PDA

View Full Version : Deleted ASUS Recovery | What to do?

Totemized
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi! I contacted ASUS regarding a problem that I had with my Asus G750 and they told me to do a recovery.
After the conversation I went back to my laptop to search for the software called Recovery. It wasnt there.

When I first got my laptop, I started running a software that told me what I could - and could'nt delete. And Recovery clearly was deleted in that process.

Is there a way to do the recovery without the actual software? Or any way to 'Recover the Recovery' software?

Thanks!
Isak

Maxter
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Are you sure you deleted the recovery partition? It actually takes some serious work to do that... In Win8, everything changed. Go to "Change PC Settings" and then click the "General Tab" on the left side. There you'll find the options for recovery. In Win8, everything is controlled by the OS (I don't like it... but that's what microsoft gives us).

Totemized
11-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Are you sure you deleted the recovery partition? It actually takes some serious work to do that... In Win8, everything changed. Go to "Change PC Settings" and then click the "General Tab" on the left side. There you'll find the options for recovery. In Win8, everything is controlled by the OS (I don't like it... but that's what microsoft gives us).

Thank you so much!
I'll try that tonight.

Yeah, Im not a 100% used to Windows 8 myself yet. Any knownledge of when Win 8.1 will be available on the g750?

villiansv
11-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you so much!
Any knownledge of when Win 8.1 will be available on the g750?
It is already. Check the Store metro app, it'll show up there somewhere.

Maxter
11-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Be aware that some drivers are not yet compatible with WIn8.1. As you'll see here in the forums, there are several people that updated and are ok, but also several that updated and are stuck and can't use some software/hardware that came with their systems. So, update to 8.1 in an educated manner, not just to update.