PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Touchpad...

AsusUser
09-03-2011, 04:40 AM
I bought this laptop very recently, and I've been impressed by most of it, especially the video card and the cooling system.

However, I've been extremely disappointed by the touchpad. At first I blew it off as "oh first time use touchpads are difficult," but now after 2 months of use, I know for sure that my touchpad is absolute trash.

Is this a common problem?

Chastity@ASUS
09-03-2011, 05:43 AM
You may have the infamous glue issue. What make of tp do you have, and what model of lappy?

AsusUser
09-03-2011, 09:07 PM
G74SX laptop, Sentelic touchpad version 9.0.2.7

AsusUser
09-07-2011, 09:59 AM
No offense, but should I expect to get any help here, or is my best bet to try to return the damn thing?

Naits
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
now why would you buy this laptop if you were going to use the touchpad 2 months straight? I have it disabled by default.. my razer mamba does the job perfectly! this is a gaming laptop, and who play's any games at all with a touchpad o.0 using the touchpad reduces efficiency significantly no matter what task you are doing on your computer

JRd1st
09-07-2011, 03:11 PM
No offense, but should I expect to get any help here, or is my best bet to try to return the damn thing?

What exactly are your issues? Just saying the touchpad is trash doesn't really give us much to go on.

tripinva
09-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Chastity is in the middle of a move. She would be the person most likely to have an answer on here.

now why would you buy this laptop if you were going to use the touchpad 2 months straight?

People who buy a portable computer tend to use it on the go when there may not be a place for a mouse.

Gaming laptops don't have a "must use for gaming" requirement attached. I bought mine for the big screen, nice design, and powerful processors for number crunching.

I have it disabled by default.. my razer mamba does the job perfectly! this is a gaming laptop, and who play's any games at all with a touchpad o.0

I played all the way through Portal 2 on the touchpad, no sweat.

- Trip

AsusUser
09-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry, I figured if I had problems with mine the problem would be common. Basically what happens is when i need to move the pointer a little, I'll start slowly sliding my finger across the pad. The pointer will not respond at first, then jump way across the screen. Also, occasionally the entire touchpad will stop working, sending the pointer all over the screen no matter where I try to move it. When this happens, the mouse works. Turning the touchpad on and off, plugging and unplugging the mouse, and any variation of that doesn't help. The only way to fix it is a hard restart. But even then, it just doesn't seem to be as precise as most other touchpads on the market. Clicking anything small with it just seems way more difficult than it should be.

JRd1st
09-08-2011, 11:43 PM
I see you're using the old driver so go to http://usa.asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G74SX/#download and get v9.1.3.5 and install it. Also get ATK Package 1.0.00010 (07/22/11) from this post http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1150-G73-74-53-Series-Driver-and-Application-Reference and install that.

I think that may fix you up. Let us know. ;)