PDA

View Full Version : New G750-JX Dead after 3 hrs

chewoot
11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum but i am hoping someone may give some advice.
Yesterday i received my nice new G750-JX laptop. So as normal set it up on the desk plugged in and away we go. Downloaded all the updates from Windows and also 8.1 so it was a fresh system before I loaded any else on.
Updating the Mcaffe software when all of a sudden the system hung, a pop came from the rear right of the laptop and a nice acrid smell of electrical burn filled the room, this is within 3hrs of turning the laptop on for the first time. (I didn’t even have time to register the laptop with ASUS)
Since that moment the laptop is dead, nothing is happening, no power lights no life at all.
I am ringing ASUS at 9am this morning as soon as they open, I take it I should be asking for a replacement unit not a repair?

Your opinions would be grateful.
Regards
Chewoot

****Now been trying to contact Asus for 20mins, after 5 mins get the message "We are busy at the moment please hold" then get cut off!

CamainDK
11-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Take it to the store where you bought it, have them replace it with a new one??!!

villiansv
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Take it to the store where you bought it, have them replace it with a new one??!!

This.

reka121402
11-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Sounds like the power system inside the laptop shorted and burned out, it is something that should never happen and is impossible for a consumer to have any interaction with unless the laptop was opened.

Contact who you bought it from and return it, if the store is even remotely honorable this will be a simple swap for a new JX.

iweber95
11-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Yes, take it back to the store you got it from. It should be a much simpler process than contacting ASUS.

Good luck friend.

MrRuckus
11-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Man. All sorts of horror stories with the JX version. Feel sorry for you guys.

my G74Sx did something similar and the mobo had to be replaced. I was a year out though and had to send it in (shipping was $50 insured with no battery! crazy!). I would take it back where ya got it if yer within the first 30days and just get it swapped. Good luck on the replacement!

chrsplmr
11-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Chewoot. Welcome to ROG.

Are you still here ?? lol. Return it to the retailer ASAP.
[Most have at least a 30day return policies]

Best of Luck. Keep us 'posted'.c.

chewoot
11-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Just to update everyone. I purchased from Asus direct not from a retailer. Apart from taking over an hour to get someone from customer service the experience has been very good.

I explained the situation and they immediately offered a replacement. They will deliver a new laptop to me and collect the dead one. Awesome service ASUS, just get more customer service personnel.

chewoot
11-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Thank you for the welcome, yes all sorted, see below.....

chewoot
11-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Just to update everyone. The broken laptop was collected on Monday and a new unit arrived today. Very please Thx ASUS