PDA

View Full Version : G750 Battery Dilemma?

clobberingtimegrych
11-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Hey, I purchased G750JX last month and frequently use it as desktop replacement for gaming(obviously) & work. So I want to use my usual method of remove the battery and use AC power just like i did on my old ASUS.

BUT ;And here the dilemma begins; my friend told me that's not good for the motherboard & other stuff he mentioned (I'm not computer savvy:p ) and I shouldn't do that. but, If I don't remove the battery I'm faced with frequent charge/discharge or overcharged and that's not good for the battery life i hear.

So, any advice and/or suggestion as fellow G750 users? :D
Also, I read somewhere that running on AC power without battery reduce performance(?). Is that true?

Sorry if i post in the wrong thread or anything and if my post a bit incoherent (not English speaker lol:p )
and thanks in advance! :D

Pitcher@asus
11-20-2013, 06:44 AM
i think battery have life cycle, so difficle to say wich way is bettery, please visit http://www.asus.com/support/Article/604/

Maxter
11-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Hey, I purchased G750JX last month and frequently use it as desktop replacement for gaming(obviously) & work. So I want to use my usual method of remove the battery and use AC power just like i did on my old ASUS.

BUT ;And here the dilemma begins; my friend told me that's not good for the motherboard & other stuff he mentioned (I'm not computer savvy:p ) and I shouldn't do that. but, If I don't remove the battery I'm faced with frequent charge/discharge or overcharged and that's not good for the battery life i hear.

So, any advice and/or suggestion as fellow G750 users? :D
Also, I read somewhere that running on AC power without battery reduce performance(?). Is that true?

Sorry if i post in the wrong thread or anything and if my post a bit incoherent (not English speaker lol:p )
and thanks in advance! :D

I usually use it for work (no gaming) on battery during the day. I usually get 4-5 hours out of it on constant use (I've done 8 hours on everything on minimum - ridiculous). Then I get home, plug and game. The temperature stays very low during game and battery charging. The boost on my card OC's to over 900 MHz (I have the 765m), ridiculous... You should be fine even if you never use the battery and it's always on. I do recommend you do use the battery to empty or close to empty once a week at least to keep the integrity of the battery.