PDA

View Full Version : G74Sx Glossy Display vs G750JH Matte - You decide.

MrRuckus
11-12-2013, 11:47 PM
I decided to do this to compare the Matte of the G750 to the Glossy of the G74. As you can see, there really is not that big of a difference. I could also do a black background if you would like. The white background may not have been the best because it made my phone dim the rest of the picture pretty bad. Heh. Both displays @ 100% brightness.

My G750 on Left. My coworkers G74 on right.

bloowhalez
11-13-2013, 01:22 AM
definitely the one on the left. I like the newer screen. It doesnt seem as bright but I like dark blacks and not a washed out look. I think the g750 is more natural. I use it on the lowest brightness most of the time.

Nehmia
11-13-2013, 06:53 AM
after owning a G75VW with a matte screen, I would never buy a matte screen again, the colors look so pale and the whole screen looks as if someone spilled grease on it. esepcially whites look like theyh ave little rainbow dots everywhere

so much happier with my new 3D screen @ 120 Hz. it feels so real

cruzin_cruzing
11-13-2013, 08:08 AM
You would probably only really see the difference if there's some bright background light or sunlight.

MrRuckus
11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
I think its a shame that they have such a variation in the model #'s. Even a G750, you have what, 3 or 4 different variations of a screen you could end up with? I know some are model specific, such as the 3D display, but to have a couple different matte versions of a screen manufactured by different companies, just seems like it could lead to consumer confusion.

Best Buy versions are even more of a mess. I remember a G51 I had at one point I was told would not take a C2Q, when the retail non Best Buy model would, the mobo's were supposedly different?

If they could be a little more universal, I think it would help. But I know they want to target as many parts of the market as possible, whether it be low cost or high. What are ya gonna do I guess.

ebin_os
12-24-2013, 09:06 PM
heya all, me to i have G74sx and now i have G750JH , and i see a bad change on display :( .. in this G750JH my display have colors in the fog cleared , don`t like . i need to change gama to +0.90 and , only me have this display or all? is broked maybe ? sry for my english!

SHADO
12-24-2013, 11:06 PM
I decided to do this to compare the Matte of the G750 to the Glossy of the G74. As you can see, there really is not that big of a difference. I could also do a black background if you would like. The white background may not have been the best because it made my phone dim the rest of the picture pretty bad. Heh. Both displays @ 100% brightness.

My G750 on Left. My coworkers G74 on right.

With photos that small, who can actually tell for sure?

installer
12-24-2013, 11:35 PM

Not all that helpfull because after all it depends on the display you are viewing the pic's on!