PDA

View Full Version : G51v problems

DJpuffins
11-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi,

I have a G51v it is 4 years old or so. Basically everytime I run a modern game I get graphics errors. The game will glich and then freeze. If I hit ctrl alt deltee it usually unfreezes. It is getting to the point that I have to do it constantly. I have a 260M currently installed.

It is important to note when I say modern, it includes new games and ones I played a few years ago that functioned fine on the laptop. I applied some paste to the GPU and CPU and my temp is not that high, in the 70-79. I am assuming the thing is just dying at this point.

Is this a common error? Can I replace the GPU on this laptop? Is it even the GPU? Or is this a symptom of bigger problems? A new laptop is out of the question for now.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Deathisgod
11-28-2013, 07:24 PM
http://www.cnet.com/laptops/asus-g51vx-rx05-15/4507-3121_7-33712903.html

if that is the laptop you are talking about... ... its time to upgrade...

I wouldnt waste money trying to upgrade, but use your monies to buy something more modern.

If thats not in the budget, try putting all graphic settings on low or ultra low (if there is an ultra low setting) all AA and fxaa off.

Pitcher@asus
11-29-2013, 01:48 AM
you know the game is make to power more and more, i think you laptop can not run game of modern, you laptop may not be activating game.