PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection Deterioration (G750JW)

Xerali
11-14-2013, 12:48 AM
I've perused these forums, but haven't found a particular fix for my issue.

My g750JW's connection to my wireless network frequently deteriorates to a fraction of its speed for no particular reason. No other device on my network is suffering this latency; only this computer.

I've tried adjusting a few things on my Broadcom 802.11ac, but it hasn't helped permamently. The connection speed will peak at what it should be, then dip back down to a slow crawl (wherin a 35 megabyte download will take as long as 10 minutes.)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My drivers are up to date. The fact that my internet WILL, at times, operate at the correct speed suggests that this isn't a hardware error. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Maxter
11-14-2013, 02:47 AM
are you working on battery? There is an option to control the power and roaming of the wifi card while on battery and usage dependent. Check that out. In terms of the drivers, I think the latest wifi drivers are actually offered via the windows update rather than the ASUS website (I know... weird...)

Xerali
11-14-2013, 03:26 AM
I was working off AC power, and the most recent drivers I'd installed were through Windows Update, rather than ASUS (I agree, weird!)

I managed to resolve this issue by digging into the advanced options in the Broadcom 802.11ac adapter's options. I changed the IBSS Mode from "802.11a/b only" to "802.11a/b/g/n Auto." I figure, then, that the problem was the limitation of my router, combined with the default settings on the network adapter. Network speeds are consistent at their top-end, since doing this, and I didn't have to fiddle any further with the drivers.

Pitcher@asus
11-14-2013, 03:44 AM
could you install 6.30.223.99 try again, also do the test like distance, other router..

Maxter
11-14-2013, 03:48 AM
I was working off AC power, and the most recent drivers I'd installed were through Windows Update, rather than ASUS (I agree, weird!)

I managed to resolve this issue by digging into the advanced options in the Broadcom 802.11ac adapter's options. I changed the IBSS Mode from "802.11a/b only" to "802.11a/b/g/n Auto." I figure, then, that the problem was the limitation of my router, combined with the default settings on the network adapter. Network speeds are consistent at their top-end, since doing this, and I didn't have to fiddle any further with the drivers.

nice. You can also change some of these options so they work one way for AC and another way for battery. It's through the power options on Win8.

l2apsux
12-12-2013, 02:27 AM
i am having this same issue(or similar to) and this did not solve it. same model. g750-jw my internet speeds have not exceeded 4 mb / sec since i got this... never owned an asus rog notebook before this. got minimal help when i called support.not even sure exactly what im supposed to do. its apparently still under manufacturers warranty but i get to pay shipping on faulty product that was a gift. people talk trash about dell and its customer service lol... i miss my XPS now. is it too much for a gamer to ask that i get a definitive answer? i even have an rma number.... Q~Q.....

PLEASE dont give me the LMGTFY stuff. ive spent days researching this and i just want my laptop to work when i get to moving.
if a mod or technition could intervene on a one on one level that would even float my cookie...