PDA

View Full Version : G750 Accessories Bundle Outdated

Kemesh
11-22-2013, 08:05 PM
My Uncle just bought me a G750JX as a reward for my achievements in High School. I had quite a few laptops to choose from (such as MSI's GT60) but I chose Asus for their reliability, build quality, and general awesomeness. Imagine my disappointment in finding that unlike the MSI's 2013 top quality bundled peripherals, my G750 arrived with a 2010 bundle, the same as the one issued with a G73.

The product information page (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JX/) Clearly suggests that the G750 comes with the latest accessories. Why was this not so?

Is this to be expected from Asus or was I just screwed by the Asus distributor in my country, South Africa.?

Prostar Computer
11-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Which supplier did your Uncle purchase from? And what in the bundle is outdated?

Kemesh
11-23-2013, 05:55 AM
My Uncle owns an IT business and so was able to deal directly with the Asus distributor in the country. The backpack and mouse don't have model names or numbers. There's a PN Number on the tag but I don't know if that would help. The headset is an ROG rebranded steelseries Siberia (I'm assuming its v1 since it doesnt have the big "V2" on the box.

The thing is, we spent so much of money to buy a laptop with these kinds of specifications, so it should be obvious to Asus that we are not the type of people to be using accessories that were released in 2010. So what is the point of including such products with the laptop? I mean fair enough they are supposedly "free", but it stands to reason that the products bundled with the laptop should at least be on par or somewhere close to the quality of the laptop itself.

Its such a shame.

snipestech
11-23-2013, 07:55 AM
I wish mines came with those (outdated accesories)

Kemesh
11-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Technically I paid for them, because unbundled versions of the laptop were significantly cheaper.

Krebb
11-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I wish I also got those accessories.
I got a piece of cloth and some stickers with my package...

iweber95
11-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Well if you did not want the outdated accessories, why not buy the un-bundled pack and then buy the peripherals of your choice...? Not really ASUS's fault here.

rajeshtechfreak
11-23-2013, 08:09 PM
In India we get the latest accessories alongwith the ROG . The rog backpack , headset , mouse.
Maybe it's the store fault in your region !

Kemesh
11-23-2013, 09:33 PM
@iweber95: That is obviously what I would have done had I known the peripherals would be outdated, which is why I am complaining.

@rajeshtechfreak: Thanks a mil, that's what I wanted to confirm. Would you be able to give me the models of those accessories?

xuanqil
11-24-2013, 08:35 AM
I am aware that several countries only sell the computers by themselves. My family currently owns a Dell studio something something idk and a Asus N53. The Asus was from China and it came with a bag, screen protector, lid protector and a keyboard protector along with a mouse; however, the Dell, ordered online in New Zealand, only came with the laptop and the usual charger, guides and CDs. I've been looking around at what the ROG laptops generally come with as I am getting one soon, and I have come to a rough conclusion that the Asia region supplies the ROG laptops with ROG gear (just my conclusion). I would go with Rajeshtechfreak and just buy the laptop and the accessories separately. Not so sure about South Africas distributors but consider yourself lucky that you got to receive accessories for free rather than the other hundred or thousand ROG owners who only have the laptop.

Kemesh
11-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Evidently most people don't share my opinion, but I just want to make it clear that the accessories were not "free". Unbundled versions of the same laptop sold for around R23000 (Roughly 2285 USD) whereas I payed R25000 for mine (2484 USD).

Furthermore, I knew that the laptop would come with the accessories, they weren't some sort of pleasant surprise that I'm now complaining about. What I'm complaining about is the fact that I did not get value for money with the bundle, and the accessories are not on par with the quality of the laptop.