PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, how to clean my g750jh

Krino
11-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi, is it safe to just blow some compressed air through the vents?
i only have a can of compressed air as available resource to clean my laptop. if it isn't really necessary i don't want to open up my laptop, i am not really a techie guy and worried that i might break the machine in the process. i also own a vacuum cleaner but ive read here in the internet that it is actually bad to use a vacuum near a computer because of it's "electricity".

how can i maintain a good hygiene for my laptop?
is it better not using an air can at all? (they say it would push the dust more inside)
what alternatives do i have? and can someone please share if there is some kind of a video that would show a simil arway of cleaning this particular model. thanks.

MrRuckus
11-12-2013, 03:15 AM
Canned air is fine to use. Or even an air compressor (which is what I use). As long as the can is never tilted or upside down where you get the liquid instead of air.

I use something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1CK1072718

I bought some small LCD microfiber pads from Newegg some time ago. I dont see them anymore, but they work great on laptops. I used them on my previous ROG laptops as well. I sold my old ROG laptops to a friend and he always commented on how they looked brand new. I use my laptop everyday but like to keep it clean. A simple microfiber cloth would due to the trick fine. I did use Windex every once in a while on the outside (sparingly though) and it worked fine. The keyboard on the G750 is even easier to clean since its one big metal plate.

As long as you don't man handle it and don't use something like paint thinner, you should be fine.

Krino
11-12-2013, 03:21 AM
thanks for the help, but i think i didn't elaborate the problem enough. i wasn't interested on cleaning the outer part of my laptop, i was worried of how i could properly clean the fan inside ( to avoid overheating) since it probably has some dust inside already. but now that we're at it, what difference would it make to use a special cloth like you suggested rather than an ordinary cloth to clean the outside of my laptop, is it really worth buying one or using anything to wipe my laptop is good enough? thanks for the response Ruckus.

Dr. Zchivago
11-12-2013, 03:28 AM
The best solution I've come up with so far (G55vw) is to insert a stainless steel wire (thin and super stiff) through the rear vents to prevent the fan blades from spinning, and blowing the system out with a 200 psi air compressor.

I have a dryer/filter in-line - I'm not totally crazy.