PDA

View Full Version : G750JH Keyboard backlighting

MatG
11-14-2013, 05:58 PM
Hi, anyone knows if theres an option to adjust the time for Keyboard Backlight ?

Think my ROG is way to fast to turn the backlight off :(

And why is there not an easy option to do a clean install of Win8. Not at single DVD or anything like it, just a recover partition on the SSD-Drive.. Come on ASUS, not even the code is to found unless you install a "keyfinder" tool.

Anyone knows what version of Windows 8 they preinstalled..??
(the most cheap version, i guess)

Maxter
11-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Make sure the latest ATK package is installed (from support.asus.com). The adjustment buttons are Fn+F3 (lowering/shutoff) and Fn+F4 to increase levels. There are 3 levels + off.

Maxter
11-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Anyone knows what version of Windows 8 they preinstalled..??
(the most cheap version, i guess)

It comes with plain Win8. There is not really much blotware with the computer other than the standard ASUS software, quick uninstall and it's like a clean install. Truth is this Win8 seems like Win7 Pro to me... o.O (with the useless Metro of course; I control it with Classic Shell)

villiansv
11-14-2013, 06:40 PM
I remember reading on this forum that >>downgrading<< to the previous version of ATK allowed you to never have the backlight turn off (with the latest it times out after 1 minute of inactivity). Haven't tried it myself though.

Pitcher@asus
11-15-2013, 02:39 AM
i think asus make recover partition, it is more convenient for user recover back system, just press F9. if you want to know windows version, i think you chekc computer information you will be knowing.
please install ATK driver, it is able to control backligh by press Fn+F3/F4

MatG
11-15-2013, 08:01 AM
I remember reading on this forum that >>downgrading<< to the previous version of ATK allowed you to never have the backlight turn off (with the latest it times out after 1 minute of inactivity). Haven't tried it myself though.

Maybe i'll try that.. Thx for info :-)

There should be an option to adjust the "timeout" for keyboard backlight!

MatG
11-15-2013, 08:34 AM
It comes with plain Win8. There is not really much blotware with the computer other than the standard ASUS software, quick uninstall and it's like a clean install. Truth is this Win8 seems like Win7 Pro to me... o.O (with the useless Metro of course; I control it with Classic Shell)

Yea, u are right..but i like to have the option to make a clean/fresh install if and when i like to do so.
I don't understand why they u don't get the Windows 8 code on a label or something like that?

MrRuckus
11-15-2013, 07:15 PM
I also wonder why the keyboard back light timeout is so short? My older G74 I dont think timed out until PWM kicked in. Also a quick move of the cursor brings the backlight back. Just an annoyance really.