PDA

View Full Version : Question about G74 backlit keyboard

Teacher Dude
09-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi all,

I was hoping some members can shed light on this before I do something crazy like return my G74. First of all, I love it. It has been an awesome experience thusfar. I've had it for about a week and it truly meets my expectations.

I just noticed today when I was playing with the lights off in the room, that the backlit keyboard seems great except for one thing : The spacebar doesnt seem to light it completly. The left side of the spacebar, where the little guy is jumping, seems illuminated enough, but as you progress from left to right, the glow doesnt get very far(about as far as the little guy)

I guess what I'm trying to find out is if that deliberate from Asus or are the lights(LEDS?) under the spacebar going bad?
If its a defect, I'll return it and get a new one. If not, no worries.

Any information/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TD

m1lkb0ne
09-03-2011, 10:42 PM
My G74SX does the same thing; I think the idea is that the placement of the keyboard-illuminating LEDs is "optimized" to light up the key labels. In the case of the spacebar, there's just that tiny label on the left, and nothing on the right, so the illumination is particularly uneven.

I think it's a "design problem" rather than a defect in your particular machine.

Teacher Dude
09-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Thank you for the reply. Now, I'm going to sit back and continue to enjoy our great machine.

Regards,

TD

viperz
09-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I seem to have a problem where my backlit keyboard only works sometimes, does anyone else have a problem with this? If it does not turn on i try to use the fn key and hit the brighten keyboard keyf4 I believe and nothing, just wondering if i need to do something to this or return it because of defects.

Chastity@ASUS
09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
If it blinks on/off at POST then the hardware is working properly.

You may need to cycle the Lights control (1st of teh upper 3 keys) When it says All Lights On, then hit FN+F4. If this does not work, uninstall your ATK Package, reboot, then install ATK Package 1.0.0.00010

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_64_Z100010.zip

viperz
09-27-2011, 08:50 AM
If it blinks on/off at POST then the hardware is working properly.

You may need to cycle the Lights control (1st of teh upper 3 keys) When it says All Lights On, then hit FN+F4. If this does not work, uninstall your ATK Package, reboot, then install ATK Package 1.0.0.00010

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_Win7_64_Z100010.zip

Ok Thank you I will try and let you know how it goes