PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonderland 2013

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Arne Saknussemm
12-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Heh aren't we all supposed to be using the same thing? Which one :confused::o

But yeah I since thought I should assign it to a different core and low priority I guess....more tweaking...

Dartmaul
12-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow Arne, awesome run!

I just found my old scree made on 3820.
http://i.imgur.com/11dvdqX.png

You win like 1.5 sec on the last loop, how can it be?

nikosa43
12-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Vizman can we use TempGt? please,please,please,please :)

HiVizMan
12-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah as long as we can see the idle and load temps

nikosa43
12-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Danke schön, Viz

chrsplmr
12-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Viz, can you link the wazza guide you did again ??? Please. .c.

Arne Saknussemm
12-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Wow Arne, awesome run!..

..how can it be?

If you liked that you'll like this..

It's all in the wazza Dartmaul...it's all in the wazza...

I've had great fun today :D

Pi32M 6m 29.047

meankeys
12-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks Guy's

Wazza matter for you? I guess Ill have to start looking in to this wazza thingy looks like it works.

Nice run Arne - Everyone has been posting great scores. You guy's are my inspiration. I love these challenges Thanks HiViz

BigChris
12-15-2013, 06:08 PM
just got the gtx 770 installed very first 3d mark run

Arne Saknussemm
12-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Cheers meankeys! yes, wazza works and it's hypnotic fun....your scores are my inspiration LOL you're like 10s quicker already...I think your platform is more efficient for this but I've tried to close the gap...

Viz wrote a good wazza guide....I'm sure he'll post it up...

There's a tool too called OCX spi tweaker...

BigChris! new toy! like it ;)

Dartmaul
12-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Arne I was using wazza too.

I have OCX spi tweaker but BenchTec toolbox is much better)

Arne Saknussemm
12-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Hmm on what OS... XP? stripped non stripped?

Viz said manual is better so I do that....never tried the tools

Tried my Pi Ram today but couldn't get it stable on 32M with CPU OCd to 5.1 where it would would work on 1M or 4M and lower OC

But I can get the timings on my DomPlats tighter than a gnat's chuff so all good for now...:D

EDIT: actually Dart I see what you mean...that run of yours was quicker all the way to the end...curiouser and curiouser..

nikosa43
12-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Last night's wazza harvest :)

SPi32 : 6m 17.031s

SPi32 : 6m 16.375s

SPi32 : 6m 16.156s

Mem tweakit included to see the scaling

Nodens
12-16-2013, 04:21 AM
As for Chris and Sola, I hope AMD's R&D department recognize their dedication and passion and bring them, the new secret Intel killer silicone for testing.

That would also need some time traveling because AMD is not releasing an Enthusiast/High Performance line at all in 2015 and looks like 2016 as well.

That may be true for an unstripped Vista - the WR that we hold on Vista for a number of benchmarks (last few months) clearly shows that Vista in certain benchmarks rules. Proof is in the records. :D

Which benchmarks are those VIz? I'm interested in seeing why that happens. It shouldn't in theory. Probably 7 and 8 were not stripped down to the same level in comparison.

Thanks for the advices (Nodens, Vizman), not forget that part of the fun for me is the research of things. I didn't have the time to strip Vista, that's true. I follow a pattern to test OSs, disabling lots of things and keeping services about 30, so more or less they are about the same stage when I run the benches, just to make a rough evaluation about their efficiency. Win 8 and 7 clearly shows better efficiency before anyone go further and tweak more. Of course combination of drivers can make a huge difference after that.

Know that there are more services than those visible in the Services MMC and several other things (eg settings) that are not visible to the user that are applied via registry settings. Take a look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es in the registry editor and see the amount of service keys there. Also proper stripping requires to remove some windows features entirely which takes some trickery to do. For example the presence of Internet Explorer on a Windows installation (and its version which is different for every Windows version) will slow things down because IE comes with some dlls that are loaded globally for all applications. For example NTFS on 8.1 comes with the Last Accessed timestamp disabled which makes File I/O faster, in order to benefit from this on earlier Windows versions you have to manually set the flag in the registry or with fsutil (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785435.aspx) -- Tip of the day :). Subtle stuff like that make a difference.

Arne Saknussemm
12-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Last night's wazza harvest

That wazza harvest will get you through the WinterWonderland for sure....very nice Nikosa!

meankeys
12-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Nick awesome run my friend :)

you wouldn't happen to have a copy of the wazza guide?

meankeys
12-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Here's my 5278 MHz run
I cant get my 7950's to run @ 1700 MHz on air. do they make a water block for the 7950's? I have been boning up on flashing the bios on my vid cards but dont have the nads just yet. I will need some help with that.

RB - 94991
Spi - 6m 18.815

I found this tweak guide = http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=35053
does this look like what you guy's are using? - Thank You

chrsplmr
12-16-2013, 11:52 AM
WOW Mean .. great to see this grow .. .c.

HiVizMan
12-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Which benchmarks are those VIz? I'm interested in seeing why that happens. It shouldn't in theory. Probably 7 and 8 were not stripped down to the same level in comparison.

Tip of the day :). Subtle stuff like that make a difference.

3DMark05 and 06 - My Vista OS for the 05 benchmark is smaller than most retail XP once done. You have one shot at the benchmark, what that means you have it set up, you have your OC dialed in, you have all your tweaks in place, you get one run of the benchmark only. The second and third runs are all lower in points.

Your Tip of the day is most valuable.

HiVizMan
12-16-2013, 12:34 PM
EDIT: actually Dart I see what you mean...that run of yours was quicker all the way to the end...curiouser and curiouser..

Good Wazza - and good memory tertiary timings.

nikosa43
12-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Sp32 is for PhD by itself. Haven't touch the tertiary timmings yet and I don't know if I will :). @Mkeys I have the link you posted.
See also, http://www.devhardware.com/forums/benchmarking-tools-23/tweaks-for-benching-disscussion-thread-180955.html and this in Italian I think http://www.nexthardware.com/forum/overclocking-e-cpu/61074-superpi-v1-5-tweaks.html.
Also watched this video to understand what I have to expect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2VdSWktL_g and my wazza file is a 4.7Gbyte mkv video :)
I run copy wazza with a .bat file (how you prepare, in the Italian link, to make the procedure automated).
No time to spend :D
Haven't followed everything to the point, but worked for decent results.
BTW, awesome scores :)

HiVizMan
12-16-2013, 01:28 PM
That wazza file is a bit large hmm?

I posted up a guide some time ago, can someone please upload a Super Pi 32mil guide link to download here please.

Myk SilentShadow
12-16-2013, 02:13 PM
'ere we go Boss: https://www.mediafire.com/?f1wnsc3kxsxqafm <---SuperPi Guide

HiVizMan
12-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Outstanding Myk

nikosa43
12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
That wazza file is a bit large hmm?

Of course it may be :) That's why I say, the whole thing is for PhD.
There are so many factors (Hardware and Software) someone has to try for a specific system, that will take ages to optimize.
I started from stripped winxp with no chipset installed and disabled everything from BIOS, including HT. In the device manager, I disabled anything asked for a driver and things not needed.
I only installed GPU driver but not from installer. Through device manager I updated manually with the proper .inf showing the path to an extracted NVIDIA driver. Activated LSC from registry, and made the changes for Background services and System Cashe. I disabled page file and set default RAM timmings.
Then using Priffinity, I set affinity to the remaining services to cores 234 and for SP32 to core 1. Made a couple of runs restarting system each time. Then core 2 for SP32 and other cores for remaining services and so on, until I found the most powerfull core. The difference is as big as 0.5 seconds from fastest core compared to the slowest.
This is critical because if you dont run a specific core each time you may have done a good tweak or found a good mem timming but because each time runs on random core you may make false judgement and skip it. Then I set maxmem 600 and pci lock through msconfig advanced diag.
I also tried 620, 635, 1024 and 2048. Coppy wazza do not work over 650 for me and with the size of wazza file I use. I havent tried different sizes but I can imagine the combinations. So, I stick with 620 and the .mkv file because I saw that worked. Then I started to play with primary and secondary timmings.
I never benched this thing before, because I found it boring but now I can say that it's the King of 2D as 3DMark01 is for 3D.
If it doesn't respond to tweaks, then its boring :D

HiVizMan
12-16-2013, 04:15 PM
There is a relationship between your maxmem and wazza file size I have found.

nikosa43
12-16-2013, 07:23 PM
There is a relationship between your maxmem and wazza file size I have found. If you want me to try some combination, I 'll be glad to.

Arne Saknussemm
12-16-2013, 07:34 PM
1:3 ;)

When you watch available memory is is dropping to almost nothing?

Nodens
12-16-2013, 07:42 PM
3DMark05 and 06 - My Vista OS for the 05 benchmark is smaller than most retail XP once done.

That's one seriously stripped Vista:)

Arne Saknussemm
12-16-2013, 08:52 PM
HiViz stripping....what a vista! :eek:

? I have been boning up on flashing the bios on my vid cards but dont have the nads just yet.

LOL...same here....;)

Oh and EK don't have full cover waterblocks listed for the DD cards....you could get universal block and cool VRM separately?

nikosa43
12-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Never flashed any VBIOS of my video cards, but I am sure Menthol has a dark and creepy basement that keeps all the evil ones. Even the sticks keep them stored are fluoroscent in the dark from overvoltage :D

Arne Saknussemm
12-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I don't know if I have the cojones to flash my Titans....

Menthol....I think he's in the basement with his new six core as we speak....the neighbours have had their lights flickering...

nikosa43
12-16-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't know if I have the cojones to flash my Titans....Menthol....I think he's in the basement with his new six core as we speak....the neighbours have had their lights flickering... lol, flickering means he reboots in BIOS until he finds the right settings. Wait to see what happens with OS startup... :D

meankeys
12-17-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks guy's

I hear ya's - When I am ready Ill probably hit up Menthol or Zka17 I think Dart and Paw are pretty good with that stuff.

Arne I found these I thought they were full coverage may be wrong. - EK = http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/ati-radeon-full-cover-blocks/ek-fc7970-qcs.html

Lucky my HD 7950's seem to clock very well they are made by XFX

Menthol
12-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Let me see, you will de-lid a cpu, install water blocks, tweak memory chips tell they scream but you won't flash a vid bios?
Flashing a vid card bios is rather simple, make sure you have either on die graphics or another card to boot to just in case of a bad flash.
The flickering light is when my 2 brain cells accidentally bump into each other and cause a spark, that's usually when I get a bright idea and kill some hardware or OS install or have a killer bench run.

Still no CPU, I think some fat ass in a red suite and white beard flew off with it, I'll probably get a package show up with a lump of coal in it. Seriously, I have contacted newegg, FedEx, and post office, and now paypal to start a claim

meankeys
12-17-2013, 01:35 AM
:rolleyes: well your right :) I would like to find a good bios editor or even just unlock it. I would feel safer with some guidance.

Bummer they lost your chip. I hate when that happens been there do that :(

Menthol
12-17-2013, 02:58 AM
WhitePaw is the 7950 Master

meankeys
12-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks Menthol

I will hit him up for some info for sure.

What tool do you use/like for overclocking your vid? I have been using trixx

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Arne I found these I thought they were full coverage may be wrong. - EK = http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/ati-radeon-full-cover-blocks/ek-fc7970-qcs.html

Hmm... I think that fits the reference design you have the XFX DD in your sig right?...when I put that in the EK cooling configurator ( http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/)it returns no full block...I guess PCB is differnt

meankeys
12-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Hmm... I think that fits the reference design you have the XFX DD in your sig right?...when I put that in the EK cooling configurator ( http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/)it returns no full block...I guess PCB is differnt

Ok noob question what the differences between a reference card and non-reference card:rolleyes:

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 10:09 AM
It's to do with the layout of the components on the PCB.....reference means the standard design from AMD the basic stock cards. Non reference means other companies take the GPU core and stick it on a PCB that they may have designed themselves...with different VRM etc and different layout of components.....means the waterblock that fits the standard layout wont fit the modified versions....unfortunately.

However you can get pretty good results from using universal blocks and a strong airflow on the VRMs....not as good as full block but beats air...

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Yip that is pretty close Arne 1: 3 you play with both together to see what gives you the best outcomes. Does take time of course but when you are needing to cut 2/3 seconds from a time a good wazza is the difference.

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Any hints on where we should be headed with SPi32M and wazza? I've no idea if the times are any good...or not....having fun reading over the Pi comp thread and laughing at my noobness but not sure I've moved on much hehe....

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Each CPU will have their own target of course, for the 3xxx I would suggest 6.30 @5.2GHz

nikosa43
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
...guys what's the 1:3 thing? :)

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 02:06 PM
The ratio you wanted....Max mem to wazza file size :-)

Viz you just said that to make me happy....but I'll take that hehe

nikosa43
12-17-2013, 03:58 PM
The ratio you wanted....Max mem to wazza file size :-) oops, thanks Arne. I thought that wazza file has to be about half of your physical memory. I need to make some tests.

Nodens
12-17-2013, 05:25 PM
One more thing about reference cards. They are all the same no matter what company sticker they carry. They are all made in the same factory by Nvidia or AMD then sold to OEMs who brand them. It's when you buy a non-reference, custom card that the brand becomes important as it directly affects quality. Most custom cards though (not all) don't have a difference on the actual PCB but only in VRAM quantity, cooling solution and preprogrammed clocks.

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Many of the so called OC or custom cards simply have a different cooler slapped on it and a factory OC that you could do yourself.

Nodens
12-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Exactly:)

meankeys
12-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the info Guy's

So having a non-reference card is better in terms of quality but not so good for accessories. I used EVGA and XFX for most of my video cards and so far all great cards.

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Reference cards are all the same as you have heard. So there is no difference in quality or anything like that. it is therefore all reduced to price and after sale service question when you buy. XFX are gone - bankrupt.

Accessories as in water blocks and such are easier to source for reference cards.

Nodens
12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Err that's not exactly what I meant. If the cards are reference they're all the same. If the card is actually custom (eg ARES) then who makes it affects the quality of the card and its VBIOS. Most so called custom cards are not custom at all. They just have a different cooler and come preoverclocked. These are the facts. Nowhere did I imply that a custom card is of better quality than a reference card. :)

EDIT: If that was the case I wouldn't use exclusively reference cards now would I? :p

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Nodens there have been some real rubbish non-reference cards made in the last few years. I know of very expensive cards that had their voltage locked and where therefore unable to be overclocked.

Nodens
12-17-2013, 06:01 PM
I know. You can end up with a really bad pre-OC card easily. I've seen several times cards that are preOC'd to an unstable level that are later on fixed with a VBIOS update that relaxes the clocks.. You can't go wrong with reference. I also personally avoid cards that have extra VRAM than the reference design because a lot of times this is done via cutting corners (relaxing latency from the original design spec).

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Had a classic evenings benching here. Gone up a notch with the OC...ran vantage and RB in pretty short order and got some gains and then tried to better my Pi score...no way to do it.....wazza after wazza wasn't going my way and then I stopped...and changed BIOS. I tell you nothing I could do on 3101 would let me drop below 6m30 for Pi....change to 1404 and after a few wazzas...frustrating turned to grinning:D:D

CPU 5150Mhz RAM 2472MHZ single Titan

SPi32M 6m25.015

Vantage 54356

RB 108146

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I like Arne, very good 32Mil

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 08:14 PM
I like Arne, very good 32Mil

Cheers Viz!! (quite literally...glass of calvados here) having great fun .... I do believe I'm coming to understand your appreciation of 32Mil:)

I'd have to second (or third) what you guys have said Re. Ref vs non-Ref. I would say ref every time, after my brief sojourn into non ref territory....do your own OC....you'll want to watercool them so no point throwing away an expensive cooler. In a case, ref blower designs vent heat out of the case not in it....the list is quite long...

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 08:34 PM
32 Mil is certainly my favourite benchmark of all the 2D genre. There is just so much you can tweak and do that will influence the outcomes with this benchmark. Some of the time it is the little things that can make the difference, small detail matters here. A process running in the back ground that is arbitrarily removed does not equal an improvement in time. For example I found that my best times are achieved with some of the com elements of the OS still present. Remove them all and I drop 3 - 5 seconds.

Some of you guys are way better at 32 mil then you give your self credit for I must say. But you are not done yet. Arne are you using Memtweak yet to fine tune memory?

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 08:56 PM
No I haven't used that...you reckon I should look there? I've whittled things down bit by bit in the BIOS...

I'm running 9-11-11-24-1T, 4-96-9-4-16-4-8, 0-0-0-0-3-3-1-1-3-0

For all my improvement with RAM...I still think I'm only scratching the surface of understanding it...but heck that's better than the last time I ran 32Mil:o

Oh and I'm on standard XP install...have to try and get a stripped version to install....I had problems installing Tiny XP...

meankeys
12-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Nodends I know you didn't mean that I was asking. thanks for the info I understand now. Bummer xfx is out of business.

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Could you try something for me when you get a chance.

Your primary timings. 9-11-11-24

Would you please try 32 for me and see how your last 6 loops go.

Rockford
12-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Guys, where is the score table, we having problems placing the bets like it is now..

Well, i am the bookie, but i am getting PMs about this from my "clients"

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Could you try something for me when you get a chance.

Your primary timings. 9-11-11-24

Would you please try 32 for me and see how your last 6 loops go.

Sure thing....that is something I was wondering about....should be the previous 3 added right....will get on to it...

HiVizMan
12-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Paw I am meant to be doing the score table, and I have not had time to focus on it. I have been catching up on sleep after the marathon benching session I did over the last week. My sincere apologies.

I will get right onto it tomorrow morning. Now I am going to sleep again.

Edit: I am willing to post up a google document of the results so that you guys can update your own submissions, and then I can simply work the results out and not have to troll through pages and pages of threads to find the submissions.

Edit:2 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5DhO2lX45zdFMyWlMyekcxX1B2RHpHODNHY2tBQ kE#gid=0

Rockford
12-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Chhhiiinooo.......:cool:

Yeah i know, its the 7,9ghz hangover, no cure, no remedy

Rockford
12-17-2013, 09:13 PM
btw> Isopropanol and moose urine cocktail+ Arnes superchilled -110c leather-thongs wrapped around you forehead, sitting in bathtub, full of floating yellow chanterelles, and deep frozen lobsters, id say that would fix you up in no time..

if it feels odd, jut add an umbrella in the cocktail

chrsplmr
12-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Edit:2 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5DhO2lX45zdFMyWlMyekcxX1B2RHpHODNHY2tBQ kE#gid=0

That's cool.

*Updated.

I got a good Solid dead last or 2nd in AMD .. lol .. which is the way I will tell it. .c.
I lost a bit in RB2 to improve a bit in 3dVantage and SuperPi32 .. boy oh boy ..
do I have an itch to spill some LN2 .. I know, Not gunna happen ~sigh~ ..c.

Arne Saknussemm
12-17-2013, 10:36 PM
LOL chrs! Viz has to put the results through some crafty formula or something yet...so you never know :)

Hahahahaha!

meankeys
12-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Thanks for that picture Paw...:)

Well playing with wazza. I have know idea if I am doing it right but I did pull a 6m 9.625

I don't think I have my memory and pagefile size correct.

6m 9.625

6m 9.359

twisted1
12-18-2013, 07:20 AM
btw> Isopropanol and moose urine cocktail

I thought I was hooked on isopropanol, can we add this too the, stuff you can do with isopropanol wiki? :D

HiVizMan
12-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Actually guys what I am going to be doing with the results is very simple. I will make it up as I go along and award first place to the person who has sent me the biggest Christmas present.

Arne thanks for the case of Speckled Hem mate, Pay the Mercedes fits my driveway perfectly :)

Arne Saknussemm
12-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Hahaa! somehow that doesn't seem that unreasonable LOL

meankeys...nice clocks and nice run!:D

nikosa43
12-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Dear HiVizMan, accept this small present from my behalf.

I wish you Merry Christmas and a happy new year, for you and your beloved family.

P.S I hope you can accomodate it in the back yard

nikosa43
12-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Mkeys, grats mate! I wish I could compete to that clock. Tonight, I 'll send the case outside. With 5 degrees maybe I can do something better :)

HiVizMan
12-18-2013, 10:49 AM
lol and our winner is...

chrsplmr
12-18-2013, 04:00 PM
a drum roll Please ....... ....... .......

HiVizMan
12-18-2013, 04:31 PM
a drum roll Please ....... ....... .......

Not all the gifts are in. Once they are all here in my little mits then I shall judge the winner. :D :D

Nodens
12-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I just mailed mine. It's a private "Benchgirls on Ice" show. I can not really describe it accurately as I'd have to censor myself immediately afterwards. It also includes free bar, Liquid Nitrogen and the ultra rare Liquid Helium-3. NDA signature is required by both the participant and the hosts of the show as what happens on ice, stays on ice.

Maybe I can win without participating! :p

chrsplmr
12-18-2013, 06:32 PM

darkage
12-18-2013, 06:54 PM
this is what i have been building for mr HivizMan, hope he likes it so i can have time to bench now
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/darkage3000/33fab0a1.jpg (http://s954.photobucket.com/user/darkage3000/media/33fab0a1.jpg.html)

Arne Saknussemm
12-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Ah old Goncalo...

Well, from me...it cost me a few favours and I had to send her on a typing course...you know... for if the certificates need to be shown to anyone...like..er..the missus...but your new secretary is on the way...

HiVizMan
12-18-2013, 08:35 PM
this is what i have been building for mr HivizMan, hope he likes it so i can have time to bench now
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/darkage3000/33fab0a1.jpg (http://s954.photobucket.com/user/darkage3000/media/33fab0a1.jpg.html)

Darrkage mate you are the winner, I have always wondered what I would look like with hair. :D

Ah old Goncalo...

Well, from me...it cost me a few favours and I had to send her on a typing course...you know... for if the certificates need to be shown to anyone...like..er..the missus...but your new secretary is on the way...

Opps sorry Darkage Arne is currently in poll position Yabba-Dabba Do!

twisted1
12-18-2013, 08:55 PM
What is the weird error? And are you able to complete the two CPU tests? If yes you should get a score, disable the feature tests.

I cant run the cpu test 1 at all. CPU test 2 is fine and so are the gpu tests. Here's the error I get.

Tried both the full version and the free version. Will have to try on another win install.

I've been having huge problems with my M5E(recently got a brand new one because the one I had, let's just say it broke :) ) And the new one I get will not work with any GPU(tried at least 5 different, both AMD and nvidia) at all except the intel HD graphics. It's all fine until I install the gpu driver and reboot. All I get then is a black screen. I probably tore my waterloop apart like 10 times the last few days testing just about everything to get it working.

All works fine on my M5G which I'm running now so I will RMA this new M5E board.

Nodens
12-18-2013, 09:08 PM
I think my gift submission wasn't very clear so here's a sneak peek:

PS The show is subzero and fully interactive!

Dartmaul
12-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Spend whole evening BSODing like....oh like these handsome females from Nodens's previous post. H.264 was knocking me out again and again and again and again and again and again..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y)
So after few hour of killing my brain with 124 bsod and my CPU with Vcore I can say for sure: My CPU cannot handle 4.8GHz with normal ambient temps anymore.

It seems that my present to HiViz would be my dead CPU.

But before that silicon dies, I finally succeed in GIMP test.
4930k @ 4801MHz (184.65x26), 4x4GB Hynix CFR @ 2461MHz 9-12-11-24-T1 5-108-10-4-16-5-6-5 0-0-0-0-3-2-1-1-3-0-0

@Thanks to Sola for help.

Nodens
12-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Good stuff!

Arne Saknussemm
12-18-2013, 11:05 PM
These CPUs are finicky at the top end...yesterday I got the benching lair to 17 degrees and could run 5150 but not 5.2....today got to 16 degrees and ran Vantage at 5.2.....I'm waiting for some cold weather this weekend to see if I can run the full set...

Just go outside again...remember there's an old mountaineering adage..."cold feet?...put on a hat"

meankeys
12-19-2013, 12:53 AM
HiViz are you sure this is gona fit in the driveway?

PS with all these great gifts HiViz is getting.... PARTY @ HIVIZMAN house!

Rockford
12-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Party at Viz place??????

Rockford
12-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Or>> OK, who the fck brought Paw..

chrsplmr
12-19-2013, 01:47 AM

Nodens
12-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Lol now it's Winter Bribing challenge!

chrsplmr
12-19-2013, 03:48 AM

HiVizMan
12-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Lol now it's Winter Bribing challenge!

I see no issue with the way things are going here at all.

Arne Saknussemm
12-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Well, this comp just keeps getting better....can't count this as a result yet because I have to run the other two at same frequency but it's a personal triumph for me to run at 5.2GHz....not had the temps in this part of the world to do it...until now...kkn, Paw!....start looking for flats up there...benching needs cold...

Vantage 54648

Got me 65th global and 48th place for Titan at the bot and the GPU is still stock voltage :D

chrsplmr
12-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Arne, Congrats .. 69c .. wish mine would stop there. lol. i'm think'n about set'n it on the sidewalk and run'n cable. .c.

HiVizMan
12-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Arne that is the best gift I could every ask for, a personal best achieved during the contest.

Arne Saknussemm
12-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Arne that is the best gift I could every ask for

Well I'm learning from the best soooo....;)

CPU 5202MHZ RAM 2448MHZ Titan

RB108849

This time with CPUz done right...have to redo the vantage one:rolleyes: But a bad screenie is not going to wipe the grin from my face today!

Arne, Congrats .. 69c .. wish mine would stop there. lol. i'm think'n about set'n it on the sidewalk and run'n cable. .c.

chrs thanks! hmm we have to watercool you my friend...temps definitely count

Rockford
12-19-2013, 05:11 PM
very nice Arne, i saw the scores at the bot..

I am also glad my 280X can run with a ram mhz of 1940 mhz as max (Elpida?).. and +1400mhz is very possible i think (core)

Only have one problem, the software i use to tweak with, dont disable the idle state, so when i launch a benchmark at high VDDC the OC crash.. this is especially in heaven..

When i hit apply, i want the voltage to directly bounce up, but i think it will be solved soon..
Force constant voltage, in other words

any good tweak app is always appreciated

Arne Saknussemm
12-19-2013, 05:16 PM

I am also glad my 280X can run with a ram mhz of 1940 mhz as max..

Only have one problem, the software i use to tweak with, dont disable the idle state, so when i launch a benchmark at high VDDC the OC crash..

When i hit apply, i want the voltage to directly bounce up, but i think it will be solved soon..

Cheers Paw! and that card sounds veeery nice.....Viz said vantage likes memory!....sure you'll have the software sorted soon;)

Here I have my hatrick and am chuffed

CPU 5202 MHz RAM 2448MHz Titan

SPi32Mil 6m22.000 (nice neat number LOL)

twisted1
12-19-2013, 05:49 PM

I am also glad my 280X can run with a ram mhz of 1940 mhz as max (Elpida?).. and +1400mhz is very possible i think (core)

Only have one problem, the software i use to tweak with, dont disable the idle state, so when i launch a benchmark at high VDDC the OC crash.. this is especially in heaven..

That's a really good mem OC, damn.

Do you mean disabling UPLS paw? There are a bunch of apps that can do that for you.

Sapphire Trixx has an option for disabling UPLS, and if I remember correctly you can set it to force constant voltage.

nikosa43
12-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Grats for your scores Arne! Why don't you OC your GPU running RB? I think you will improve your OpenCl and your Image editing scores :)

HiVizMan
12-19-2013, 06:07 PM
You need to set NVP for nVid cards when setting voltages under cold

Arne OC your VGA mate do not be shy.

Arne Saknussemm
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Grats for your scores Arne! Why don't you OC your GPU running RB? I think you will improve your OpenCl and your Image editing scores :)

Thanks Nikos!:o That smile on the sun in the wallpaper that's me today...I just submitted 55124 for Vantage at the bot...submitted online and saved the URL but crashed just after so no screenie for the comp but used online result for bot screenie...more cold coming this weekend here so more work...

I didn't know OCing the GPU works for RB....I'll try that...

You need to set NVP for nVid cards when setting voltages under cold

Arne OC your VGA mate do not be shy.

Is that what you meant too Viz or do you mean I should grow a pair and flash the BIOS? and what is NVP?

HiVizMan
12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
LOL

The NVP is for Paw. I have sent it to him.

Your Titans can clock, see where they will go. You are on a roll so strike while the iron is hot.

nikosa43
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
I didn't know OCing the GPU works for RB....I'll try You will not see a huge difference but I remember Nodens saying that Gimps using GPU acceleration to draw the windows so maybe it will offer a small improvement. Also, have you installed Intel's SDK for OpenCl for processors? That will improve your OpenCl score. Also icing GPU will improve OCL. All the above are not for a huge impact but it's little here and there. Do you use any tweak for Vantage except OC of CPU and GPU, because until now I see it's pretty insensitive.

HiVizMan
12-19-2013, 08:40 PM
LOD offers some help.

Memory is key for Vantage

Set your performance level just right - some times the highest level is not always the best for a benchmark.

Screen res is critical

Colour density and picture quality helps

:D

nikosa43
12-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks Vizman. Until now best results are with Nvidia control panel set to default. Even High performance can reduce the score. I run in a HD TV. Even I set the res to 1280x1024 and becomes native square with black gaps on the sides, when the bench starts it goes to 1920x1080p full screen. Maybe that doesn't help. One interesting thing I noticed though, is that when I benched in Vista 64 the whole benchmark remained to the square format (native 1280x1024), without me change upscale or anything. LOD I haven't try, maybe tonight.

Nodens
12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Disable driver scaling. Set it to "No scaling".

Arne Saknussemm
12-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes LOD works...http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=61804
(http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=61804)
I set priority High, 1024x786, I have not found the combination of services I need to run in diagnostic mode and have internet only...so I run in normal mode....will work that out one day....

Maybe these threads will help?
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35464-arnie!!-feeling-my-breath&country=&status=
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34501-3d-Mark-tips-and-techniques-to-score-higer&country=&status=

nikosa43
12-19-2013, 10:04 PM
lol Arne, I was reading the first link :). Thanks Nodens, I will set upscaling off and see what's on.

HiVizMan
12-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Use the stop bat

Arne Saknussemm
12-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Use the stop bat

Err...yes...high elbow and soft bottom hand...or when facing spinners remember to move well forward in the crease and make to play a stroke so as not to be LBW if you get hit on the pads

What's a stop bat?

twisted1
12-19-2013, 11:03 PM

Found a neat program for checking what brand memory your VGA has. Should work on all AMD cards.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/voj4j1rlk0ucfz4/MemoryInfo+1005.rar

Menthol
12-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Arne,
Your on a roll, don't stop now

twisted1
12-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Finally got Vantage working again, fresh OS install once again.

Vantage: 44703
http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/thereal_twisted/3dmV-44703-V_zpsc1dea226.png (http://s919.photobucket.com/user/thereal_twisted/media/3dmV-44703-V_zpsc1dea226.png.html)

I think the gpu-z might be bugged, I though I had the gpu set at 1300/1800, not sure though because it showed correct clocks when I tried it after the bench.

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Menthol! You got your new CPU yet?:)

Redid Vantage 'cos screenie was wrong CPU5202 RAM2448 Titan

Vantage 54755

must....break....55000...lol

HiVizMan
12-20-2013, 09:55 AM
What's a stop bat?

a .bat file that stops most back ground services for you. I posted it up on the last contest.

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Oooo must have missed that somehow....I'll trawl the thread....that will be worth it's weight in Gold....thanks HiViz :)

HiVizMan
12-20-2013, 10:53 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/syr7688fa4c8hwg/Stop.rar

Menthol
12-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Arne, no I haven't, I filed a claim for a refund, I ordered a chip of ebay for a good price, I hope it arrives today so I can get in the game before it's over. I have never had anything lost in the mail before
I am glad to see you've got your system dialed in and leading the pack.

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks for posting that up Viz!

Arne, no I haven't, I filed a claim for a refund, I ordered a chip of ebay for a good price, I hope it arrives today so I can get in the game before it's over. I have never had anything lost in the mail before
I am glad to see you've got your system dialed in and leading the pack.

Uff I made joke about delaying the post the other day....didn't think it would come true..pain.
Hope the new chip is a good clocker! Cant wait to see that Ti chew some vantage up...
Here, I finally have a bit of cool air to push through the system and it is helping a lot! Not one BSOD so far.... That and I really like the benchmarks and am having fun.

HiVizMan
12-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Arne it is one of the most rewarding hobbies to have, one does not have to submit or even post scores to any site or contest to enjoy the sport. I love seeing how I can better my previous best just by trying stuff out. It is quite a rush when something works or comes together. I fully get the messed up screenshot. I have done that way to often when things have just clicked. The rush, the sheer thrill is beyond words.

Rock on my friend and enjoy - Menthol is lurking and if there is anyone that can push you it is that lad he is the real deal.

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Thing is I'm a bit impatient I think and by myself I potter along sometimes and make some progress but.... the comps really do push me along with the friendly competition etc. just knowing others are benching too. The screenie....haha...yep... too happy to remember to open tabs:o

Menthol? Yes...the great white lurking in the depths....when he said
Arne..., don't stop now I took it as a warning LOL

CPU5202MHz RAM2448MHz Titan

Vantage 55266 :D broke 55

And I've been after 70 for dual GPU for sooo loooong :D

CPU 5202 RAM 2448 Titan SLI

Vantage 70338

HiVizMan
12-20-2013, 03:25 PM
I love it mate, really nice going.

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks Viz I'm having a ball as you can tell.

And nikosa43, this one is definitely dedicated to you...broke 110 in RealBench with your help

RealBench2.0WWE 110212

HiVizMan
12-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Darn dude you are on a role

nikosa43
12-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks Viz I'm having a ball as you can tell.

And nikosa43, this one is definitely dedicated to you...broke 110 in RealBench with your help

RealBench2.0WWE 110212

Thank you Arne and congratulations for setting your foot to new heights :D
That was a good one to make me feel happy, because last night was pretty frustrating for me.
I had good hopes, that 8 degrees ambient would be enough to pass 5.15GHz (case outside and HDMI cable :)), with HT ON...
Unfortunately it's not enough, because I kept crashed in Heavy Multi of RB. I tried everything. I checked also if it was a memory/IMC cappability of my usual 2666 CL9, but it wasnt because it did the same at 2400 CL10. It's just a no go on Air. So I gave up :(
It's pitty because I have prepared a nice win 8 image that gave me almost 2000 more points in Image editing and about 400-500 more for Encoding. Also a nice Winxp that scales beautifully and shave off 3 secs for every 50MHz. Theorically I can brake 6m in 5.4 with two cores. Of course I cant go up there with 8 cores but I had great hopes for 5.2G. At least I could be a good competitor to my friend Mkeys :D Keep on the good job and have fun. Cheers to all !!!

SPi 32 5100 (6m 16.156sec) ---->5150 (6m 12.828sec) 3.328 secs less

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Hmm the gods are fickle indeed! Still, that's a great Pi run and the thing is nikos looking at your clocks and your scores mate I forget completely you're clocking on air!!

nikosa43
12-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Sometimes I forget me either :)... But not last night :)

HiVizMan
12-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Nikos what kind of temps are you getting when your system fails? Might have some tips for you to pass the benchmark.

nikosa43
12-20-2013, 10:50 PM
Nikos what kind of temps are you getting when your system fails? Might have some tips for you to pass the benchmark.

Depends on Vcore. For 5.0G it's about 1.55Volts, for 5.1G 1.63Volts. So, for 5150 I guess I need 1.68 to 1.70Volts. At 1.70Volts (CPUz reported 1.72Volts), hitted 90 degrees which still leaves a small margin to Tjmax of 105. I think, because the cooling system is not efficient at that level and temps rise instantly, it goes to a loop. After 70-80 degrees current leakage starting. Because power losses that goes to heat, the chip needs more voltage to be stable. By increasing Vcore to stabilize it, temperature rises even more, giving more instability. So, the answer is only one, to keep it as cold as possible. I guess if I could keep temps very low, I would use less voltage for the given clocks. For last night runs, I replaced the Noctua fans and used 2x Skythe Ulta kaze (12x12x38, 3000rpm) in push pull and a Noctua 1500rpm in the middle of NH-D14. I used two more fans for VRMs and memory and a noisy PAPST sticked to the VRMs to the back of the mainboard. Ambient was about 8 d and cores idled about 25. As soon as it hits 85-90, Handbrake crashes. I didnt have even one BSOD which means power was enough and memory timmings was OK. LLC was to Ultra High as usual. One thing I noticed through task manager was the lack of throttling. I didnt see throtling of the cores even once, that's why I thought about memory/IMC problems and dropped 2666 CL9 to 2400 CL10. No change at all. I know I need water (currently not possible). Any good idea/explanation would be welcome.

Menthol
12-20-2013, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Arne Saknussemm;352205]
Menthol? Yes...the great white lurking in the depths....when he said I took it as a warning LOL 31321

Que the sound track to Jaws Arne he's headed your way

Arne Saknussemm
12-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Nikos....one thing...have you tried without the fan in the middle of the NH-D14? I wonder if the mismatch in pressure and RPM might mean it acts more like a wall than a help to airflow from the other fans...

Are you regularly unziping a fresh copy of RB if it crashes?

Cue the sound track to Jaws Arne he's headed your way

LOL...I knew it :)...good stuff...your chip strapped in?

twisted1
12-20-2013, 11:34 PM
nikosa43!

The problems you have in RB sound exactly like mine. I can get 5150 stable but not 5200, handbrake CLI crashes 2sec into the encoding bench.

Temps is not the problem, usually not above 65C. Higher Vcore doesn't seem to help, I don't know how far I can push it. But as long as the temps are ok mooar Vcore is fine, right?

How far can I push it?, will 1.8V kill the CPU? The temps are under control so that's not a problem. And which other voltages can help stability? The scenario is pretty much the same in 3dm11, 5150 will pass but 5200 is a no go. Not getting any BSOD's or anything like that.

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 12:55 AM
That is a heap of voltage guys. I did not realise you were using that much to get 5GHz.

meankeys
12-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Great run Arne. way to go bro

This new cpu I am very happy with. It loves 1.685V over 5200 MHz RB that is ppl set high I past RB @ 5278 1.685V I havent tried any higher yet as I need a good Vantage score to post my set. Question I am @ 5278 Feq have my spi and RB scores dose the vantage score need to be higher than my previous score at a lower clock?

twisted1
12-21-2013, 01:32 AM
That is a heap of voltage guys. I did not realise you were using that much to get 5GHz.

My chip doesn't need that much for 5Ghz, however when I go for 5.2-5.3 I need to bump the Vcore a lot.

The other problem is probably the guy @keyboard(me) :)

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Great run Arne. way to go bro...

does the vantage score need to be higher than my previous score at a lower clock?

Thanks meankeys....you got your rig dialled in too! almost 5.3GHz :cool:

The score doesn't have to be higher...just nicer for you if it is ;)....funny it's not though...any throttling running vantage?

The other problem is probably the guy @keyboard

Hehe twisted...I'm always pretty sure that's my rig's limitation too LOL

nikosa43
12-21-2013, 08:46 AM
@ Arne, I thought of that, about airflow blockage, so I have tested the cooler without the middle fan to see if the airflow is strong without the mid Noctua one. Because the cooler is extremely dense the air speed is dramatically low after the first cooler, so the mid one actually helps.@ Twisted1 and Vizman, yes the Voltage is high but I believe that's because of the theory I have described, because until I hit 4900 it needs minor bump to Vcore to be stable. After temps pass 60 - 70 needs 100 mV to go to next multi. (I will post a file with some data, so you can see how it scales). Also Twisted1, you need to set CPU power limit to Disabled in Digi in BIOS, because when you reach 5.2 the power draw is more than 150%, so the circuit is limited by that factor. Set Extreme for Current balance, not Tprobe for Temp balance and set power limit to disabled. Start increase Vcore. You maybe reach stability before 1.73Volts.

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Ah Ok, you thought of that already :o

Yes there's definitely a vicious cycle that kicks in..more voltage-more heat-more leakage...needs more voltage...leads to bencher sitting in down parka in room with open windows at 15 degrees drinking hot lemon and honey :rolleyes::D

CPU5202 RAM2448 Single Titan

RB109043

nikosa43
12-21-2013, 10:24 AM
lol, Arne at least I was sitting comfy at 23 degrees :). I have a 10 meters HDMI cable and the case was outside. Hmmm maybe that's why didnt make me the favour.....left outside alone in cold and dark.... while I was enjoying inside....:rolleyes:

Anyway, here you can see how my chip scales. At the time I made that, I was using Intel burn test to maximum settings and with all memory.
It's good to have something like this to check if chip has been degraded by time or not. Until now works fine with same settings.

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/72252C9B0E0E49E2B757B59A0DDA5A164

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I would suggest dropping your LLC and increasing vcore to be honest. I do not bench with LLC at high or ultra high. I am probably the only bencher who does bench with LLC at regular or medium. :D

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Felt a bit incomplete without a Saturday morning wazza so did a few runs of Pi.

I tried the 32 instead of 24 in the timings viz but cot lots of "non convergent" errors and the runs that passed slower...weird RAM?

Anyway I shaved a few milliseconds...and that counts as progress...

CPU5202 RAM2448 Titan
SPi32Mil 6m21..922

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Looking good Arne, I will do some comparable runs today with the same memory and see what I discover.

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Cool would be interested :)

I gave then a notch more voltage too when the convergent errors appeared and still didn't play nice...I also tried 31 and that passed but slower...I know a bit more about RAM now but that just means I know there's a lot more to know

nikosa43
12-21-2013, 01:43 PM
@Vizman, but don't you have crashes from big vdroop?
@Arne, that's great you remembered the old one RB. You do benching in win8, don't you? If so, do whatever you did before but this time, Don't kill explorer and check your Multi score after. For SPi32 leave your primary settings as is and start reducing one step at a time your tRRD through secondary. Give it a try :)

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Nope I do not have crashes at all, simply because I believe and the results I produce suggest it does work, prefer higher vcore. Quite happy to be 0.050 higher in vcore and on regular than the other way round to be honest. I find my temps under load are not as bad as others too, that means I get higher clocks to.

twisted1
12-21-2013, 02:57 PM
@Nikosa, Will try disabling powerlimit, had that set @140%. My chip is the same, up too about 4,9-5ghz it scales fine with voltage, above that I need to bump Vcore much more. Sweetspot for my good chip is probably 4.6Ghz @1240mV. My temps are not high at all though, I got the rads sitting in the window and temps rarely go above 70C even @+5Ghz.

@Hiviz, How high can I push Vcore before I risk killing the cpu?(3770K) Really don't wanna kill my good chip. Will try lower LLC, got it set to extreme, just cuz it says extreme I guess :)

nikosa43
12-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Viz, I have no reason to doubt about. That's a new thing I have to try :)@Twisted, yes get rid of extreme LLC, you may fry things easily.

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 03:29 PM
but this time, Don't kill explorer and check your Multi score after. For SPi32 leave your primary settings as is and start reducing one step at a time your tRRD through secondary. Give it a try :)

Top tips eh nikos?...from you I'm sure they are golden....will try....

Here Arne finally flashed a GPU BIOS....and things are looking good :D

I never go above High LLC myself...

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 03:34 PM
The temperatures is your guide here. Use Vantage CPU tests, and if your temps are not at 105'C then it is OK. :D Look guys you do need to understand that there is always risk when benching, and while I want you all to achieve the best scores and reach the best OC you can PLEASE do be careful.

Keep an eye on temps. Those extra points are not worth a dead cpu.

Menthol
12-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Trust the VizMan, I found on the RIVE, medium llc, higher vcore has worked better for me.

I am trying to set up my system, sharks teeth do need sharpened. I got a RIVBE for the 4930K that is still lost in the mail, started getting the benchers withdrawals and got a 3970X for a really good price, got a 780ti Classified that has some bios issues, EVGA says they are aware and will be releasing a new bios soon, it is a beast at default, but come one leave it at default.
I don't know if I'll be any competition for you Arne, slowly working up the clocks on CPU and Memory, this board and CPU is a little different together than the RIVE

Menthol
12-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Trust the VizMan, I found on the RIVE, medium llc, higher vcore has worked better for me.

I am trying to set up my system, sharks teeth do need sharpened. I got a RIVBE for the 4930K that is still lost in the mail, started getting the benchers withdrawals and got a 3970X for a really good price, got a 780ti Classified that has some bios issues, EVGA says they are aware and will be releasing a new bios soon, it is a beast at default, but come one leave it at default.
I don't know if I'll be any competition for you Arne, slowly working up the clocks on CPU and Memory, this board and CPU is a little different together than the RIVE

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 05:16 PM
RIVBE! nice!....I do like the look of that board...but my RIVE is relatively new:rolleyes: Yes, I guess it will clock a bit differently but you know your way around SB-E...I'm sure you'll have it all draining the grid soon enough.

I flashed my first GPU BIOS today hehe...I know you do that straight out of the box but for me it was nerve wracking!

Menthol
12-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Zoltan flashed his Titan's, people are clocking over 1300 on the core now and the Titan's are very hard to beat.

Viz,
How about extending the competition until the new year, Jan 2nd.
I will give you a present, I promise I won't show up at your door on Christmas morning, from what all my other friends wife's say that is the best, guess I'm a bad influence or something

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Lets ask the guys Menthol, that is how we roll here. Consensus.

So guys there you have it, do we extend the contest by two more weeks? Finish the 6th of Jan 2014?

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Hmmm it's going to cost me a small fortune in bribes to keep Menthol's postie from delivering that 4930K for another two weeks....but sure, fine by me:D

nikosa43
12-21-2013, 07:00 PM
If Menthol asks, how can I say no?Besides it's like having a playground open for more :)

HiVizMan
12-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Four yes so far not one no.

Lets give it a couple more hours and see if there are any negative response to the request.

nikosa43
12-21-2013, 07:28 PM
It will be a challenge that started this year and finished the next one :)

Menthol
12-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Getting somewhere, just not where I want to be yet, my RB encoding and multitasking scores are way low for some reason, what am I doing wrong Arne.
M/B = RIVBE
CPU = 3970 @5.2
OS = Win7x64

Memory = Corsair Platinums @2400

RealBench = 92156

Superpi = 6m33.916s

Vantage = 56312

solaufein_gr
12-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Goodevening to everyone
It took me some time to view all those great runs. Keep up.
I have so little time and i'm falling dead sleeping when i'm at house, if the contest is extendend i will find some time maybe to improve some times. So YES more benching time plz
Tho the most like is i will learn more stuff for intel as it seems. I'm a little jealous of your RIVEs ... damn ,,, where is Chris to put me back in order ...

That RIVE black is a looker for sure, Menthol. i hope it give you Good runs and times :)
Did you manage to get the core voltage at 780Ti above the default? I was hoping that when 780Ti will be fully supported, something will come up for revision B1 of plain 780s (as mine Palit). Seems my voltage controller isn't supported from the main tool (namely afterburner) and i'm "stuck" at 1.212V. Thankfully i can get close to 1300Mhz core with modded bios ofcourse. Yes i'm one of those that flashed the card after a few days ( needed to change thermal materials first, put a nice backplate etc :P)

chrsplmr
12-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Sola .. slap yourself man .. or get some sleep. Are you delirious think'n bout 'blue' .. straight'n out man. AMD Needs U.

*They do make those boards sing don't they .. I can see the temptation, but then again the Apple was very shiny and
the serpent very deceiving. .c.

Arne Saknussemm
12-21-2013, 09:33 PM
what am I doing wrong Arne.

Nice GPU score Menthol! but the CPU score is low in vantage too...like any load on the CPU and the score is not where it should be....but your temps are low on CPU.....you got the VRM cooled....can it be throttling? it's like the multi is down at 43...which is typical throttling frequency...

... damn ,,, where is Chris to put me back in order ...

LOL solaufein....missed both of you!

EDIT: speak of the plmr and he shall appear:D^^

twisted1
12-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Absolutely no problem with me to extend the competition, anything for Mr. Menthol!

Menthol
12-21-2013, 11:20 PM
No Arne the VRM are factory cooled, you are 100% correct, it is throttling

I do not believe the RIVBE likes the SB-E, it throttles no mater what. I I set the cpu to auto default settings it will throttle down, I seen Raja say this board was tuned for IV-E

Viz is there a RIVBE bios for SB-E processors somewhere

chrsplmr
12-22-2013, 12:31 AM
EDIT: speak of the plmr and he shall appear:D^^

I am here .. and here.
Watch. I'll do it again.
Fast, eh ?? Oooops .. Almost missed it.
I was there, but I'm back .. I amaze me.

You know that startled feeling when you wake in the
darkness like someone was there watching ... sorry. .c.

meankeys
12-22-2013, 12:59 AM
No problem here :)

Rockford
12-22-2013, 02:35 AM
After seen the submission in this thread..

I remember 1 year ago,, and now....

The numbers, and skills are way, way improved..

Thanks to the members, and Viz for the contests....

also a note, in our team we manage to run faster on water, than moste people do using LN2..

This is true benchmarking, not benchmarketing

twisted1
12-22-2013, 03:51 AM

The numbers, and skills are way, way improved..

Thanks to the members, and Viz for the contests....

also a note, in our team we manage to run faster on water, than moste people do using LN2..

I haven't been at it as long as you Paw but I've learned alot since I joined. Still noob though.

And a personal thanks to you Paw for always being helpful and helping out when I screw stuff up :)

Arne Saknussemm
12-22-2013, 09:59 AM
it is throttling

Hmm that's not good....you got fans blowing on it? or is it BIOS problems...:(

I am here .. and here.
Watch. I'll do it again.

LOL chrs:)

Can't but agree 100% with that!

Here a weird morning....I flashed my Titan BIOS and have been running Vantage to find stability at 1.212v which is the voltage cap for this BIOS...all good so far. GPUz says I am now getting 1185 out of the core instead of the 1056 which was max before, great I think...

Then I get :confused:

CPU5202MHz RAM2448MHz Titan Vantage55375

Which, when I look at it, is entirely down to a great CPU run...the GPU score has not budged....any ideas anyone?

HiVizMan
12-22-2013, 10:43 AM
No Arne the VRM are factory cooled, you are 100% correct, it is throttling

I do not believe the RIVBE likes the SB-E, it throttles no mater what. I I set the cpu to auto default settings it will throttle down, I seen Raja say this board was tuned for IV-E

Viz is there a RIVBE bios for SB-E processors somewhere

You must not clock your BE with SB-E like you had it on the other board, the bios is geared for IVY-E so things that worked on the RIVE will not work on the BE. There is no SB-E bios sorry. It is not possible to build a bios for two architectures with current resources. They are similar but small things are different. I would strongly suggest not maxing out the VRM options as was needed with the older board. You will get the power delivery with the BE as is in many cases.

I .. I amaze me.

You know that startled feeling when you wake in the
darkness like someone was there watching ... sorry. .c.

Crapper CAM :D :D

LOL I feel like I have just been slapped. Me with my 100l of LN2 outside in my garden. Jokes aside you guys are certainly picked up the knack of benching, it is now all about building on those solid foundations and constantly raising the bar.

HiVizMan
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Hmm that's not good....you got fans blowing on it? or is it BIOS problems...:(

LOL chrs:)

Can't but agree 100% with that!

Here a weird morning....I flashed my Titan BIOS and have been running Vantage to find stability at 1.212v which is the voltage cap for this BIOS...all good so far. GPUz says I am now getting 1185 out of the core instead of the 1056 which was max before, great I think...

Then I get :confused:

CPU5202MHz RAM2448MHz Titan Vantage55375

Which, when I look at it, is entirely down to a great CPU run...the GPU score has not budged....any ideas anyone?

It depends if you duplicated exactly the same settings for your previous run. So it is hard to comment. It maybe that the new bios has more relaxed memory settings? Memory and VGA memory make a huge difference to this bench too.

HiVizMan
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
OK

Contest is extended till 6th January 2014

Menthol
12-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone for extending the competition, and sorry for whining, things haven't been going my way but I shouldn't have let that get to me. I set down and turned on the TV last night and there was the Rolling Stones Summer of Sun concert in Hyde Park on. Straightened my head out watching the old guys rock, Not only do old guys rule as long as Kieth Richards is still alive I will never be the ugliest man in the world.

HiVizMan
12-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks everyone for extending the competition, and sorry for whining, things haven't been going my way but I shouldn't have let that get to me. I set down and turned on the TV last night and there was the Rolling Stones Summer of Sun concert in Hyde Park on. Straightened my head out watching the old guys rock, Not only do old guys rule as long as Kieth Richards is still alive I will never be the ugliest man in the world.

Love the Stones, have every vinyl they every made and also CD when they stopped making vinyl's. Yeah lucky you are a bloke, because I did hear that you would be the ugliest women ever. :)

Do not stress it Menthol this way a couple of guys who could not play will get a chance to play with.

chrsplmr
12-22-2013, 04:06 PM
OK

Contest is extended till 6th January 2014

Sweet. If I can keep the temps down .. I know there is a 5ghz run in there .. we shall see. .c.

Dartmaul
12-22-2013, 07:48 PM
I put my rig outside duing the rain to pass RB by any means cuz tomorow we finish...

twisted1
12-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Viz, I have no reason to doubt about. That's a new thing I have to try :)@Twisted, yes get rid of extreme LLC, you may fry things easily.

I've now got it to pass @5200Mhz, and 3dm11 @5251Mhz. All it took was rad out on the balcony and Vcore around 1,8V(can probably tweak that down abit). Also got x55 multi working and x56 worked for a few seconds. Watertemp in loop was around 8-10C. I can't wait till the cold weather get's here and I'm goin subzero and 5,6Ghz :D

Only got it stable with LLC Extreme, didn't want to go higher on Vcore.

Dartmaul
12-22-2013, 09:41 PM
4930k @ 4805MHz
It's a CL7 tWCL6 capable G.Skill Pi!

Arne Saknussemm
12-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Nice one Dart! :D you should use RealTemp for the PI run too...will knock some time off for you, HWmonitor eats resources

Dartmaul
12-22-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm about to get some more mem.
After taking a quick look at Spi Ivy-E standings on HWbot I noticed that most of the guys run quad channel. And probably samsung...

nikosa43
12-22-2013, 10:05 PM
I've now got it to pass @5200Mhz, and 3dm11 @5251Mhz. All it took was rad out on the balcony and Vcore around 1,8V(can probably tweak that down abit). Also got x55 multi working and x56 worked for a few seconds. Watertemp in loop was around 8-10C. I can't wait till the cold weather get's here and I'm goin subzero and 5,6Ghz :DOnly got it stable with LLC Extreme, didn't want to go higher on Vcore. This is excellent! What was the max CPU temps? Still I worry about the overshooting in Vcore with Extreme LLC

nikosa43
12-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm about to get some more mem.After taking a quick look at Spi Ivy-E standings on HWbot I noticed that most of the guys run quad channel. And probably samsung... Dart, your RB is Top. For SPi32 I would expect something lower, especially with your RAM timmings. Did you use Wazza?

Dartmaul
12-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Dart, your RB is Top. For SPi32 I would expect something lower, especially with your RAM timmings. Did you use Wazza?
Yes. I was expecting better score too.
It seems that I need quad channel, or just messed with software tweaks.
I was uploading my score to bot and noticed this submission:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2437509_tasos_superpi___32m_core_i7_4930k_6min_30s ec_563ms/
This guy was using Win7, no wazza and most likely a bunch of crap started during the SPi run. Have no idea why does he scores that good (or why do I score that bad)

Anyway, at the next weekends I'll get some more mem and would try SPi with quad channel. Will see if it helps.

chrsplmr
12-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Dart -- That can't be right -- can it ?? 'His' memory was running @ 5332mhz ??
[it's quad, so you multiply times 4 right ?]

darkage
12-22-2013, 10:56 PM
no :-) its the same as 2 channel mem

Arne Saknussemm
12-22-2013, 10:56 PM
It's multiply by 2 so 2666...pretty fast at CAS9 plus, 5ghz on IB-E...

Menthol
12-22-2013, 11:03 PM
5ghz on air for a 4930k, that is the definition of a golden chip?

Arne Saknussemm
12-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Nah he's on water...in other submissions....just couldn't be bothered filling stuff in I guess...

chrsplmr
12-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Sorry, didn't know about quad channel stuff .. being an AMD guy and all.
so ..
.. I gotta cut back on the 'using logic' thing .. haha
[it's X2 if its dual, X2 if it's Quad .. of course, I should have known that.]

I do now. thnx. .c.

Dartmaul
12-22-2013, 11:55 PM
5ghz on air for a 4930k, that is the definition of a golden chip?
It is, doesn't matter air or water. Haven't seen any chip like that before.

twisted1
12-23-2013, 01:15 AM
This is excellent! What was the max CPU temps? Still I worry about the overshooting in Vcore with Extreme LLC

Here's a screenshot of temp/settings and so on after running the encoding test in RB.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/thereal_twisted/rb_zps41510c3b.png (http://s919.photobucket.com/user/thereal_twisted/media/rb_zps41510c3b.png.html)

Ambient temp @rad is 5C. One EK 480 XTX and dual D5's. I'm telling you man, you need to get watercooling for your rig :)

twisted1
12-23-2013, 01:24 AM
Yeah, got it to pass @5252, both these are on stock untweaked OS.

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/thereal_twisted/rb2_zps30c341f1.png (http://s919.photobucket.com/user/thereal_twisted/media/rb2_zps30c341f1.png.html)

twisted1
12-23-2013, 01:32 AM
After some fine tuning I got the Vcore down to 1.72V(1.78 load) @5252Mhz. Max temp about 60C.

Menthol
12-23-2013, 02:40 AM
crazy high twisted, very nice

meankeys
12-23-2013, 03:00 AM
Awesome Runs guy's... Very nice

I cant beat my vantage score from 5250 @5278 so it's back to 5250MHz to try a better my spi and RB scores

nikosa43
12-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Here's a screenshot of temp/settings and so on after running the encoding test in RB.http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/thereal_twisted/rb_zps41510c3b.png (http://s919.photobucket.com/user/thereal_twisted/media/rb_zps41510c3b.png.html)Ambient temp @rad is 5C. One EK 480 XTX and dual D5's. I'm telling you man, you need to get watercooling for your rig :) Grats mate, excellent job! I know, water is the only way, ...but for the moment priority is on kids :)

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Excellent Twisted1!! :D

Here it's been Monday morning wazza...

CPU5202MHz RAM2448MHZ Titan

SPi32M 6m21.875

HiVizMan
12-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Now try with dual channel and push the memory frequency and tighter latency

Oh and that works for Vantage too. Dual channel for the win. :D

HiVizMan
12-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Awesome Runs guy's... Very nice

I cant beat my vantage score from 5250 @5278 so it's back to 5250MHz to try a better my spi and RB scores

Look to your memory to see why, and where to make gains in Vantage.

meankeys
12-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Will do Boss... Thanks

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Now try with dual channel and push the memory frequency and tighter latency

Oh and that works for Vantage too. Dual channel for the win. :D

Heh well...had a frustrating couple of hours with RAM....my mismatched Pi sticks wont run in partnership with CPU at 5.2GHz and if I put them at cas8 they're slower than my platinums...can't get tertiary as tight....

My platinums dont seem to want to run higher and I don't want to put too many volts through them...couldn't tighten them to cas 8 either...never mind

Then I ran vantage in safe mode ...finally worked out how....got a good result but again the "joy-screening"...closed Realtemp....but I put it up at the Bot 55804:D will redo...

nikosa43
12-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Arne how much is the voltage for platinums?

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 05:48 PM
They are 1.5v 2133...for 2448-2472 I am using 1.73 that's ok for short runs? or not?

HiVizMan
12-23-2013, 06:08 PM
LOL that is quite conservative mate. But I do understand your caution. For 30 minutes bursts you can play with the voltages a bit.

Rockford
12-23-2013, 07:11 PM
you guys remember my 10 dollar ram sticks?

The kingston KVR's OEM with no XMP, i posted in the frostbite thread a while back..

This is more or less my default timings today (never care to fine tune them), and they run at cl9 / 2500 mhz also..

Id say they are pretty fast for 10 bucks.

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 07:13 PM
hehe...you know me, I start sweating when I increase voltages....I have no idea...what is reasonable? up to 1.8 over? 1.85? is it temps that count? my sticks are cold...

Paw! for 10 bucks can't go wrong...

nikosa43
12-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Arne, if it's Samsung IC's (I believe they are), you can set them at 1.84V. Restart in BIOS and look at Voltage monitor. It should report something about 1.85-1.86. With cold air you don't have any problem going for hours. Usually that is for stabilizing your primary cl9 or cl8. That usually requires voltage. The subtimmings set them to 10,10,31 and all others to auto. If it works you can try tighten up. Usually these are not going down with voltage. They are go or not. This are safe voltages for Samsungs. I 've run my Gskills for hours like this with no problems at all.

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 08:33 PM
OK thanks a lot for that nikos....I will investigate...I have cold (or relative cold for seville) here at the moment so will make hay while the sun shines....

Today I volt-modded Afterburner and I think decent clocks are within reach of my Titans...

Menthol
12-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Arne, On the RIVE with a bios for IV-E and on the BE motherboard there are presets for Samsung 3000mhz at 2.1 volts, while I would never suggest anyone to try that and I have not on a SB-E, when I had my original 4930k you know I checked it out and posted a screen shot at that time. that was all I did was boot it post a screen shot and shut it down, I couldn't get up from my chair because my checks were puckered so tight. I have ran the psc chips both pi and patriots at 1.85 volts all the time, I also have a terminally ill 3930k so keep that in mind

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 09:01 PM
I couldn't get up from my chair because my checks were puckered so tight

LOL:D

OK, cheers Menthol....I think volt is your second name heh. The thing is that last part....can the ram voltage affect the cpu? or is worst case the ram burns....I mean DDR3 is near stone cold....I have tried 1.8 with the pi ram...maybe I could try a touch more for a quick experiment..

fzzzzzzzzzt!

Dartmaul
12-23-2013, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't recommend to set vDIMM above 1.85v w\o subzero cooled CPU. It will cause degradation.

I used 1.9v once, my CPU has clearly made me know it doesn't like that.

nikosa43
12-23-2013, 10:07 PM
LOL:DOK, cheers Menthol....I think volt is your second name heh. The thing is that last part....can the ram voltage affect the cpu? or is worst case the ram burns....I mean DDR3 is near stone cold....I have tried 1.8 with the pi ram...maybe I could try a touch more for a quick experiment..fzzzzzzzzzt! I haven't cleared that up, but there is a connection between ram voltage and IMC of the CPU. In MAX V F there is a setting of how much voltage of ram the IMC senses and you can leave it to auto with an offset of + or - , or you can set it manually. (I leave it to auto with a + offset). White paw, if I remember correct, mentioned once that you have also to keep VCCSA voltage in a margin of 0.3 volts with your Vcore of CPU. As Menthol mentioned 2.1volts for Samsung is doable under extreme cold, but 1.85 definetely is working fine without any bad consequences. Another thing I remembered writting this, is the fact that memory sticks maybe can do cl8, but IMC cannot. So, if you set cl8 with auto of the rest timmings, 1.85 Vdimm and 1.25 vccsa and cannot do it, don't push it further, increasing voltages.

Arne Saknussemm
12-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Yes, that's another delta..VCCSA-VDIMM shouldn't be more than 0.6v and there is no way I'm going past 1.25 vccsa so 1.85 is a natural limit anyway....I think I'll keep well below to be honest...I've used up all my bravery for this comp flashing my VGA BIOS :o

Menthol
12-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Very smart Arne, what results have you gotten with the vbios?
are you using different OS's Arne, XP for spi since you are wazzaing, but Vantage and RB?

OK I see your using Win 8 for RB, Vantage?

Zygomorphic
12-23-2013, 11:49 PM
OK thanks a lot for that nikos....I will investigate...I have cold (or relative cold for seville) here at the moment so will make hay while the sun shines....

Today I volt-modded Afterburner and I think decent clocks are within reach of my Titans...
Free cooling? Ah, now we know who to blame for global warming...:D Last I checked, normal people didn't make hay in the winter. Then, again, we're all normal...:cool:

Menthol
12-24-2013, 01:16 AM

Nodens
12-24-2013, 02:47 AM
Benchers are responsible for the global warming! Hahahaha!

chrsplmr
12-24-2013, 03:11 AM
... and global cooling at the same time.

... pathetic little humans, while claiming the earth to be upwards of billions of years old
believing they can claim trends in a few hundred years data .. with a straight face. .c.

Menthol
12-24-2013, 05:50 AM
I am definitely responsible for the warming in my computer room
4930k@4875Mhz, Memory@ 2666cl10, GGTX780ti@1220/8000Mhz
Vantage = 58948

I played with my psc memory all night with no love to be found, seems to like Samsung chips better
I will try and get it tuned in a little better tomorrow

Arne Saknussemm
12-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Verrrrrry niiiice Menthol :D...that's some score!! love it!

are you using different OS's Arne, XP for spi since you are wazzaing, but Vantage and RB?

OK I see your using Win 8 for RB, Vantage?

Yes, I am using XP for the wazza and win 8 for RB and Vantage

I'll find out in a couple of hours what flashing the bios has brought....opened the room for cooling....

EDIT:

Vantage 57801 :)

nikosa43
12-24-2013, 08:52 AM
That's great Menthol! Santa Claus, definetely came for you :) As for the PSC memory, I think you can compare them through AIDA's memory benchmark. High frequency (2666) gives higher bandwidth and lower total latency with modern CPUs. So, it's a better way to go even with SPi. BTW, I can do Vantage in 5.2G but not RB :(

Arne Saknussemm
12-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Nice clocks on that 4930K too Menthol, definitely better than your average chip....but then you're better than your average OCer too;).... how did you sort the throttling?

I can do Vantage in 5.2G but not RB :(

Really?....I'm coming round to think Vantage is one of the hardest CPU tests...for me pass vantage and RB follows like a sheep...comfortably...just goes to show....cpus are a world to themselves.

twisted1
12-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Very nice scores Menthol and Arne! Impressive :)

@Arne, My 3770K is like Nikosas, passes Vantage at higher clocks than RB. The hardest one to get stable for me is 3dm11 physics test. Don't know why because Vantage seems to stress the CPU more then 3dm11, get higher cpu temps in Vantage.

@Nikosa, I see you have trident X mem also, I have the same 2400's but CL9. Do you mind sharing your timings and settings? I'm a total noob when it comes to timing memory.

nikosa43
12-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Very nice scores Menthol and Arne! Impressive :)@Arne, My 3770K is like Nikosas, passes Vantage at higher clocks than RB. The hardest one to get stable for me is 3dm11 physics test. Don't know why because Vantage seems to stress the CPU more then 3dm11, get higher cpu temps in Vantage.@Nikosa, I see you have trident X mem also, I have the same 2400's but CL9. Do you mind sharing your timings and settings? I'm a total noob when it comes to timing memory. Sure mate :) see the screens I have posted with memtweakit http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31332&d=1387570573. Set everything in default in BIOS. Do your settings for a CPU clock and reboot. Set XMP 1and reboot. Set your VCCSA 1.20 and Dram to 1.84 from 1.65(auto). Check your VCCIO if it is 1.25 and reboot. Set your ram frequency to 2666 and reboot. Now, you will be at 2666 9,10,10,31 T2 all other settings auto. Start with T2-->T1 and reboot. Then go to Latency Boundary and start from auto --->8, reboot and check stability. If ok reduce by one. Usually samsungs can go down to 6. Then you can start tighten rest of the timmings as in the screen.

HiVizMan
12-24-2013, 10:28 AM
you guys remember my 10 dollar ram sticks?

The kingston KVR's OEM with no XMP, i posted in the frostbite thread a while back..

This is more or less my default timings today (never care to fine tune them), and they run at cl9 / 2500 mhz also..

Id say they are pretty fast for 10 bucks.

That is partly the sticks and partly the bencher. Nice one paw.

hehe...you know me, I start sweating when I increase voltages....I have no idea...what is reasonable? up to 1.8 over? 1.85? is it temps that count? my sticks are cold...

Paw! for 10 bucks can't go wrong...

1.84 for short periods are good and do have a delta type fan pointing at the ram.

Yes I want to know this too, just got 2 Titons today very cheap too from a forum classifieds in the UK.

Sure mate :) see the screens I have posted with memtweakit http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31332&d=1387570573. Set everything in default in BIOS. Do your settings for a CPU clock and reboot. Set XMP 1and reboot. Set your VCCSA 1.20 and Dram to 1.84 from 1.65(auto). Check your VCCIO if it is 1.25 and reboot. Set your ram frequency to 2666 and reboot. Now, you will be at 2666 9,10,10,31 T2 all other settings auto. Start with T2-->T1 and reboot. Then go to Latency Boundary and start from auto --->8, reboot and check stability. If ok reduce by one. Usually samsungs can go down to 6. Then you can start tighten rest of the timmings as in the screen.

And a year ago you would have looked at this paragraph you wrote and gone WTF is this μαλάκας on about. :D :D Good advice and solid method.

Arne Saknussemm
12-24-2013, 10:46 AM
1.84 for short periods are good and do have a delta type fan pointing at the ram....

Yes I want to know this too, just got 2 Titons today very cheap too from a forum classifieds in the UK.

Thanks to you too Viz...that sounds about right....I have fans blowing on everything....just to be doubly sure..

The BIOS gave a nice result....certainly my PB! Posted on Bot and I got 35th global GPU :D

This thread is great for the skinny on doing the flash and has a nice utility for doing it...http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club

(http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club)Though in the end I have gone with a different unlocked BIOS...http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/3454-nvidia-gtx-titan-modified-vbios-more-control-better-overclocking.html . I tried both the skyn3t and the svl7 and the second BIOS is better for me by a bit. The first is an EVGA BIOS, modified and the second a copy of the very same ASUS BIOS, modified; For me, despite the fact these cards are all reference the BIOS that matches my brand seems to work better....

I have left LLC alone for now.

Rockford
12-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Its Christmas today**, and i wish everyone a super ramped up xmas...........

** in some parts of the world

HiVizMan
12-24-2013, 11:20 AM
You too Paw.

Arne thanks mate I will see what I can push with the cards. Not going to challenge you I am sure.

Arne Saknussemm
12-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Happy Christmas Paw!!:D....cooking cranberry sauce here...

LOL Viz not for a second do I believe that :D

Menthol
12-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Arne the throttling was fixed by matching the processor with the board, a SB-E does not work well on a RIVBE board.

nikosa43
12-24-2013, 12:31 PM
And a year ago you would have looked at this paragraph you wrote and gone WTF is this μαλάκας on about. :D :D Good advice and solid method. Thanks Vizman, right to the point ....and lol, good Greeks mate :DMerry Christmas to everyone! Now I have to bench for tonight's dinner :D

Menthol
12-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Merry Christmas Eve here 76 degrees F in S. Cali. Here's some heat for you

Vantage = 59866

Skyn3t's PO state bios

twisted1
12-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I was planing on upgrading to X79 and Ivy-E, but when I saw the poor OC results everyone was getting I changed my mind. Looking at your OC results makes me wonder if I might go the X79 route after all. I've seen alot of "famous" benchers not getting more than 4600-4800Mhz and they've tried 3-4 different cpus. Nice to see what Ivy-E can do in the hands of a real ROG bencher. Nice to see you pushing the mem to, and the temps are great. Most others claim heat problems. They're not Menthol though :)

If Ivy-E is anything like Ivy you don't have to be shy on the Vcore when it comes to the really high OC's. And Ivy it can take more voltage then sandy if I'm correctly informed.

Would be interesting to see how high it will go in pure Mhz. My Ivy scales GREAT with with chilled(by nature) water, 5500Mhz no problem and that's with only about 8C watertemp and 360+480xtx rads(can't wait for -20C). Of course I have Paw's super secret dual D5 setup running on full blast, insane flow it says in the classified whitepaper that came with it ;)

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/thereal_twisted/IMG_20131224_051730_zpsqjrwpqth.jpg (http://s919.photobucket.com/user/thereal_twisted/media/IMG_20131224_051730_zpsqjrwpqth.jpg.html)

And a very merry X-mas to all my ROG brothers!

Arne Saknussemm
12-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Yes, it's nice to see IB-E clocking...gives one hope....maybe the later chips will be worth buying

Great score Menthol....great GPU clocks!

Twisted1 I have that setup and white paper too :D

twisted1
12-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Sure mate :) see the screens I have posted with memtweakit http://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31332&d=1387570573. Set everything in default in BIOS. Do your settings for a CPU clock and reboot. Set XMP 1and reboot. Set your VCCSA 1.20 and Dram to 1.84 from 1.65(auto). Check your VCCIO if it is 1.25 and reboot. Set your ram frequency to 2666 and reboot. Now, you will be at 2666 9,10,10,31 T2 all other settings auto. Start with T2-->T1 and reboot. Then go to Latency Boundary and start from auto --->8, reboot and check stability. If ok reduce by one. Usually samsungs can go down to 6. Then you can start tighten rest of the timmings as in the screen.

I'm having trouble getting my set to reach 2666, however I'm on the maximus 5 gene now. On the extreme I have got them up to2808Mhz(just pure Mhz, loose timings) TridentX all have samsung IC's, they have two different types of samsung IC's though. The good ones have HCH9 IC's and the not as good one some other ones that I can't remember what they're called atm. Mine are the not so good ones. You can tell the difference by looking at the numbers on the sticks.

Se how it says 1314 then 1500, that's the bad batch. If it says 2500 you're in luck and it's the samsung HCH9 IC's.

This is the samsung tight profile that I've messed with abit. Gives ok score in memtweakit but don't know if it's suited for SuperPi.

nikosa43
12-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Maybe you are right. Mine is the 2500, but Gskill change them all the time. Don't bother so much to reach high numbers in memtweakit. Use it to change settings on the fly and test spi. Only this, will tell you if you got some gains. Don't try to find the tightest timmings. Sometimes something more relaxed but well combined makes miracles :)

twisted1
12-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Great nikosa, I've seen alot of people running the HCH9 version @2800 on XMP timings.

Check this, these are generic samsung HCH9, rated @1333

Dartmaul
12-24-2013, 06:22 PM
twisted1 try to drop tWCL and most of the 3th timings, it would cut off few seconds from superpi.

And give da mem some volts!

meankeys
12-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Some great numbers posted up tonight :)

Everyone have a Merry Christmas
I hope Santa leaves everyone some nice hardware in there stockings

Menthol
12-25-2013, 07:34 AM
CPU @ 4875 Memory @ 2666

RB = 108895

SPI = 6m 46.940s

Vantage = 58948

HiVizMan
12-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Nice going lads, and good scores posted up Menthol.

Quick question guys how uptodate is the google document I shared? Can take it as given that you are all updating that document as soon as you post scores up.

Want to have a provisional leader board up.

Dartmaul
12-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Finally, Menthol has same CPU as I have... and it seems that my efficiency if better)
That sweet sweet taste) :p

Menthol
12-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes Dart your efficiency is way better, hat's off to you, I am struggling with it somewhat and can't wait to go back to SB-E

Viz, yes sir would be nice to see standings, need to know how to eak off a win over Dart

Dartmaul
12-25-2013, 05:23 PM
C'mon you win all the time let me do that once;)

PS You can have all of my best tips about Ivy-E any time)

Menthol
12-26-2013, 05:14 AM
Dart, I don't think you have to worry my friend, thanks for offering your knowledge this platform is a little different and frustrating but I'll work on it myself until after the competition, we are fairly close on RB now. I can not get Superpi down, I got a worse score on my XP drive, I believe it's because I installed it on the SB-E platform, get pretty tired of re-installing multiple OS's all the time
Anyway I installed my set of Gskill pi's and benched at 4900/2400mhz CL8, can't get psc to run at CL7, anything above 4900mhz on the CPU and I can't keep it stable in Vantage and RB.

Vantage = 59410 upset I can't get to 60000
Superpi = 6m51.151s going in the wrong direction on this one
RB = 109033 tried real hard to beat you on this one but couldn't make it

Arne Saknussemm
12-26-2013, 08:34 AM
tried real hard to beat you on this one but couldn't make it

LOL..me too....damn Nvidia Open CL drivers! :o

RB109236