PDA

View Full Version : My Asus G74SX XT1 CPU NOT AUTHENTIC

sandman5
09-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Friends, im new here so please bear with me as i state my problem.

see the laptop i purchase comes with an Engineering or Qs sample CPU core i7 extreme
2920xm and i know Asus dont allow that, but This reatiler computerupgrade king say
that they have purchased this cpu from Asus. and i know that is not true. First of all is
Asus allowed to give engineering sample to online etailers. i paid lot of money only to
get genuine products and seeing this is hte only componenet i am dissasitfied with
and that too it was purchased from Ebay please help me out here as i want to if you
can talk to this people and help me get a oem or retail version of this cpu as i have
checked out in my laptoip using 3 softwares aida64 formerly everst, cpuz and intel
cpuid. plus the max frequency i can reach is only 2.5 but this is wrong as this cpu has
the potential to reach 3.5 where as i try to run games and other programes and al i
am i s stuck at 2.49 which is substandard for this cpu.

friends im sure you will agree with me that even a Qulaified sample cpu can oc to 3.2 atleast. im trying all programs to tax the cpu to its maxximum level and all i get is 2.5. how to unlock its potential

even after using powerhybrid gear the max is 2.5 how is that possible and why is 25
given as the max multiplier should it be 35 ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-G74SX-XT1-i7-2920XM-16GB-1-5TB-NVidia-3GB-
please help me out here is i feel betrayed and cheated by this online seller. here is
his link.

sandman5
09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I would like if it one of the mods atleast replied Hello. im newbie here from kuwait who basically has no idea about what to do when i enter into forums. a little help is appreciated. atleast if anyone know any 3rd part software which can help overclocking locked qs extreme version of core i7 2920xm. whih i belive mine is

Kipper
09-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Hello sandman5 and welcome to the forums

We have several members here that are employees of ASUS and I am sure they will have something to say about this but today is a National Holiday here in the US so they might not be on the forum until tomorrow.

Keep checking back please.

manu72
09-05-2011, 03:05 PM
You should fill a complaint to EBAY regarding this seller.

PS> Btw, the link isnt working

Chastity@ASUS
09-05-2011, 06:32 PM
The only thing Asus would do is replace the ES chip with the OEM 2630QM that originally shipped with it. Asus does not sell 2920XM units. As for overclocking, I would suugest you look up ThrottleStop and read his online guide for overclocking procedures.

BTW, the unauthorized CPU upgrade also voids your warranty. No retailer is an authorized tech for making mods unless they are listed as an Authorized Service Provider (ASP) and he is not.

chrsplmr
09-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Hello Kuwait, Welcome Sandman5.

This is just simply rotten. Dirty Dogs. A double whammy. Bad CPU-Voided Warranty.

Chastity,
Are you saying that Asus 'would' replace the chip, if the Warranty wasn't voided..or will?
Not to put you on the spot..ooops.

SandMan5,
Are you saying that you bought the unit with the retailer saying it was an upgraded unit with the
cpu bought from Asus?
Is he an Authorized Reseller but not an Authorize Service Provider?
If he is an Authorized Asus Reseller making claims in the name of Asus. I hope Legal goes after him..if so.
And I would definately follow Manu72's advice and slam him with EBAY..he wont be selling anymore under
that name until he fixes this...
Just Rotten. Best of Luck SM5...Look at that.
A National Holiday and still two moderators..no waiting..and one
of them is in the middle of moving too....hehehe...

xeromist
09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
is Asus allowed to give engineering sample to online etailers

No. Engineering samples are issued from Intel/AMD directly to companies that are making or testing compatible components. They are never to be sold and must be returned or destroyed when testing is completed.

sandman5
09-18-2011, 07:18 PM
ok what if this cpu in my laptop is Qualification sample should it then be destroyed or returned for an original one. i had ask this ebay seller if he can give us the oem version but he says he does not have. in that case can Asus supply me with the 2630qm cpu
id rather have that than have a cpu which cant trubo boost and whose multipplier is locked.

JRd1st
09-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't see why Asus would do that unless they screwed up big time and let a qual unit go out the door. The person that sold it to you has some explaining to do, in my opinion. I'm sure that Intel would be interested in all this. ;)

chrsplmr
09-18-2011, 08:13 PM
From what I have read above, I think I would hold onto that until I had some more answers...or a cpu that made me
real happy...If I was sure the one I had in my possession wasnt worth 2.... one never knows...
How did this cpu end up in this laptop?
And if was a test unit....was the laptop a test unit also? If so..then how did you get it retail?
Somebody has got some explaining to do for sure.
Hang in there....this could be good.

sandman5
09-18-2011, 08:21 PM
ok Sounds like a good idea but , i would like to know how do i report this matter to intel. since this seller is saying he got the persmission from Asus to use Qs cpu in the G74SX, and i know intel does not allow Qs or Es cpus to be used in retail products,
since i am in kuwait and got this from us i cant reutrn this unit to just get the cpu replaced besides i have to bear alot of freight cost. so i think il take this matter to intel. oh and by the way folks this laptop which i brought is around 2400$ excluding the ram upgrades. so does this price justify in having this Qulaified sample cpu in this laptop( which sucks as i told you it does not turbo boost to the speed advertise in the sales page)

chrsplmr
09-18-2011, 09:02 PM
No, from what X said....he said 'destroy or return' and from what he said..
Asus would never authorize this...
Hang in there. If you dont mind me sticking my nose in this...this interests
me greatly...so I promise you...I will bang on my puter looking for an answer
from intel...
Im thinking that retailer..has got a problem...either from Asus or Intel..
they would never see that laptop from me...especially after shelling out
$2400 bucks...unless I first....first...got a brand new, that I was doing back
flips over ROG laptop that turbo, 3d whatever it is you wanted in the first
place did...in my possession along with a pre paid shipping label...or Im just
guessing, but...somebody isnt happy that you have that....
I will report what I find, either way, here...as soon as I can...
or pm you if it is....well...if it should be....Fair Enough?
Just to remind you...I am a consumer like you,,,and not an Asus or Intel
agent of any kind.....I speak only for me.
But...I do what I say.....
Sandman, are you US? Not that that matters...curious.c.

grungeboy2
09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
probably pulled it, replaced it with a es model, then sold the original for a high mark-up. that way he buys the laptop, swaps the parts, then makes whatever the chip sells for in profit.

chrsplmr
09-19-2011, 01:45 AM
leaving intel and asus harmless...and sandman to chase the retailer..
its worth chasing a while though.
Especially if they think they can stick him because he is 'out of country'.
I dont like this, one little bit.