PDA

View Full Version : G750 3D gloss screen available in Australia?

Muzzar69
11-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi,

Question as ontop, is the G750JH model available in the 3D display here in Australia?
Literally spent the last 2 hours googling, reading reviews, emailing retailers, even went into a few stores this morning and no one can give me a definitive answer.
ASUS REALLY need to organize themselves better! I mean I even phoned their sales support team this arvo and even they did not know! Maybe informing your staff, and having availability notes on each countries website, might be a wise idea.
That way your customers are not running around like headless chooks trying to find out which products are available.

Also, whats the reliability like? Anyone had problems with it yet? Really iffy on whether I should get another ASUS or not, especially since I've already had 3 and all 3 have been in the shop within 3 months of purchase! :mad: You spend 3K+ on a notebook you expect it to last a dam side longer than 3 months! And their customer support has been, well lets just say pretty poor. But MSI only offer matte displays, Alienware are no better reliability wise and are far too bulky, same goes for Toshiba, so I really don't have many other choices.

Thanks.

Shawnnepc
11-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi,

Question as ontop, is the G750JH model available in the 3D display here in Australia?
Literally spent the last 2 hours googling, reading reviews, emailing retailers, even went into a few stores this morning and no one can give me a definitive answer.
ASUS REALLY need to organize themselves better! I mean I even phoned their sales support team this arvo and even they did not know! Maybe informing your staff, and having availability notes on each countries website, might be a wise idea.
That way your customers are not running around like headless chooks trying to find out which products are available.

Also, whats the reliability like? Anyone had problems with it yet? Really iffy on whether I should get another ASUS or not, especially since I've already had 3 and all 3 have been in the shop within 3 months of purchase! :mad: You spend 3K+ on a notebook you expect it to last a dam side longer than 3 months! And their customer support has been, well lets just say pretty poor. But MSI only offer matte displays, Alienware are no better reliability wise and are far too bulky, same goes for Toshiba, so I really don't have many other choices.

Thanks.

I wasn't aware that there are any stock G750 3D glossy screen models. It's likely that's an aftermarket modification.

The product listing shows: 17.3" 16:9 FHD EWV LED Backlight/Full HD 3D(1920x1080 120Hz) Non-Glare LCD Panel (Optional)

SO it's default spec is matte.

Muzzar69
11-21-2013, 12:20 AM
There are, found a few reviews on google with gloss displays. Reviewers are not going to be going adding aftermarket products into a review unit. There's also a few unboxings on youtube as the JH model with the 3D gloss display and glasses included.
Also whats the warranty for the G750 if I import it from the USA? I know some ASUS models offer global warranty, does the G750? Looks like if I want the 3D gloss display I'm going to have to import it.
Or I found a local retailer who has the gloss display model but it's not 3D. Bit pricey though, $3500 he cant go any lower but other stores have the matte display same specs at $3200, MSY have it at flat 3K.

Shawnnepc
11-21-2013, 04:04 PM
There are, found a few reviews on google with gloss displays. Reviewers are not going to be going adding aftermarket products into a review unit. There's also a few unboxings on youtube as the JH model with the 3D gloss display and glasses included.
Also whats the warranty for the G750 if I import it from the USA? I know some ASUS models offer global warranty, does the G750? Looks like if I want the 3D gloss display I'm going to have to import it.
Or I found a local retailer who has the gloss display model but it's not 3D. Bit pricey though, $3500 he cant go any lower but other stores have the matte display same specs at $3200, MSY have it at flat 3K.

According to the agreements resellers sign in order to become a reseller they're not allowed to export outside their country. I have no idea what the end result might be if you seek warranty service on an imported product.

The only 2 models that are for sale in the US (Not counting Best Buy, I can't see there stuff) is:

G750JH-DB71 1 Black No Touch Screen 17.3" FHD (1920*1080) LED, matte
G750JW-DB71 1 Black No Touch Screen 17.3" FHD (1920*1080) LED, matte

The only 3D glossy laptop ASUS sells in the us is:
G75VX-DS73-3D 1 No Touch Screen 17.3" FHD (1920*1080) LED, glossy Intel Core i7-3630QM (2.4GHz) Ivy Bridge with Turbo (3.4GHz)

^ That's a last gen laptop that's being phased out.

It's possible that other markets might have glossy G750 screens but I know we don't in the US.

Muzzar69
11-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Ah ok so that explains why so many places only ship to their region. Looks like we are getting it here, one of the PC stores got back to me saying its the T4133H model releasing 24/12/13. Shame, don't think I'm going to be able to wait that long, but i so want this! Really strange that so few retailers know about this though, I've emailed like 50 stores and only 2 have mentioned the T4133H as what I'm looking for. Everyone else says such a model does not exist, even though it's listed on the ASUS webpage and product pages. Even the leap motion technology, suppose to come with the JH model but none of the retailers know about it. :confused:

snipestech
11-23-2013, 07:58 AM
No problems so far .I love the matte.