PDA

View Full Version : Removing stutter/lag from games while increasing performance

BladeZero
09-02-2011, 03:19 AM
When running a game, window out of the game, press ctrl+alt+delete then go into task manager, select the process of the game, right click on it, go to set priority and set to High. You will be prompted to say ok as it says your system could possibly be unstable. Since I notice the system could possibly get unstable I would just restart after being done with the game.

This will greatly reduce stutter/lag from games and it will incease your performance!

If anyone knows a more permanent solution let me know or if there is anything causes the need to set this option.

Ferosin
09-02-2011, 06:18 AM
You can use a program called process lasso to permanently set affinity to each program, some folders use it for F@H but I do not have any personal experience with it.

Do you have a program running while your gaming that could be using up your cpu resources

BladeZero
09-02-2011, 07:33 AM
I have no other backround applications running. Wireless disabled. Intel Proset services disabled. Intel RST disabled. Windows defender disabled. System Restore disabled. Windows search, windows gadget, and Windows Tablet uninstalled. Wlan autoconfig disabled. I even tweaked the services via the settings from blackviper.com. No antivirus. Running on a clean install of Windows 7 for about a week and half. All recent drivers updated.

So with minimal processes running in the backround this still helps. It seems as though no matter what Windows 7 isn't putting all of it's effort towards the game. So setting process affinity to High seems like a good option while gaming.

Croesus
09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the tip. But honestly, without these tweaks, only OC, I personally don't find the need to boost performance since most of the games already run smooth in Ultra settings. Perhaps only a handful like Metro 2033 or The Witcher 2. As for tweaking Services and turning off stuff in the background, there's a reason why our G74 has 3gb VRAM and 16gb RAM. Heck I don't think we can utilize that much anyway :D. Will keep that tip in the back burner nevertheless. Might come handy when Battlefield 3 hits the shelves.