PDA

View Full Version : Potential G750JH Downgrade Problems?

EbonyRubberWolf
11-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Hello everyone. Strongly considering picking up a G750JH due to very favorable reviews and benchmarks, but I absolutely cannot stand Windows 8(the launch, interface, and general unnecessary mishmash of features turn me off). How much, if any functionality would one lose if they downgraded the OS to Windows 7 Pro via an OEM disk? Would the USB 3.0 ports still function if downgraded to Win7, or would I be losing them(which would be unacceptable)?

Thanks for your responses.

sattla
11-18-2013, 08:46 AM
it is not problem to downgrade, i have the g750JW got all the drivers except the SM Bus driver, when i get it i'm going to back a complete backup on all the drivers and upload it and share the link to the rog community.

i get a score of 25k+ in 3dmark06 trail version demo, must say i'm damn impressed.

MatG
11-18-2013, 08:48 AM
I had the same issue, but was very happy when i got the Start8 from stardock :-)
It made it possible for med to scrap almost anything i hate about the new Metro interface.
The bonus feature is "start in desktop mode" and is my top favorit.

Try give it a go, you can use for 30 days free and if u like it, the price is 5$ (not much if you can afford a G750JH) ;-)

bloowhalez
11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
i agree, if you just change windows 8 to resemble 7 it works great. its faster, has better support, and is the standard now. just get rid of the metro crap.