PDA

View Full Version : Hdd super slow!

SymBiioTE
11-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey guys. so i have a G46VW and i love it. How ever the hard drive is super slow. when booting up, it takes years, but once done after ages it runs fine. Ive done a clean install and got all the device drivers working just fine, but man this hard drive is crap. I have an extra 320gb Scorpio Black. Should i switch it out? i don't need tons of space right now since there's a clean install anyways, i don't mind wiping it. could it be anything else? I have the latest BIOS installed also. Thanks all :cool:

Pitcher@asus
11-20-2013, 06:30 AM
i think you HDD from laptop, i know some people change to SSD, it will be fasting by your computer.

SymBiioTE
11-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Umm what? i have an SSD in my desktop and it it amazing. But there so expensive and are so small.

Shawnnepc
11-20-2013, 06:49 PM
He's recommending that you should replace your HDD with an SSD.

Even the best HDD won't hold a candle to a SSD.

TokoDude
11-20-2013, 07:50 PM
I agree SSD increases so much you're laptop speed i love it!

But you're HDD is slow.... To increases a higher speed try to defrag you're HDD.
And yeah if you have much **** on your pc just re-install once you're hole system again it makes it a lot faster again.

SymBiioTE
11-21-2013, 02:14 AM
Like i said in the OP i have reinstalled windows and the HDD is super slow and i cant afford and ssd right now.

TokoDude
11-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Like i said in the OP i have reinstalled windows and the HDD is super slow and i cant afford and ssd right now.

Then go defrag you're HDD and use CCleaner to clean up you're pc. and check if you're processor an RAM is working well etc.

SymBiioTE
11-21-2013, 03:59 PM
It's not fragmented, like i said in the OP after about 15mins of windows booting up, the computer works fine. I'm starting to feel like its a driver for the chipset issue. Has ANYONE had this problem? its only me?