PDA

View Full Version : Do I really have to do this fixing and updating thing when I buy this laptop?

LeonardoTan
11-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Hi, is it really so many problems with this laptop? I live in Germany and going to buy a gaming notebook.

Maxter
11-11-2013, 08:33 PM
What fixing and updating are you talking about?

chrsplmr
11-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Welcome to ROG ..
Play it and enjoy it ..
If you wish to reduce the 'bloatware' or otherwise 'tweak' it in anyway ..
worry not .. the forum is here friend.
Otherwise, it is made to play 'out of the box'.
'We' are Republic of Gamers .. lol .. some of 'we' must shave a nanoSecond
off of everything or get that 1 last frame per second .. it is our way.c.

Pitcher@asus
11-12-2013, 03:36 AM
what model do you want to buy?

LeonardoTan
11-12-2013, 09:21 AM
I want to buy the jh model, on second thought I think I just go with the jw, because I need to save my money for the games. So what is your recomendation?

Flea0
11-12-2013, 10:54 AM
I'd suggest going for the mid tier and going for the JX. It's still a lot cheaper than the JH but the extra performance should be noticeable.

Bozzified
11-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I want to buy the jh model, on second thought I think I just go with the jw, because I need to save my money for the games. So what is your recomendation?

Another reason you want to go with JX is because JX comes with a standard SSD slot in the Drive 1 bay. The JH comes with proprietary ASUS MSATA modules you can't upgrade on JH so you are stuck with a very bad decision by ASUS. Why they didn't include standard MSATA modules so you can upgrade them is beyond me.

GTX770M is plenty powerful to run almost everything on ultra in 1920x1080 resolution.

CamainDK
11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Another reason you want to go with JX is because JX comes with a standard SSD slot in the Drive 1 bay. The JH comes with proprietary ASUS MSATA modules you can't upgrade on JH so you are stuck with a very bad decision by ASUS. Why they didn't include standard MSATA modules so you can upgrade them is beyond me.

GTX770M is plenty powerful to run almost everything on ultra in 1920x1080 resolution.

My JH dont have any Msata, 2 regular slots for sata disks.

Pulled the SSHD out, put a SSD in, and moved the SSHD to secondary slot ans used it as slavedrive..

Regards

Jesper B