PDA

View Full Version : Sound Stutter in "Music" and Games

Zampolit
11-30-2013, 01:02 PM
I just got my 750JX a couple of days ago, did all of the Win8 patches optional/required, and then did the 8.1 upgrade before I did anything. I finally sit down to start doing some gaming, load steam, and while doing it I listen to some of the songs. While I did notice my right speaker sounds blown/mute, I almost returned it....may still. But, figured I'd mostly have headphones on so can suffer through it. But, that's not the real problem...and wondering if I should RMA...

Issue #1:
I had copied some songs onto the HD and notice a "silent pause" that happens ever so often while listening through the music app. I then started paying attention at the pause in the "time" of the occurance, backed up the song to that spot and the next time it would be ok!

Issue #2:
A little weirded by that, I went ahead and decided to play some M&B:Warband & L4D2 and noticed that both also have a bit of a sound stutter/pause/overlap that happens ever so often

Notes:
-I do NOT notice any gameplay/responsiveness stutter. ITs sound only
-I did run both of those UDP(or whatever that measures your responsiveness of your system/drivers) and it was ~1000udp (which said it was fine)

My system:
-750JX
-Bios:208
-Win 8.1 with the drivers it loaded for the machine

Notes:
-While I write this, I see someone else pointing to a 7048 Realtek 8.1 driver that I'm going to try to see if tat resolves the issue.

hmscott
11-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Notes:
-While I write this, I see someone else pointing to a 7048 Realtek 8.1 driver that I'm going to try to see if tat resolves the issue.

Where did you find .7048? I am using .7040 and no lag/stutter under Windows 8.1 - I tried .7083 but I got bad keyboard lag and lip sync lag. Let us know how the .7048 works for you :)

Here is the .7040 link in case .7048 doesn't work out...
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38118-Sonic-Radar-Realtek-Audio-Driver-V6.0.1.7040-for-Windows-Win-8.1&p=318262&viewfull=1#post318262

BTW, on Windows 8.1 you can use the Asus installer ok.

Zampolit
12-02-2013, 05:02 PM
no version has worked yet, I did use your .7040.

Really darn annoying in music/games to hear a "silent pause" ever so often and then have it cram/ignore that segment of the sound. I did try removing the "give exclusive control" option as well in case it was competing with something else, but that didn't work either.

Well, going to RMA this because it also has a flat right speaker. On more chance on Asus, next time will be return and go with alternate brands as I need a laptop asap. (this doubles as work laptop)

jbreeze228
12-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I thought the current version was .7083? Been running it for two weeks no prob

Pierre990429
12-02-2013, 08:01 PM
For my G750JH, I use the 6.0.1.6976 version from Asus Download Center. Works great and has the ROG "outfit".
There is a newer V6.0.1.7023, but I guess it's only the version where you don't have to delete the rtkhdaud.dat file from the install.

(using Win8, not 8.1)

jbreeze228
12-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Well the .7083 version didn't require me to delete that file and it has the ROG skin and I'm on 8.1

Zampolit
12-03-2013, 05:12 PM
So today, for the first time, I was listening to pandora...no problem/stutter that I heard.

So, coincidence?

I have confirmed at least through "Music" and the game "L4D2" it happens in BOTH headphones and speakers.

Can someone try then using the music app? Maybe its specific apps, trying to use the realtek a specific way...and takes "Control" of it? Since pandora is browser-based it may be different.

I did notice that there is a volume in "music" that is different than the real system volume...leading me to think its two different things. Maybe leading somewhere or am I trying to hard to not have to RMA this thing?