PDA

View Full Version : G750JX, can you upgrade SSD???

MusTard
11-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Hello! So, I decided to buy G750JX-T4073, which is identical to T4229 BUT has no SSD compared to T4229.

My question is : can I add aditional SSD later on inside, does it have 2 drive slots?

Goin to pick it up in 2 days so please reply, thanks

Regards

Maxter
11-07-2013, 05:57 PM
G750 series comes with 2 bays indeed. Unless you are already using both, there would be another one open for whatever you want to add later on.

MusTard
11-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know!

Pitcher@asus
11-08-2013, 03:45 AM
you can add SSD to G750 laptop, about general spec, please visit our support site as http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/#specifications

Duke of Alinor
11-08-2013, 05:14 AM
OK, I am the bad boy here. No, you cannot, at least I have been unable to add an SSD as a boot drive.
1) Asus does not give you a Windows key number
2) Win 8 has secure boot and the key is in the BIOS which will not be recognized when you reinstall Win8, or
at least mine was not. The sequence is to pull the old HDD, change the BIOS out of secure boot, enable CSM (so you can boot the install CD) then install Win8. But at that point I fail, no key, no way to get 8.1
3) If you put the original drive back in it boots, the SSD will not be booted unless you manually choose it every time.

Read the forums here if you don't believe me. I would get the SSD installed from the factory because even at minimum wage you will be money ahead.

reka121402
11-08-2013, 04:35 PM
OK, I am the bad boy here. No, you cannot, at least I have been unable to add an SSD as a boot drive.
1) Asus does not give you a Windows key number
2) Win 8 has secure boot and the key is in the BIOS which will not be recognized when you reinstall Win8, or
at least mine was not. The sequence is to pull the old HDD, change the BIOS out of secure boot, enable CSM (so you can boot the install CD) then install Win8. But at that point I fail, no key, no way to get 8.1
3) If you put the original drive back in it boots, the SSD will not be booted unless you manually choose it every time.

Read the forums here if you don't believe me. I would get the SSD installed from the factory because even at minimum wage you will be money ahead.

Or you can just use Asus Backtracker like the rest of us. Clone the drive onto USB, remove old drive, put in ssd, Asus BT does it's thing on boot and DONE!

It's actually very simple, don't spread misinformation.

(edit: Oh, and Windows 8 will auto detect the key imbedded into the bios, W8.1 upgrade also does this. If you have a new store bought W8 disk you are trying to use then there are programs that can extract the from windows before you wipe the drive, solving the Windows key issue)