PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750 Fan control Software?

Tobbe
11-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi Guys,

So my trusted laptop and Companion for the past 7-8 years finally gave up (Dell XPS 1710) yesterday.
I'm scrambling to order a Asus G750JH (G750 JH-T4059H to be exact). I read that there is a fan issue with the fans aggressivly going off for a brief while when opening stuff like taskmanager etc.

Still this doesn't deter me as I know from experience that it's easier to buy a Maxed out Laptop when it comes to Graphics, screen etc. Then it is to upgrade those later.

So my question is if there is any Fan control software that I can use for the Asus G750 JH that will allow me to controll the fan profiles?

Tobbe
11-28-2013, 11:10 AM
So I found this goggleing around. Not sure if it will work with the G750JH since it 's a laptop but will
Try once I get the laptop and update this topic if it works or not.

SpeedFan
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Asus Fan Xpert (Win 8)
http://www.windows8downloads.com/win8-asus-fan-xpert-maebwjkj/

villiansv
11-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I took a quick look at SpeedFan ( I have a JX), but it doesn't seem to work. Only detects one fan (the CPU one), its readings are way off (RPM was shown in the millions) and no visible way to change anything. I strongly suspect you won't be able to modify the fan tables, at least not with software. There may be some bios editing from enterprising people in the future, I don't know.

Tobbe
11-28-2013, 11:22 AM
I took a quick look at SpeedFan ( I have a JX), but it doesn't seem to work. Only detects one fan (the CPU one), its readings are way off (RPM was shown in the millions) and no visible way to change anything. I strongly suspect you won't be able to modify the fan tables, at least not with software. There may be some bios editing from enterprising people in the future, I don't know.

Thanks for trying it out. I will still try SpeedFan (just confirm that your findings is the same for the JH version). Hopefully we can find a Fan control solution that works.

Pitcher@asus
11-29-2013, 02:03 AM
i think tool only can monitor fan speed, but can not control fan speed, laptop fan speed is auto detect can not set by self.

xartonis
12-04-2013, 08:08 AM
You can probably try RivaTuner. However, it is afaik only for GPU. I used that some years ago.

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html

doggyg
03-06-2014, 02:27 PM
This site for fan xpert is a virus some one needs to take care of him TOBBE

jeffpark1118
03-31-2014, 03:41 AM
I wouldn't use speedfan, I was installing and about to the end, the laptop sorta crashed. ( I own a Asus G750Jm) Anyone know a easy, safe way to clean out the two fans?

nonick96
09-03-2014, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't use speedfan, I was installing and about to the end, the laptop sorta crashed. ( I own a Asus G750Jm) Anyone know a easy, safe way to clean out the two fans?

on rog g750jz start BSOD....

hmscott
09-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Guys, Notebook FanControl works on the G750, kinda bare bones, but the first I have seen that actually works.

The newest version 1.11.19 works for my G750JH, using the Asus M52VA config, installed, changed settings to start with Windows and minimize to systray, and rebooted.

"Finally NBFC is out of beta!"
http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1070494

Download
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6c34bd33ac55ce36&id=6C34BD33AC55CE36!1060&action=Share

R3d Zombie
09-21-2014, 03:00 AM
I confirm that the Notebook Fan Control works wonders for me. I use the G750 JS. In the Fan Controller I use the config for the ASUS Zenbook UX32LN. This lets you control BOTH fans. This is a fantastic find and to the ones who donated to this cause, they really deserve some recognition. ASUS needs to give use some fan utility or I am going to AORUS.

hmscott
09-21-2014, 05:41 AM
I confirm that the Notebook Fan Control works wonders for me. I use the G750 JS. In the Fan Controller I use the config for the ASUS Zenbook UX32LN. This lets you control BOTH fans. This is a fantastic find and to the ones who donated to this cause, they really deserve some recognition. ASUS needs to give use some fan utility or I am going to AORUS.

R3d Zombie, thanks for trying some of the other profiles :)

The ASUS Zenbook UX32LN also works on the G750JH, and it's awesome turning both CPU and GPU fans up to 100%!

For all the stuff I have done on the JH I haven't felt the need for manual fan control, but it is nice to know I now have it for the CPU and GPU fan.

There is also a config editor, have you played around with that?

R3d Zombie
09-21-2014, 04:42 PM
I have just started to poke around the editor. I feel confident in the profile I'm currently using. I am running the fans both at around 37% and I've seen a 14 degree drop in my CPU temps since using this software. And my GPU temps have dropped even more. I may try to mirror the profile for the Zenbook and tweak it from there.

I didn't realize until yesterday my fans were not "Automatically" kicking in to cool my machine for certain programs, after the computer crashed. It was frustrating, even for some games. I'll come back and post any changes and information on configuration editing that I find helps our fan locked community. Cheers!

hmscott
09-21-2014, 04:46 PM
I have just started to poke around the editor. I feel confident in the profile I'm currently using. I am running the fans both at around 37% and I've seen a 14 degree drop in my CPU temps since using this software. And my GPU temps have dropped even more. I may try to mirror the profile for the Zenbook and tweak it from there.

I didn't realize until yesterday my fans were not "Automatically" kicking in to cool my machine for certain programs, after the computer crashed. It was frustrating, even for some games. I'll come back and post any changes and information on configuration editing that I find helps our fan locked community. Cheers!

R3d Zombie, did you reinstall the OS, Windows 7 or Windows 8.1?

The stock OS install automatically adjusts the fan speeds - exception is that you can force Full fan speed for the GPU in the Asus Tweak Tool for laptops - which only works in Windows 8.1.

That is a big fail if the fans aren't automatically adjusting for temperature increases / load.

Wulff
09-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Did anyone have succes with building a config file for the asus g750jz serie theren? when i tred this software yesterday it did work yes but with all settings on auto it took very long before the cpu fan turned on if it did turn on at all hehe tried only at idle . after i uninstalled the program the fans kicked in again at almost full speed and only a reboot got things back to normal, that was with that zenbook profile that had 2 fan controls

hmscott
09-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Did anyone have succes with building a config file for the asus g750jz serie theren? when i tred this software yesterday it did work yes but with all settings on auto it took very long before the cpu fan turned on if it did turn on at all hehe tried only at idle . after i uninstalled the program the fans kicked in again at almost full speed and only a reboot got things back to normal, that was with that zenbook profile that had 2 fan controls

Wulff, it's not a reliable tool for managing G750 fans. :)

It will let you turn on the fans manually, and set the speed, but as you found sometimes it gets stuck and you need to reboot to reset the fan control.

I don't use it, but there is a crying desire for fan control on the G750, and so far, Notebook Fan Control is the only option - but the author does say it is in development, and it isn't complete.

You can play around with the config editor if you like, there are likely some tweaks in there to do to make things better - but if I was going to play with it, which I am not - the G750JH manages the fans just fine - I would get the source code and get in touch with the developer and work with him and the source code to get it working fully on the G750's.

Someone? Anyone? :)

Wulff
09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
yes hmscott that seems to be the best option , cause i do like that the cpu fan is more silent. so a fan table that spins up faster at lets say 50 degrees instead of as it is now and fan mostly spins around 2300 rpm at idle. with this notebook fan control it spinned at 1900 rpm, sounds like not a lot but it is the difference between dead silent and silent haha. and from what i could see temp of the cpu didnt rise superfast with this 1900rpm, only at idle ofc

Qnexus
10-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Any news? ...Asus really should give us a software with more options and control for the fans not the off or max speed of the gpu tweak. i still don't understand how could somone even think of an option like this off or max?? come on Asus next time you could at least include the medium speed option

hmscott
10-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Any news? ...Asus really should give us a software with more options and control for the fans not the off or max speed of the gpu tweak. i still don't understand how could somone even think of an option like this off or max?? come on Asus next time you could at least include the medium speed option

Qnexus, IDK if Asus has their engineers read these User support forums, they are really just for us users. If you want to request improvements you need to file the request with Asus via a Technical Inquiry or Feedback.

You can file a Technical Inquiry with your request here:

https://vip.asus.com <== Create a login here, register your laptop, and fill out a Technical Inquiry form.

And, here are the other communications routes, including Feedback:

http://support.asus.com/contactus.aspx

Geek Shogunat
10-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Wow, i've just send my G750JX to ASUS cuz i thought fans didn't worked well (Pc crashed a lot cuz of high temps) and then I see this post... LEL

hmscott
10-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Wow, i've just send my G750JX to ASUS cuz i thought fans didn't worked well (Pc crashed a lot cuz of high temps) and then I see this post... LEL

Geek Shogunat, the JX should control it's temps / fan speed without your direct intervention. So if it was crashing for high temps, then there is something that needs fixing, so it is good you sent it in for repair. :)

I don't find a need for any additional fan control software myself. I understand the desire to control it manually, but it is unnecessary if the laptop is working correctly, and most are working correctly.

The JM/JS/JZ Nvidia GPU fan is the exception. For some reason Asus didn't program in the full fan curve, and don't automatically increase the GPU fan as far as possible, so either you click the option for Full Fan Speed in the Asus Tweak Tool for Laptops - or you use something like Notebook Fan Control.

The JX, doesn't need to do this, it should automatically increase the GPU/CPU fan speed to max available rpm as needed.

Your JX should come back fixed and able to handle all the temperature control on it's own just fine, without Notebook Fan Control or any other manual intervention.

Geek Shogunat
10-05-2014, 01:05 AM
Geek Shogunat, the JX should control it's temps / fan speed without your direct intervention. So if it was crashing for high temps, then there is something that needs fixing, so it is good you sent it in for repair. :)

I don't find a need for any additional fan control software myself. I understand the desire to control it manually, but it is unnecessary if the laptop is working correctly, and most are working correctly.

The JM/JS/JZ Nvidia GPU fan is the exception. For some reason Asus didn't program in the full fan curve, and don't automatically increase the GPU fan as far as possible, so either you click the option for Full Fan Speed in the Asus Tweak Tool for Laptops - or you use something like Notebook Fan Control.

The JX, doesn't need to do this, it should automatically increase the GPU/CPU fan speed to max available rpm as needed.

Your JX should come back fixed and able to handle all the temperature control on it's own just fine, without Notebook Fan Control or any other manual intervention.

hmscott, you are like god here. Thanks

Lets pray that Asus Mexico Service Center can solve mi pc issues. Amen.

Meanwhile, what do you guys suggest me to do while I've no laptop?

hmscott
10-05-2014, 01:09 AM
hmscott, you are like god here. Thanks
Lets pray that Asus Mexico Service Center can solve mi pc issues. Amen.
Meanwhile, what do you guys suggest me to do while I've no laptop?

Geek Shogunat, do you have a desktop, tablet, smartphone?

if you have a local shop that gives you 30 days to return, pick up one of the above for the month the G750JX is gone - and keep it in the end if you like it!

Or, you could buy parts and put together a new desktop!

Keep us up to date :)

Darnassus
10-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Why do people want to control their fans, anyhow? The system knows what is best.. I mean.. do people know that if they turn their fans down because of the "noise", the system overheats and their chips begin to corrode, and if they turn them up.. the bearings in the fans will burn out? The system has a balance and the fans to full on when above 65*C - 70*C..

elfis
08-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Why do people want to control their fans, anyhow? The system knows what is best.. I mean.. do people know that if they turn their fans down because of the "noise", the system overheats and their chips begin to corrode, and if they turn them up.. the bearings in the fans will burn out? The system has a balance and the fans to full on when above 65*C - 70*C..

full on when above 65*C ?? my have 35 when 66*C !!

I'm using my laptop to render (vray) wardrobes when I'm working in my showroom. CPU usage is 100% for few hours and laptop set fan speed at 35% (66deg C) . I'm using Fan Control to maximize FAN speed and reduce temperature to 56deg C (just when I'm rendering). Vray use lot of CPU for example if I turn prime95 I get CPU at 63C max on vray 66+C.