PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Buying guidance ! Urgent Help needed !

rajeshtechfreak
11-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Guys the main issue that I'm facing here is that I don't know whether to go for this budget friendly ( for a gaming laptop ) G750JX or to just buy a normal mid range i7 4th gen laptop with a decent graphic card 80k in india (about 1400USD ) that can't play even BF4 on high and has 5400rpm hard drives !

at about 600USD more and a lot of goodies like Nvidia 3d vision etc coming with it .. Should i go for this gaming rig ? Or just buy a laptop with decent specs for coding and get a desktop gaming rig ? I've had a desktop for long and i need portability .
I'm really confused . Help me guys ! I can't make a decision !

will the g750jx set me going for like 5 years ? Being able to play games atleast on low settings that time ?

Do you guys think that in a year there will be thin mid range laptops having the same GTX 770 ??
If that's what its going to be like then i wouldn't be happy carrying around a big one when a lighter one can have the same specs ! I saw this happen with the Alienware m14x and the Dell Inspiron 7000 series 7537 ( a year later )

Help will be appreciated guys !

villiansv
11-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Might want to consider a light portable (and cheaper) laptop for work, and a ps4/xb1 for gaming. The console is the only future-proof gaming investment.

Shawnnepc
11-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Guys the main issue that I'm facing here is that I don't know whether to go for this budget friendly ( for a gaming laptop ) G750JX or to just buy a normal mid range i7 4th gen laptop with a decent graphic card 80k in india (about 1400USD ) that can't play even BF4 on high and has 5400rpm hard drives !

at about 600USD more and a lot of goodies like Nvidia 3d vision etc coming with it .. Should i go for this gaming rig ? Or just buy a laptop with decent specs for coding and get a desktop gaming rig ? I've had a desktop for long and i need portability .
I'm really confused . Help me guys ! I can't make a decision !

will the g750jx set me going for like 5 years ? Being able to play games atleast on low settings that time ?

Do you guys think that in a year there will be thin mid range laptops having the same GTX 770 ??
If that's what its going to be like then i wouldn't be happy carrying around a big one when a lighter one can have the same specs ! I saw this happen with the Alienware m14x and the Dell Inspiron 7000 series 7537 ( a year later )

Help will be appreciated guys !

Your best bet is to grab a smaller ultraportable for your work & build a desktop for games.

Laptops tend to lose their relevancy much quicker than desktops.

Also depending on your location (I don't know much about India) , you might be able to stream your desktop games to something like the NVIDIA SHIELD.

rajeshtechfreak
11-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Your best bet is to grab a smaller ultraportable for your work & build a desktop for games.

Laptops tend to lose their relevancy much quicker than desktops.

Also depending on your location (I don't know much about India) , you might be able to stream your desktop games to something like the NVIDIA SHIELD.

No nvidia shield here !
So the Gaming Laptops are just a waste of money is it ?
In terms of usage for a longer period of time ?