PDA

View Full Version : Power problem with a G53JW

gitman
11-28-2013, 05:03 PM
hey guys,

i'm having a problem with my G53JW and i really hope that you'll be able to help me with it.

i had the laptop for a couple of years, then i had the power jack issue, i tired swapping the mobo for a new one i bought online but when i plug in the power cord it just starts up by itself without me even pushing the power button, the screen is black and after a couple of seconds it restarts. while this happens the power light is on, the caps light is on, and the RoG button light is on, but nothing happens besides that, no sound or anything :(

i tried different CMOS batteries and ram configs, but nothing helps.

thanks in advance,

alex.

Pitcher@asus
11-29-2013, 01:43 AM
you mean you bought MB from online shop? when you plug power code, it auto power up, are you push power button to shot down, then push power button to power on system? is it still no screen? can you check LCD cabel is complete connect when you swap MB.

gitman
11-29-2013, 01:48 PM
yes, i bought the MB from an online store. it auto powers up when i plug the power cord, the lights that are on are: power button, caps lock, num lock and the keyboard light button. if i push the power button to shut it down it just shuts down, then powers up again, and then it starts and endless restart routine. i also thought that the problem was the vga, so i bought a new one aswell, that didn't help :(

gitman
11-29-2013, 01:50 PM
also, when i try to turn it on with only battery in, it wont let me.