PDA

View Full Version : G55 suspended after that gives the "Reboot and Select proper boot device" error?!

Teemu
11-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Hello ROG people!

This is what happened: My G55 was on suspended state (yes, I've been reading the forums and now I know you should never suspend the lappy...) and I turned it on again. My web browser was already open and I started to surf the web when I noticed that the whole screen kind of froze and the machine restarted itself straight to BIOS.

After that it started to give me "Reboot and Select proper boot device" error when trying to boot up Windows. Then I checked the BIOS settings and the machine detected the HD, but it wasn't recognized in the BIOS boot options at all. Only my DVD-drive was there. Now I'm trying to read the HD (Seagate Momentus 750gb) from another Windows machine and it looks like the drive and the partitions are there, but Windows can't read them.

Anybody know what has happened? After the suspension my HD started to act this way... My G55 is about year old and the HD hasn't made any noises or anything suspicious before. Only thing that hasn't worked very well is the optical drive that doesn't want to read all DVD-movies... Any tips what to try before sending out to Asus? Would like to get some pics out of the drive... Thanks!

Teemu
11-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Suspended = in hibernation

Clintlgm
11-28-2013, 03:54 PM
I would try a repair install and see if that could repair your boot sector

GottiBoi55
11-28-2013, 04:03 PM
I would try a repair install and see if that could repair your boot sector

I second that, sounds like your in need of a start up repair (boot sector)

Pitcher@asus
11-29-2013, 01:59 AM
unplug power code and battery, also unplug HDD for a while, maybe 2-5 min, then plug again and into BIOS to see BIOS are able to detect HDD, if not, also you can try update BIOS, if still help, you shoule send service center to check it.

Teemu
11-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Did the unplugging of power and HDD but didn't help. It's hard to imagine that the HD would be broken because it hasn't made any noise nor give any signals and it's about year old. I've been doing lot's of file copying with it though... Do you know if the Intel AES-NI or the Anti-theft technology would prevent me to see the drive on other Windows Machines? I had them Enabled in Bios. Also updated the BIOS, didn't help either... Linux at least sees the disk and the partitions. Wouldn't want to send it to Service Center now...