PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750 SDD caddy

Asus_Man
11-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Hello ! I am planning to buy an Asus G750JH which only has one hard drive, and we all know that the laptop has 2 hdd slots. I want to buy my own ssd and install it after I receive the notebook. My question is does the laptop already have the caddy for securing my second hard drive in the bay ?

villiansv
11-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Pretty sure it has it, make sure you check the inside of the box the laptop comes in for a taped nylon bag with the necessary screws.

Source - posts I've seen around here. My JX came with 2 drives, so this isn't personal experience.

Pitcher@asus
11-22-2013, 06:06 AM
i think it is having.

Prostar Computer
11-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes, all of the G750s have the secondary storage drive cage installed, regardless of the drive configuration. Keep in mind that the G750JH already has two mSATA SSDs installed (could vary depending on the exact model/retailer you purchase from) as well, so there is no cage/caddy for that bay.

eojlin
12-10-2013, 05:27 AM
SSDs vary in thickness: 6.8mm, 7mm, 9.5mm, and etc. Will any of these drives fit snugly with the packaged storage drive cage or SSD caddy?

eojlin
01-02-2014, 04:09 AM
SSDs vary in thickness: 6.8mm, 7mm, 9.5mm, and etc. Will any of these drives fit snugly with the packaged storage drive cage or SSD caddy?
I just installed a 9.5mm thick SSD. I guess 9.5mm is the maximum for a good (perfect) fit.

Asus_Man
01-02-2014, 09:27 AM
I just installed a 9.5mm thick SSD. I guess 9.5mm is the maximum for a good (perfect) fit.

Ty for the info ! It's good to know !

Dave9292
01-07-2014, 08:43 PM
so, if you buy the Asus G750JX-T4070H which only has one HDD installed, there is no way of upgrading to a second HDD or SSD because there is no tray?

cosmicmango
01-07-2014, 11:22 PM
so, if you buy the Asus G750JX-T4070H which only has one HDD installed, there is no way of upgrading to a second HDD or SSD because there is no tray?

There is a caddy in the second bay plus the HDD screws are in a plastic zip bag taped to the box. Everything is there to upgrade to a second hard drive.

chosenfew777
12-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Thanx, y'all!
I recently installed an 840 EVO SSD in my G750JM. Yes, I upgraded the firmware and ran restoration software. Used Backtracker on a usb stick to clean install Windoze 8.1 to new SSD in old HDD bay. Getting ready to install orig. HDD in 2nd bay. I didn't know the screws for mounting the HDD to the 2nd tray (factory installed) were in the &^#@! box.
Ques:
Can I just install the HDD in 2nd bay with Windoze still on it and just delete windowsfrom it after bootiing from SSD? I don't want a dual boot. I just want the data (pics, mp3's,etc..) on the drive to stay on the drive.
Or, can I do something similar with sata III-to-usb cable and connect it to the pc after bootup into windows on SSD, then selectively delete files from HDD (i.e. Windows,etc...)?

hmscott
12-08-2014, 03:11 AM
Hello ! I am planning to buy an Asus G750JH which only has one hard drive, and we all know that the laptop has 2 hdd slots. I want to buy my own ssd and install it after I receive the notebook. My question is does the laptop already have the caddy for securing my second hard drive in the bay ?

Asus_Man, congrats on your fine choice a G750JH, I have one too, and it is fast and reliable :)

All G750JH's in the US came with Bay 1 set up specifically for 2 x 128GB M.2 SATA SSD's in RAID0 (not M.2 PCIE x4, don't mix them up), and Bay 2 with a 2.5" 1TB HDD.

The Bay 1 / Bay 2 are configured unalterably - you can't change it - due to the specific plastic in and between the two Bay's, both connectors are connected to the fitting, and if you remove the Bay 1 M.2 SATA RAID0 carrier, it removes the connector for Bay 2, so you really can't change it.

So I am confused as to how you could only have 1 hard drive - unless the original owner pulled out the 2 x 128GB M.2's...

or you are in a different country where the G750JH didn't come with the RAID0 carrier, and only has 2 2.5" Bays, and you have 1 drive.

Here in the US, and most other places we have heard of, all G750's come with an empty disk caddy for any Bay without a drive. But, I can't be sure if in your specific case/area that is true.

You can order an empty caddy from the Asus eStore in your region:
http://www.service.asus.com/#!estore/cei8

kumarmayuresh
07-20-2015, 05:23 AM
Hi All,

What is the best place to Order SSD/HDD Caddy for ASUS G750

--
Best
Kumar