PDA

View Full Version : Help! G55VW charger!

Dunedain
11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi,

I have a Asus G55VW Notebook and i lost the power charger! Can u guys give me the Voltage and Amperage from a charger that comes with the G55VW Notebook so i can buy a new one? Please be exact on the numbers if u own one!

Thank you very much in advance!

cl-Albert
11-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Hi,

If you remove the battery and check the label on the notebook for the DC input rating, you should see the voltage and current specs there although it may not tell you that the center pin is positive which is usually indicated on the adapter.
Depending on your cpu, the G55VW may use 2 different wattage adapters although you shouldn't have any problems using the bigger wattage adapter if you don't mind the extra weight.

If you're interested, you may also want to contact your local ASUS support about purchasing the G55VW AC adapter.

I don't have the G55VW, but can give you information for my G75VW adapter if you're interested will also work for the G55VW.

Hope this helps.

rewben
11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
@Dunedain, normally local service center can help you out on this.

alternatively you can shop here: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5113 (my adapter is this one)

the product specs of this adapter is:
Output: 19.5 V DC, 9.23 A, 180W
Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

i wonder why asus took such information out from the specifications in the product page of g55.

Dunedain
11-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi,

If you remove the battery and check the label on the notebook for the DC input rating, you should see the voltage and current specs there although it may not tell you that the center pin is positive which is usually indicated on the adapter.
Depending on your cpu, the G55VW may use 2 different wattage adapters although you shouldn't have any problems using the bigger wattage adapter if you don't mind the extra weight.

If you're interested, you may also want to contact your local ASUS support about purchasing the G55VW AC adapter.

I don't have the G55VW, but can give you information for my G75VW adapter if you're interested will also work for the G55VW.

Hope this helps.

Huge tip thank you for that.. I removed the battery and the label on the notebook said: "Input +19V --- 9.5 A, 180W" and i understand that the Output on the charger is 19.5 V --- 9.23A, 180W . Can u guys tell me if these differences are normal and if they come like that from the factory? I know that 0.5V and 0.27A are not a huge difference but i wanna do things right! Thank you again in advance.

Dunedain
11-28-2013, 06:35 AM
@Dunedain, normally local service center can help you out on this.

alternatively you can shop here: http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5113 (my adapter is this one)

the product specs of this adapter is:
Output: 19.5 V DC, 9.23 A, 180W
Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal

i wonder why asus took such information out from the specifications in the product page of g55.

Are these charger specs from your original charger that arrived with your G55VW? Thank you for your answer!

rewben
11-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Are these charger specs from your original charger that arrived with your G55VW? Thank you for your answer!

no. that's the specs of the genuine adapter that works for g55vw at the ASUS store. mine is Output: 19 V DC, 9.5 A, 180W

Dunedain
11-28-2013, 12:04 PM
The label on the notebook said: "Input +19V --- 9.5 A, 180W" wich i see are the specs for an genuine adapter charger that comes with a G55VW and i understand that the Output on the charger is 19.5 V --- 9.23A, 180W . Can u guys tell me if these differences are normal? I know that 0.5V and 0.27A are not a huge difference but i wanna do things right!
I see that the 19.5 V --- 9.23A, 180W charger is the only one i can buy on Asus eStore so idk if the differences count! Just feel free to comment!
Thank you again in advance.

rewben
11-28-2013, 03:26 PM
imo the right thing to do is to get it from asus service center or the asus online store. they provide you the good and genuine parts :)

i guess the difference is not significant.