PDA

View Full Version : Livio Connect after Windows 8.1 Update in the Device Manager ?!

mirovb23
11-13-2013, 12:52 PM
i've updated my G750JH from Windows 8 to 8.1 X64. There are no problems and all runs smooth.
But after the Update there is an unknown Device in the Device Manager named "Livio_Connect", at the Top of the List, signed with a "?".

Does anyone know what is this ?! I didn't find any driver for this device ?! Has Anyone the same in the Device Manager ?!

etodorov
11-27-2013, 07:13 PM
I have N750JV and yesterday I noticed LIVIO_CONNECT under Other devices. I have no idea where did it come from.

cl-Albert
11-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Check the Livio Connect website http://livioconnect.com/ if you haven't already, but sounds like it is an app that helps your notebook communicate with your phone or car radio if you have anything like this.

jamesbond00769
12-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Did anyone find out what that device was? Got the same here

bri5150
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Having same problem. Anyone find driver for this? Or even know what it is?

wella
01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
me as well .....no answer !!

jgrover
02-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Hey guys! This is Joey from Livio. My coworker found this post and thought it was a little odd. But I think I have an idea on what's going on.

So, Livio Connect is an API that lets smartphone apps talk with hardware, certain apps have this library integrated. That means phones that have one of those apps have a service with a registered bluetooth UUID, the Livio Connect service UUID. If another piece of hardware uses SDP (Service Discovery Profile) to find bluetooth services it will see the Livio UUID.

I don't really know what's going on with Windows, but my guess is that it is performing a bluetooth service discovery, finds the Livio Connect UUID and then adds it as an unknown device (which is an odd behavior).

So there's no driver for this and probably best ignored. (he said with no implication of guarantee or warranty) :cool:

The only other case would be dependent on what bluetooth chipset the computer uses since Livio Connect was implemented in a few Bluetooth chip SDK's. Though that seems like a stretch.

cl-Albert
02-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the information Joey!

Not sure how far we will get, but was hoping we could get someone to look into it on our end if we can find a way to duplicate the problem.
My G750JW did not show this error in device manager after upgrading to Win8.1, so hoping to get a better idea when it happens and how to catch it.

If it matters, the same notebook series can use different wireless and bluetooth hardware/drivers, so wonder if this will make a difference.

Sorry, I'm not much of a software person, but was wondering if the Livio Connect API would normally be included as part of Win8/8.1, and if not what kind of apps (or drivers?) you think it will be included with or how it gets into the system (is third party app most likely or drivers just as likely?), etc.

ifhuertas10
07-30-2014, 05:06 PM
This problem appears when you install your cellphone software, but it's only visual, because you can use your cellphone normally by using wire, bluetooth or other media. Personally I proved with an LG Smartphone. So, don´t worry because this is not a real problem of ASUS software or hardware. Bye.