PDA

View Full Version : G74 Model Clarification

ASKANISON40
09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm currently in the market for a Laptop and I am really leaning toward the G74. I was just on the main ASUS site and I can't find what I'm looking for. I need a G74 configured with a Blu-Ray Burner but I do not need or want the 3D option. Is there a G74 model variation that fits that criteria? Or will I just have to buy a standard G74 and upgrade the optical drive with a blu-ray burner myself? I would like to do everything in one shot, but I have yet to find that specific configuration. Any help or clarification on this will be appreciated. Thanks.

lvfmc
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
I bought mine with prostar, they upgraded the cpu for me (i7 2820), 16Gb memory, bluray buner and other stuff, is a great store, the pc came in 5 days, I'm living in NC and the store is in CA, if you want to change the configuration, I recomend they.
The site is www.pro-star.com
I hope that it helps you.

Chu
09-09-2011, 02:45 PM
The G74SX-XT1 is the cheapest model I've found that has a Blu-Ray drive pre-installed. I bought mine from Tigerdirect.com (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=637440) and it arrived yesterday. Ask me if you have any questions.