PDA

View Full Version : 3D or Non 3D ? Which one to get ? No Intel HD Graphics on 3D

rajeshtechfreak
11-24-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm in a dilemma about which G750JX to get . The one with the 3D panel with disabled intel hd graphics or the non 3d 60hz monitor , I've never used a 3D laptop before . Is it worth it compromising on Battery Life and Nvidia Optimus for a 3D Display ?
How's the 3D content on the G750JX using the Nvidia 3D vision glasses . Please do share your experiences . Should I go for the 3D variant ?

cheatermclaggin
11-24-2013, 03:29 AM
its all about what you want. All of the G750 series laptops have the intel hd graphics disabled and they cant be enabled

chrsplmr
11-24-2013, 03:53 AM
its all about what you want. All of the G750 series laptops have the intel hd graphics disabled and they cant be enabled

I'm not sure this is entirely correct. I believe that once unplugged and running on batter, the intel gpu takes over to conserve
battery life, this is why gaming should be done 'plugged in' .. someone correct me if I am wrong.
As to 3d .. if you have the spare coins .. it's a hoot !!!

gazzacbr
11-24-2013, 07:34 AM
it has already been stated in this very thread, several times, that the optimus/intel graphics are completely physically disabled internally.
so 3D or not 3D is up to you.
it is fun. what are you going to do with it?
you can watch 3d movies. but only on your own unless you buy some more glasses.
the game i happened to be playing, Metro:Last Light, works automatically in 3D if i have the glasses on.
i played it for about 30mins before the novelty wore off. and then i had a headache ;)
i went for the 3D mainly because i didnt want a matte screen.
not sure if the non-3d screens are available glossy but they were not where i bought mine.

Pitcher@asus
11-25-2013, 07:03 AM
i think 3D or non 3D, it base on your request, not to say which one is good.