PDA

View Full Version : No Brightness controls anymore

diego.abril@gmail.co
11-27-2013, 08:37 PM
I received my laptop and updated fully windows with all their crappy updates so i can get my 8.1 update available, updated the system to 8.1 and did all the updates after that, also i installed the updated drivers from nvidia to get the most of the VC also to get the performance boosts on certain games and the remaining nvidia features like game optimal configurations.

not too long after that i cant use the fn + f5 or f6 to increase or decrease the brightness of my screen, is there any update or hidden configuration that i need to enable?

there is no setting that i change on the compurter that give me back the ability to dim my screen, and at nights is painfull since the screen has too much brightness.

i checked on power settings and display on control panel and nothing.

please help me maybe sombody here had the same issues.

Maxter
11-27-2013, 08:58 PM
You need to go to support.asus.com and check if there is an ATK version compatible with Win8.1. If not, revert to Win8. Win8.1 is not 100% supported yet in terms of drivers and software for G750, unfortunately.

cl-Albert
11-27-2013, 09:23 PM
If you don't see the ATK (ASUSTek) driver posted under the ASUS G750 Win8.1 downloads, you may also want to consider trying the latest Win8 ATK driver.

I'm running the G750JW in Win8.1 with the Win8 ATK driver *.30 and my Fn+F5 and F6 keys are working okay to change the brightness.

Search for your notebook model at this page http://www.asus.com/support/ and look for the "ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities" under the 'Utilities' section.
After it's installed, the ATK driver will show up as the ATK package under Programs and Features (Add/Remove programs).

Hope this helps.