PDA

View Full Version : G75VW with 75 to 80c GPU heat, is that okay?

joyfulPo
11-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Is that okay when I'm playing a simple game like Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft? Card game. :confused:

Also few days ago, I was up really late and my laptop starting to give me electric shock and I was maybe just a bit clammy on my hands, but it didn't stop.

Constantly eletric shock if I came near the buttons!

But that was just one time, the eletric shock thing.

Anyways, 75 to 80c CPU heat in-game, wonder if that is good or bad?

rewben
11-29-2013, 11:50 AM
as long as it's not above 85c, it's fine. you can try some heavy games and find out the max temperature.

joyfulPo
11-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Right now it's over 94c :confused:
Playing World of Warcraft on medium settings.

joyfulPo
11-29-2013, 09:27 PM
98c in Battlefield 4 with mass lag on lowest settings :(

Clintlgm
11-29-2013, 11:23 PM
not sounding good for you there JoyfulPo might be time for a repasting?

joyfulPo
11-29-2013, 11:31 PM
not sounding good for you there JoyfulPo might be time for a repasting?
Repasting = Losing warrant, yes?
If so, I don't think I wanna do that.

GottiBoi55
11-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Repasting = Losing warrant, yes?
If so, I don't think I wanna do that.

Yes, that will void your warranty, if you do this yourself!
You need to RMA for re-pasting at the Asus service center!
Just make sure you explain in great detail to the service tech your problem.

SHADO
11-30-2013, 02:48 AM
How long have you had your G75, and have you cleaned the fans lately?

joyfulPo
11-30-2013, 10:11 AM
How long have you had your G75, and have you cleaned the fans lately?
1 year, yes I have cleaned the fans also.

SHADO
11-30-2013, 02:33 PM
1 year, yes I have cleaned the fans also.

Yeah, like others have said, sounds like a repaste is needed. :(

joelang6126
11-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Im in the same position. Bought my G55VW about 6 months ago usedto max out about 75C. Now it idles at 55C at maxs out at 95C. I had a shop recently apply new paste (because i couldnt be bothered with the disassembly process) which wasn't anything special, No change. Im going to have to do it myself with Arctic Silver 5. PLaying moderate games has the system reaching 85C in minutes. Ive been reading that on some models there was a clear plastic cover left on the heatsink side duringing the building process, I wonder if this is the case here. Im really unhappy with the temps im getting. I spent $3000 on this machine for the cooling system which has fallen flat on its face after only a few months.

GottiBoi55
12-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Im in the same position. Bought my G55VW about 6 months ago usedto max out about 75C. Now it idles at 55C at maxs out at 95C. I had a shop recently apply new paste (because i couldnt be bothered with the disassembly process) which wasn't anything special, No change. Im going to have to do it myself with Arctic Silver 5. PLaying moderate games has the system reaching 85C in minutes. Ive been reading that on some models there was a clear plastic cover left on the heatsink side duringing the building process, I wonder if this is the case here. Im really unhappy with the temps im getting. I spent $3000 on this machine for the cooling system which has fallen flat on its face after only a few months.

Yeah your temps are not good!
I've had my G75VW for 18 months now, and I rarely hit 75C (Average 70-72C in game), and average idle temps are between 34-36C
I ran Furmark stress test, and maxed out @ 82C! (15 minutes run)
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones who has a good factory paste job!

Yes, I seen a YouTube video showing the plastic film you mentioned.
I think it's what you would see with new parts, you know how they are wrapped with plastic wrap?

You should RMA for re-paste service while still under warranty.

sinhit
01-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Is that okay when I'm playing a simple game like Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft? Card game. :confused:

Also few days ago, I was up really late and my laptop starting to give me electric shock and I was maybe just a bit clammy on my hands, but it didn't stop.

Constantly eletric shock if I came near the buttons!

But that was just one time, the eletric shock thing.

Anyways, 75 to 80c CPU heat in-game, wonder if that is good or bad?

Hi guys, I have a small question about "electric shock" ? Can anyone tell me more about this? I think I have same problem on my G750JX

Thanks