it has the injected EFI.

Please share another IORegistry save file but this time use IORegistry Exlorer V2 because the one you share before is corrupted (this happens if you use IOregistry v3).

Good Luck
I tried the AppleHDA in your zip and it didn't work for me, both with and without HDAEnabler. I placed all the DSDT and SSDT's from you zip into the patched folder and I don't have a slider at all. Btw I don't have a G750JX I have a G750JW with a 765M, so that might be the problem.

Here's the io saved with 2.1, I hope it works this time: https://www.dropbox.com/s/biuz046bcpsnkr8/io.ioreg

AAndrei
05-21-2014, 04:43 AM
I have AppleHDA working on JW, so that is not your issue. Could you please try to fix S/L/E permissions with kext wizzard?

cruzin_cruzing
05-21-2014, 08:00 AM
I have AppleHDA working on JW, so that is not your issue. Could you please try to fix S/L/E permissions with kext wizzard?
I tried installing it Kext Wizard, but it's still not working for me. I have a different version where mic, subwoofer etc. works but I have to use HDAEnabler.

gazzacbr
05-21-2014, 09:34 AM
@Areosjc: I have also tried the latest files but no luck.
On startup I can see the DSDT/SSDT tables loaded.
Only the trackpad multi-touch worked. No sound device showing and no brightness slider (is that dependant on the new efi string?)
AppleHDA is loaded but not working.
I have the efi string you made for me before for my 3D screen. This is obviuosly diferent from the new one which doesnt start my laptop screen.
Will my DSDT/SSDT be different also because of the internal displayport?
Do I need to make your changes to my own DSDT/SSDT and modify the efi string i use now?
Thanks.

Areosjc
05-21-2014, 05:08 PM
@cruzin_cruzing

Ok lets fix one thing at time, first the sound, try this kext is for 10.9.2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bo1o3amv5f60gk/AppleHDA.kext.zip

Try it using my DSDT and SSDT files, and without HDAEnabler (my DSDT has the correct info injected).

clean and regenerate kextcache.

Please report back as soon as you have some results.

@gazzacbr

The DSDT files must be the same, but always the best is to extract and work all patches in your own DSDT. Try the AppleHDA kext in the above link, and also report back. For the brightness I tried only in No 3D screens but I can provide an EFI string specially for you. Ill post it here as soon as I get it.

@all

I recommend to use an iMac model in smbios because this will prevent some problems with videos in apples apps.
we can still use the info for the macbook pro inside the IOPlatformplugin kext. Try using iMac 14,2 and this file inside Resources folder on the X86PlatformPlugin kext (this is inside plugins folder in the IOPlatformPlugin Kext)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcuosl5vmvhwkkn/Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist.zip

If you have the patched kernel for XCPM please remove any NullCPUPM kext you need have the X86PlatformPlugin kext loaded and in your console in boot log this two messages "XCPM: registered" and "IOPPF: XCPM mode" to be sure all the CPU Power management is working.

Good Luck

cruzin_cruzing
05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
That AppleHDA kext didn't work for me either. I installed with Kext Wizard and repaired kernel cache. Here's the one I'm using with HDAEnabler:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0lel935vgqmgp7/AAAXoPjuyTTCq5VV4w2Y9qHGa

As for power management, I'm not using any NullCPUPM kexts but I only have one of those messages in system.log, the XCPM: Registered one. All PlatformPlugin kexts seem to be loaded just fine. I also switched to the iMac smbios at your suggestion.

Areosjc
05-21-2014, 09:32 PM
That AppleHDA kext didn't work for me either. I installed with Kext Wizard and repaired kernel cache. Here's the one I'm using with HDAEnabler:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d0lel935vgqmgp7/AAAXoPjuyTTCq5VV4w2Y9qHGa

As for power management, I'm not using any NullCPUPM kexts but I only have one of those messages in system.log, the XCPM: Registered one. All PlatformPlugin kexts seem to be loaded just fine. I also switched to the iMac smbios at your suggestion.

if the applehda doest work for you please recheck what are you doing, because those kext are exactly the same Im using and it works great here

For the CPUPM check inside your IOReg and look for CPU0@0 device if XCPM is loaded and attached to your CPU you should see the X86PlatformPlugin there.

Or install all over again, and share an IOReg with my DSDT/SSDT and with my AppleHDA loaded please.

Good Luck

cruzin_cruzing
05-21-2014, 09:47 PM
if the applehda doest work for you please recheck what are you doing, because those kext are exactly the same Im using and it works great here

For the CPUPM check inside your IOReg and look for CPU0@0 device if XCPM is loaded and attached to your CPU you should see the X86PlatformPlugin there.

Or install all over again, and share an IOReg with my DSDT/SSDT and with my AppleHDA loaded please.

Good Luck
Here's the new ioreg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65eq4v73m7lr9cm/io-newapplehda.ioreg

It appears I don't have the x86PlatformPlugin attached but the ACPI one instead.

Areosjc
05-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Here's the new ioreg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65eq4v73m7lr9cm/io-newapplehda.ioreg

It appears I don't have the x86PlatformPlugin attached but the ACPI one instead.

Change your USB settings, to Legacy USB to Disable and XHCI mode to Enabled please, and deactivate the GenerickUSB kext what boot loader are you using?

I had some AppleHDA problems because shared IRQ with USB some time ago.

please share and IOReg, I have some time now to help you

Good luck