PDA

View Full Version : G74: Which Cooling Pad to use?

Br4nd3n
09-07-2011, 12:02 AM
[SOLVED] - Cooler Master SF-19 seems to be the best choice for the G74. It fits perfectly, has great cooling, doesn't use the laptop to power the fans, has 4 USB 3.0 ports and is portable.

Hello fellow ROG users.. here's a not so simple question that is in need of an answer.

I am looking for a cooling pad for the G74Sx. I am hoping someone here can direct me to a cooling pad that will keep the laptop even cooler then it keeps itself, and one that will be big enough for it. Price is not a problem.

Link away..

Thanks. :cool:

jorlanm
09-07-2011, 01:35 AM
The G74sx is one of the few (If not, the only one) Laptops that dont have vents on the bottom...So I realy doubt it would help...

Br4nd3n
09-07-2011, 01:37 AM
I have owned other laptops that didn't have ventilation on the bottom and cooling pads still helped. Either way it was blowing cold air onto the bottom surface which was in response making the computer cooler in general. The cooling pad I had owned previously was for a 14" laptop though.

Area 66
09-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Try to find one that use the less power posible with a god cooling. Mine always make my laptop warning me about the usb power drainage

Br4nd3n
09-07-2011, 11:06 AM
The Cooler Master SF-19 looks like a great cooler, and actually fits the G74 perfectly. It doesn't use the computer to power the fans either, it uses a wall jack which protects the life on your laptop. I am definitely getting it. Topic solved.