PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia GeForce 331.82 WHQL Driver

Krebb
11-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Havent installed and tried them yet.

But here's the new WHQL for notebooks.

X64 : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.82/331.82-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

X86 : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.82/331.82-notebook-win8-win7-32bit-international-whql.exe

pombocom
11-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Just installed I will test it out on Metro Last Light

Maxter
11-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Let us know how it works! The 311.65 was a pos... I downgraded to the 327 version.

rolu1981
11-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Hello,
after installed this update i noticed a delay in the boot sequence... the same problem i had with the previous update..
So i downgraded to 327.23 version (for me the last stable version for my G750 JX with GTX 770M)

It's a shame.. because with this driver we can have an advantage in frame rate for many games.
i try to write an e-mail to nvidia in order to have more details about this issue.

Krebb
11-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Have been playing with them all day.
Haven't noticed any problems so far actually .
Just remember to do a clean install. :)

DeltaActual
11-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Have been playing with them all day.
Haven't noticed any problems so far actually .
Just remember to do a clean install. :)
Same here. Great drivers. As for longer boot times - always perform a clean install. Google it.

soulmirror
11-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Same here. Great drivers. As for longer boot times - always perform a clean install. Google it.
Sorry bro, ain't nothing to do with the clean install.
Unfortunately that's a common problem of the few last nvidia drivers (327 and up):
G750JX do not boots, screen flickers, then black screen (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35924-G750JX-do-not-boots-screen-flickers-then-black-screen&country=&status=)
Even some desktop pc with nvidia got the same issue in the last few month (there's a lot of thread about it in nvidia driver forum).
The problem is an unspecified event 14 error in nvlddmkm.sys file during the boot and there's no solution yet.
Hope Nvidia listen to the crowd and give us a fix.

Krebb
11-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Sorry bro, ain't nothing to do with the clean install.
Unfortunately that's a common problem of the few last nvidia drivers (327 and up):
G750JX do not boots, screen flickers, then black screen (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35924-G750JX-do-not-boots-screen-flickers-then-black-screen&country=&status=)
Even some desktop pc with nvidia got the same issue in the last few month (there's a lot of thread about it in nvidia driver forum).
The problem is an unspecified event 14 error in nvlddmkm.sys file during the boot and there's no solution yet.

Aren't just technical issues the best? :D
I have exactly zero problems with the latest WHQL drivers, been booting the computer a few times today due to installation of various things.
My laptop still boots under 10 seconds.
Haven't had any game crashes yet or weird glitches.

And yet we have the same hardware.

Maxter
11-20-2013, 04:25 AM

I'm geting this same issue with my Desktop with GTX 460; non stop BSOD. Had to downgrade to 327. In my G750, I'm using the driver provided by ASUS. It's the 311. Working ok. Still doubting on that update... Seems like the R331 were way rushed.

Woofyhugger
11-20-2013, 06:41 AM
Working great for me.

Vital1ty
11-20-2013, 12:28 PM
It seems the problem with the owners of 120 Hz...
With support for Nvidia Timeresolved the problem with drivers 331.58 and above. Well, in the sense of a black screen at startup. In the BIOS must disable Secure Boot and enable CSM. This is atemporary solutionto eliminate the problem being worked on. Check out whoglitches.

cosmicmango
11-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Updated without any problems

Vital1ty
11-20-2013, 04:40 PM
the problem is and the owners of previous Asus GV75. With 750JX kind of problem with modification CV .... H
I have Model : G750JX-CV161H bios 208

Dream
11-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I installed (clean) without any initial problems on my JX. However as of today, I have black screen problems with sleep mode, closing the lid, etc. Basically the experience is no longer as smooth as it was.

In addition, I have this weird flicker on the screen whenever the refresh rate is set to *anything* over the stock 60hz. Where as before I could run 85,90,100hz without any problems at all.

I am going to downgrade now.

Dream
11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Downgrading presented some problems. Had a much longer than usual black screen during the driver install process. Had the good sense to leave it alone for 15 minutes while it continued the install.

Then had a weird banding issue on any color from the Windows interface, but figured out this was from a default switch to 16-bit color instead of 32bit when I increased the refresh rate to 100hz.

As of right now everything is working perfectly (once again), but, going to do a full shutdown and restart just to make sure.

Flea0
11-20-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm still dealing with occational extremely long black screens and/or reboots when booting or when recovering from hibernation. Any chance nvidia/asus will deal with this?

Maxter
11-20-2013, 08:13 PM
FFF it. Imma do it. Installing on my JW. Will report back in a couple days with stability notes.

kingfish
11-20-2013, 08:55 PM
downgrading back to previous driver...booting time is too much :(

Krebb
11-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't turn off my 750JX?
Sleep mode is awesome.
I just shut the laptop, and when I get back I open it and I'm instantly on the login.

soulmirror
11-20-2013, 10:32 PM
With support for Nvidia Timeresolved the problem with drivers 331.58 and above. Well, in the sense of a black screen at startup. In the BIOS must disable Secure Boot and enable CSM. This is atemporary solutionto eliminate the problem being worked on. Check out whoglitches.

That actually worked for me too. No more black screen and long boot time with latest driver.
At least for now...

Flea0
11-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Sleep mode is awesome.
I just shut the laptop, and when I get back I open it and I'm instantly on the login.
I prefer fully powered down states, especially when I'm carrying the laptop around or during the night. At home I keep the battery detached so I'd hate to wake up to a blank desktop if the power goes away while it's in sleep mode.

Driver340
11-20-2013, 11:20 PM
I've also had no problems since installing these new drivers and been playing Assassins Creed 4 all day and have not noticed any difference with shutdown times on my G750jx.

Vital1ty
11-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Sleep mode is awesome.
зря вы не выключаете ноут до спящего режима работает в UDMA 5 а после сна уже UDMA2 и назад не возвращается - с Win8 на win8.1 проблему не пропала
(Инженеры Асус РОГ прошу обратить на это внимание и выпустить патч)

Vital1ty
11-21-2013, 08:52 AM
That actually worked for me too. No more black screen and long boot time with latest driver.
At least for now...
Works - all those who have problems may benefit, but it is not a decision that I would like to see

Katya1602
11-21-2013, 09:33 AM

Felicitations Vital1ty, it works! you resolved my problem. Incredible! I never thought that it was in relation with the Secure Boot.

Now my G750jx-CV109H is working like a charm!

So, it seems that this black screen bug is only affecting the G750 3D with the Secure Boot enabled.

Vital1ty
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
as well if you set the desktop seting 60Hz, the Windows boot without manipulation in the BIOS (according to this school of judging or Security or 120 Hz in draivers Nvidia)

pombocom
11-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Works great I tested it out on Metro Last Light it looks fantastic

kingsknight
11-21-2013, 07:49 PM
I've also had no problems since installing these new drivers and been playing Assassins Creed 4 all day and have not noticed any difference with shutdown times on my G750jx.

What settings do you play it at? Doesn't run too good at high settings on my JW.

Krebb
11-21-2013, 08:04 PM
зря вы не выключаете ноут до спящего режима работает в UDMA 5 а после сна уже UDMA2 и назад не возвращается - с Win8 на win8.1 проблему не пропала
(Инженеры Асус РОГ прошу обратить на это внимание и выпустить патч)

Uh, what?! English?

fab5yo
11-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Hi everyone on ROG I just wanted to let everyone know that came up with solution to the long boot times with the new driver update. I was have super long load times when playing COD ghost. So this is what I did and now my load time is fast or even faster then before. I went into the bios and enabled the fast boot option and then I updated the direct x and Microsoft 2010 and 2013 cc++ on what every game you are playing. Then I changed my Fresh rate to 80hz that all it has been work awesome since I did these things. So give it shot and let me know if it worked for you. Have a nice day ROG

Vital1ty
11-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Uh, what?! English? nothing you do not turn off the laptop to sleep mode works in UDMA 5 and after sleep UDMA2 already and will not be refunded - with Win8 on win8.1 problem has not disappeared
[B] (Engineers Asus ROG please pay attention to it and release a patch) [/ B]

Vital1ty
11-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Nobody knows when the next driver update?

Vital1ty
11-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone on ROG I just wanted to let everyone know that came up with solution to the long boot times with the new driver update. I was have super long load times when playing COD ghost. So this is what I did and now my load time is fast or even faster then before. I went into the bios and enabled the fast boot option and then I updated the direct x and Microsoft 2010 and 2013 cc++ on what every game you are playing. Then I changed my Fresh rate to 80hz that all it has been work awesome since I did these things. So give it shot and let me know if it worked for you. Have a nice day ROG
is not the solution ... Should all operate at 120Hz (Nvidia driver problem)

hoboX10
11-23-2013, 03:32 AM
Should I avoid the 331 release drivers and get 327? Are they good drivers for the G750JW?

pharmahassan
11-24-2013, 04:47 PM
same here ... i update driver last night to run BF 4 . then after restart a black screen appear and freeze at that point with no boot . i will try to back to asus driver and see what happened ... i have g 750 jx 3d

pharmahassan
11-24-2013, 04:48 PM
also geforce experience never installed ???? never

Vital1ty
11-25-2013, 01:56 PM
same here ... i update driver last night to run BF 4 . then after restart a black screen appear and freeze at that point with no boot . i will try to back to asus driver and see what happened ... i have g 750 jx 3d

Maxter
11-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Uh, what?! English?

He was a funny guy I guess... here's what google translate says: "nothing you do not turn off the laptop to sleep mode works in UDMA 5 and after sleep UDMA2 already and will not be refunded - with Win8 on win8.1 problem has not disappeared
(Engineers Asus ROG please pay attention to it and release a patch)"

Maxter
11-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Well, I've had the new driver installed for half week already. Everything seems ok, even the gaming (Metro:LL and LoL at least). It resumes from ZZZZZzzzzz fine. I never turn my computer off, just sleep. I restart when needed. I am amazed at how stable Win8 is right now. (of course I classic shelled it and jump the metro screen (dislike). This is the JW version.

KimHeyvaert
01-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Hello,

I'm also dealing with this problem. This is the mail I send to ASUS. I hope they come with a good solution because I had great expectations from this ROG G750JX, certainly because it's an expensive notebook and one of the TOP products from ASUS. I send them all the details from the system log. So from the nvlddmkm and the nvidida streaming service problem.

I just bought this laptop 2 weeks ago. After the first boot I had to configure several WINDOWS 8 things and the first 2 days the laptop updatet a lot of things of windows 8. And also the NVIIDIA graphic card 770M had an update released 2014/01/07. Also Windows 8.1 is installed, this after a few days so the problem excisted allready before with Windows 8.
So it is obvious that there's a problem with the new nvidia driver (http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71729/en-uk) and this notebook. I'm certainly not alone with this problem, others on the ROG forum are also dealing with this problem (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40178-Nvidia-GeForce-331.82-WHQL-Driver). I tried a few things, ex. deleting the new drivers from NVIDIA and the notebook started in a few seconds but with this powerfull Graphic Card this cannot be the solution. I did a clean install, that also didn't helped. So now every time I boot the screen stays black, the system reboots from time to time after a critical problem and the system needs min. 3 till even 9 minutes to boot. I'm not feeling good about this because this ROG G750JX is one of the TOP-products from ASUS, it's brand new and I have this serious problem from the first day! I attached with this mail a pdf file with details from the system log.
I hope there's gonna be soon a solution for this problem!?

Kind regards,

BlapX
01-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Hello,

I'm also dealing with this problem. This is the mail I send to ASUS. I hope they come with a good solution because I had great expectations from this ROG G750JX, certainly because it's an expensive notebook and one of the TOP products from ASUS. I send them all the details from the system log. So from the nvlddmkm and the nvidida streaming service problem.

I just bought this laptop 2 weeks ago. After the first boot I had to configure several WINDOWS 8 things and the first 2 days the laptop updatet a lot of things of windows 8. And also the NVIIDIA graphic card 770M had an update released 2014/01/07. Also Windows 8.1 is installed, this after a few days so the problem excisted allready before with Windows 8.
So it is obvious that there's a problem with the new nvidia driver (http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71729/en-uk) and this notebook. I'm certainly not alone with this problem, others on the ROG forum are also dealing with this problem (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40178-Nvidia-GeForce-331.82-WHQL-Driver). I tried a few things, ex. deleting the new drivers from NVIDIA and the notebook started in a few seconds but with this powerfull Graphic Card this cannot be the solution. I did a clean install, that also didn't helped. So now every time I boot the screen stays black, the system reboots from time to time after a critical problem and the system needs min. 3 till even 9 minutes to boot. I'm not feeling good about this because this ROG G750JX is one of the TOP-products from ASUS, it's brand new and I have this serious problem from the first day! I attached with this mail a pdf file with details from the system log.
I hope there's gonna be soon a solution for this problem!?

Kind regards,

Hey mede hollander, heb ook die driver problems ondervonden.
Na een bepaalde windows 8.1 update, probeerde ik het nogmaals te installeren,
En dat ging ineens vlekkeloos :s

So check your Windows 8.1 updates, make sure its up to date, then try installing the nvidia driver. Worked for me.

And did u update your bios to version 209?

Best regards,

Blap X