PDA

View Full Version : Broadcom ac does not detect wireless networks

DSmith
12-01-2013, 02:10 AM
My JX with the Broadcom chip under Windows 7 doesn't detect any wireless connections, although the chip itself seems operational and the driver is up to date (used the Dell Driver as described in several guides for installing Windows 7). Up until an hour ago it worked fine, now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?

And yes, it's not the access point...

hmscott
12-01-2013, 02:30 AM
My JX with the Broadcom chip under Windows 7 doesn't detect any wireless connections, although the chip itself seems operational and the driver is up to date (used the Dell Driver as described in several guides for installing Windows 7). Up until an hour ago it worked fine, now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. Any ideas?

And yes, it's not the access point...

You could try inSSIDer and see what it see's through the wireless card.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

I just started it and remembered I had to turn on my Wifi, I am on ethernet most of the time. There are a couple of places that Wifi can be turned off. Also, battery mode can turn off Wifi to save power.

If your card shows up, click the Network tab, and you can see the router/ap's in reception range.

DSmith
12-01-2013, 10:35 AM
That's very interesting... InSSIDer is running fine, and it's recognizing the card, but it sees no wireless networks in range, and I'm practically sitting on the router. I'll try playing with the power settings next

Edit: Tried the power settings, no change, wireless still doesn't see any connections, it's as if the antennas were disconnected (which they aren't).

wesnaly
12-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Heya, Faced that problem and solved it by simply rolling back the driver to the previous version.

DSmith
12-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Where did you find the previous version? I downloaded the Dell Broadcom driver cause the Asus one won't install on Windows 7. Which version is the one which is working for you?

wesnaly
12-02-2013, 03:13 PM
I reverted back to version 3.0.0.130

DSmith
12-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Regrettably, you are talking about a Qualcomm chip, while I am talking about a Broadcom chip. There is only one driver available for Windows 7 and it is the Dell Driver version 6.30.95.31.

I'm wondering whether it's possible to extract the ini file from the Windows 8 driver and use it to update the driver for the adapter...

Anyone else have any ideas?

WatchGuard
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Try using the drivers in this RAR file. It gave me an Asus driver that was updated a few months ago.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40168-Downgrading-Complete-set-of-W7-64bit-Drivers-in-RAR-Usefull-Asus-Software