PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JW - upgraded to windows 8.1 and bluetooth not working [solved ?]

andrewf141
11-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi when I bought the laptop I immediately installed my mouse which works with bluetooth. Then I upgraded it to windows 8.1 and from that time onwards I cannot connect anything to bluetooth. Also when I enter the bluetooth settings the switch which used to appear from where you can switch it on/off has gone. It just says that it is looking for new devices but does not find any. Any idea please? Thankyou -would really appreciate any help

cl-Albert
11-12-2013, 05:07 PM
There aren't a lot of Win8.1 drivers posted yet, but if you haven't already, try the Win8.1 bluetooth driver from the ASUS G750JW download site that is posted at http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax (you still need to type in your G750JW model and hit search)?

Maxter
11-12-2013, 05:23 PM
if the bluetooth driver is not available for the JW, check if they have it available for the JX version. You could use their version instead (most drivers between all G750 are pretty much the same)

cheatermclaggin
11-12-2013, 06:27 PM
I had same problem you have to manually uninstall the old driver and install the new one the driver is in asus support section of the site mine was the broadcom driver oddly i had updated it before i upgrade to 8.1 but they made me uninstall them and reinstall.

andrewf141
11-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Thank you very much - installed the Qualcomm Atheros drive and now everything is back to normal!! By any chance - any idea if i should download any other drives for other problems which I have not found out yet? Thank you all once again!

Maxter
11-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Thank you very much - installed the Qualcomm Atheros drive and now everything is back to normal!! By any chance - any idea if i should download any other drives for other problems which I have not found out yet? Thank you all once again!

You probably want to do it with all drivers available at the website... This way you ensure stability :D