PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card question

Viseryon
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I have the G75VW, and from what I see graphics cards are pretty much like COD games where a new one comes out every year. I bought this computer earlier this year, it was the best one in my price range. The ram I feel like I am good for atleast a few more years. Pretty much everything except the graphics card. So my question is, even if it is difficult, would it be possible to upgrade to one of the newer versions?

The best ROG laptop I can find on Amazon has the Nvidia GTX780M 4GB GDDR5. It also has abit more Ram. But it was $1000 more than the one I got, so very far out of my price range. Could I take it to a computer shop and have them put this one in for me? Or atleast one newer than the 660m.

TotalONE
11-13-2013, 04:50 PM
From what I was reading on another forums and here its possible but very difficult and almost impossible find parts for. Reason been if I remember correctly was something have to do with a mother board and the way it was placed. It happen to be that video card is hard to access and you'll have to latterly disable entire laptop. Unlike alienware, asus is one time deal.

Pitcher@asus
11-14-2013, 02:33 AM
asus have not agree you replace GPU, it is void warranty, but i know some people do it, you can search google or ROG here.