PDA

View Full Version : Asus G47Sx-V3G: TDR, Graphics Corruption and BSOD

Sonie
09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having some issues with this notebook for a while - straight out of the box.

At first I thought the graphics corruption was caused by bad drivers but after installing multiple display drivers (both from Asus Support and Nvidia). Also thought the latest BIOS update would cure the issue but it hasn't.

I have done a complete reformat and re-installed windows 7 and all of the drivers, I have resorted going back to reinstalling the computer from out of the box using the disks created with the backup tool.

These issues are generally associated with applications that are associated with graphics:
- Gaming - Generally happens if I alt-tab into or out of a game, on map load (TDR), if I close a game shortly after it happens (graphics corruption)
- Windows 7 Aero (disabling aero seems to delay the onset of these issues).

Graphics corruption is the first symptom, TDR than follows and eventually a Blue Screen.

I'm not sure what to do now, I'm fairly hesitant to RMA because from what I've heard it takes a long time, but at this time it seems like the only option.

Chastity@ASUS
09-04-2011, 04:01 PM
For starters, disable the AutoUpdate and Web Storage tools. Better off doing the updates manually.

2nd, what game are we referring to?

Sonie
09-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the reply,

Counter-Strike: Source - game would run fine, but afterwards after exiting the program it would load the desktop and a few seconds after everything would appear distorted like seen in the image. Alt-Tab seems to cause the same issues.

Company of Heroes - Game runs fine until you start a map where the game would just hang because the display driver would crash and restart (TDR issues).

I've disabled the ASUS live auto updater.

Sonie
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Well, I've redownloaded the asus modified display driver from the asus support website, its fixed issues with a distorted desktop, but TDRs are constant and unbearable, watching a recorded TV show (recorded from another computer) with aero disabled had driver recoveries once every like 30 seconds.

I think the best solution is to RMA or see what I can do in terms of a refund/exchange.