PDA

View Full Version : My time with the G750JW

kingsknight
11-26-2013, 12:16 PM
It's been two months to the day when I took collection of my lovely new G750JW. I ordered a Intel 520 180gb SSD and an extra 8gig of ram for it at the same time. I couldn't be happier with it. The only problem I have is that I get them lines cross the screen and I'v followed everything on this forum to get rid of them and they just wont go. Also I don't have that Maxx audio software which looks pretty cool. Again tried all the guides on here to get it and it just doesn't show. This could be because I never even booted windows 8 up and loaded windows 7 from the get go.

I also have always overclocked my GPU using the tweaker to 997mhzcore/6100mhz memory so my GTX765M is pretty much a GTX770M.

I have clocked up 150 hours of gaming on my steam account and 100 hours on BF4 without a single crash (part from the battlefied long list of crashing due to being in beta still). I'v completed batman arkham origins and Splintercell : Blacklist on my new laptop and I found it unbelievable how well they played at the highest settings.

The Unreal 3 engine runs so amazingly well on this laptop and it shows what a good well optimized engine can do on mid end gaming pcs. Battlefield 4 plays amazing when it wants to. I still get the random FPS drops for no reason what so ever and I have read that people with GTX780Ti's have this problem so its the crappy unoptimized game engine.

Nothing is perfect but this laptop is perfect for me and I truly couldn't be happier with it and its looked AMAZING to top it off. I would warn people that it does weigh a ton for carrying to starbucks on your lunch break lol

I hope I will get 3 years of high/medium @ 1080 gaming before needing to buy a new ROG laptop :-D I have been stolen from away from the Dell XPS range for sure.

I paid 1130 in total which includes the ram and ssd from ebuyer.com and it included free next day delivery.

Over all I'd rate the G750JW 9 out of 10 hashtags.

Maxter
11-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Did you uninstall the ASUS splendid utility (there are line issues with it - so remove).
The latest version of the audio drivers available at the support.asus.com website has the ROG logo. Make sure you uninstall the current one you have before you install the new one.